• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Downloading now, I'll give it a listen today or tomorrow depending on my schedule.

it's for y'all weekends... hopefully someone somewhere will be going to or having a house party

IrishNinja

i saw, Acid...made me glad i went back man.

hype!

Ice T made a hiphop documentary, Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap which is being shown at Sundance. The trailer looks great.

...hype?

car term reappropriated to say she's basically all plastic surgery & cosmetic upgrades

hahaha, i'm totally using this.

this thread is so aftermarket

...deep.

*edit - ace, got a tracklisting on the new poppy mix?

Remyzero

Initiation time! Big ups to all my haters

1. Late Registration, College Dropout, Graduation, Dark Twisted Fantasy, 808s
2. The west
3. Tupac
4. Sponges
5. Jay-z has everything
6. Baracka flocka flame! I don't like "no hands" so probably Royce
7. J Cole has good mixtapes
8. RZA and Ghost
9. Tupac can rap...Biggie does flow.
10. 7/10 I like "kick push" and "hip hop saved my life". Enemy of the State was good and LASERS was over hyped
11. Lil B is trill. Let that boy cook
12. I like the era when people took him seriously. Now he's serious and nobody takes him serious.
13. Don't know...got to be that acting he did or does
14. I always considered Nas to be a great musician not producer unfortunately
15. Joe Budden? Pump It Up? Mann I heard that on KDay radio a few days ago!

thanks!

RJT

Anyone else think Earl Sweatshirt is sounding a lot like MF Doom, or is it just me?

BTW, welcome, juniors, to the best hiphop corner of the Internet.

TheOddOne

I'm gonna leave this here.

tumblr_lz075vIsKW1qfno87o1_500.gif

YESSS. Earl is back fuckers! Doesn't matter if he's still with OF or not. He's obviously the best one out of all of them. He can do whatever he wants as long as the new shit is dope. Also, anyone find it strange he's being managed by 2pac's manager?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I liked the cut of the song. Those synth flourishes are pretty great. video itself is alright, I do like the kaleidoscope effect, I'll definitely have to have it on next time I do shrooms.

overcast

I like the cut of the song as well. Really expected something insane for the video. Cuts of the Paris architecture and animals sprinkled throughout are pretty cool.

:lol @ the NIP video. THAT should've been the one with the explosions and crap in it. Kaleidoscope-ass concert video with some panthers. The hell?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No I.D. Challenged Kanye to make Otis on the spot
Jay-Z and Kanye West’s Watch the Throne may be in contention for Best Rap Album at the Grammys, but Dion “No I.D.” Wilson—who produced one of the disc’s bonus cuts, “Primetime”—initially wasn’t too impressed with the blockbuster collaborative LP.

“I kinda didn’t agree with the direction that Watch the Throne was going because I felt like, ‘Y’all were two of the best that did it as far advancing, pushing the bar, the envelope of what hip-hop can do and is,’” Wilson told XXLMag.com. “And I felt like some of the songs were copping out a little to me.”

Months after his first listen, Wilson was fortunate enough to hear the final WTT version while in New York for Big Sean’s Finally Famous listening session. Again, Jay and ‘Ye’s frequent collaborator wasn’t thrilled. Something was missing. Yeezy had been working closely with RZA, Q-Tip, The Neptunes and Hit Boy, just to name a few, but he hadn’t produced a record on his own as he did on his previous records.

“I get the co-productions, but how you gon do an album and you don’t go to the machine and do one beat by yourself?” No I.D. explained. “We have always sparked this challenge in each other and it bled into the world, so I just wanted to hit him in the stomach real quick. This is what you got? He was like, ‘No, that’s cool. I’m bout to do something.’”

No I.D.’s challenge resulted in Yeezy chopping up Otis Redding’s “Try a Little Tenderness” for The Throne’s smash hit, “Otis.” The song was added to WTT at the 11th hour and became the LP’s second single. It’s now nominated for Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance at the Grammys.

“I remember even at the time at the label they was like, ‘What the hell? No I.D. just came in and messed up our release schedule,’” he recalled. “We all amongst ourselves really are battling each other each and every minute of life, but it’s all in the spirit of advancement and the pursuit of dopeness is what I call it.”

EDIT:
Rick Ross - Yella Diamonds video.

Yelawolf - Marijuana video.

Asher Roth - Dope Shit video.

Apologies if posted.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25021028/poppy2.mp3

ended up a little ignorant as well.. but it's all good

Fuck yes thank you based ace

That Earl song is complete fucking garbage. That beat is horrible even for OF standards (which is pretty damn low) and Earl was completely unremarkable. I'll give him another shot though, haven't heard enough to discount him completely.

edit: lol NIP video, boring as fuck.

Master Z

Watched that NIP video...

Why did they add that shitty high pitch synth making it sound like weak techno? I like the raw electronic sound of the original.

Some creative editing.

I feel like I've just been bombarded with mad subliminals and have an uneasy feeling. :/

T Dollarz

Can't believe it's been over a year since the release of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Still a damn good album. You gotta remember, Kanye was coming off the disappointing 808s so people would have been ready to write him off with another poor release. I guess in that respect, he was kinda in the same spot Lupe is in right now. Boy, did Kanye prove the doubters wrong. Proved that 808s was just a hickup and Kanye is still at the top of his game. Hope Lupe hits us hard with another masterpiece like Yeezy taught him.

Kad5

Hey guys if I wanna start DJing what software should I get?

Also, hardware suggestions? I'm not trying to necessarily get the most expensive stuff.

CRS

Can't believe it's been over a year since the release of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Still a damn good album. You gotta remember, Kanye was coming off the disappointing 808s so people would have been ready to write him off with another poor release. I guess in that respect, he was kinda in the same spot Lupe is in right now. Boy, did Kanye prove the doubters wrong. Proved that 808s was just a hickup and Kanye is still at the top of his game. Hope Lupe hits us hard with another masterpiece like Yeezy taught him.

808s was not a hiccup. Enough Yeezy talk though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom