• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
yeah but isnt Rick Ross managed by Puffy's people?
and they got that Bugatti Boys thing.

I think Ross said clearly that he didn't need Diddy's people until he saw they could net him movie deals/clothes/ and so forth..

I don't know how close the two really are..

Blackace

Didn't listen to either pheo or vinny. It's hard for me to download a tape by someone with a dollar sing in his name who isn't ke$ha lol

And yes, PD is fucking retarded if he thinks the Rek's album has bad production. Speaking of production, the beats on jada's mixtape almost make up for him being more boring that a bag of middle aged married white men.

he wasted a 2 chainz feature of the lamest beat on the mixtape.. he should have been on the jeezy song..

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
nothing to be ashamed of there! I will make you ignorant yet!
haha I like ignorant, your ignant mixes get tons of play from me. I think it's the fact that I'm listening to a song with jada, meek mill and yung joc. It's one thing to have a single guest spot by one of them, but to know i'm listening to the three of them together on a track makes me feel like I'm condoning terrible things.

PBY

Banned
haha I like ignorant, your ignant mixes get tons of play from me. I think it's the fact that I'm listening to a song with jada, meek mill and yung joc. It's one thing to have a single guest spot by one of them, but to know i'm listening to the three of them together on a track makes me feel like I'm condoning terrible things.

you know, meek mill's pretty ignorant, BUT he has a surprising amount of storytelling (good storytelling too) woven into his lyrics, and he can spit puns with charisma so they come of funny instead of just cheesy.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
you know, meek mill's pretty ignorant, BUT he has a surprising amount of storytelling (good storytelling too) woven into his lyrics, and he can spit puns with charisma so they come of funny instead of just cheesy.

Meek is the scottie pippen of MMG...no not even that, he's the Ron Harper.

agreed, I can't but laugh at the line when he's like shawty said she got a man WHAT. his voice just cracks me up on that part

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Seems like every corner of GAF-Hop feels like that Jada tape is worth a listen. Guess I'll check it out. Some quick thoughts on what I've been listening to:

Chuuwee - Crown Me King: My first Chuuwee anything, ever. I like dude. Your Highness is the best song by far, even for just the Nardwuar line. Dude has flow. Dude is missing something though, can't put my finger on it though. Like wittiness or something. But I'm definitely feeling the tape and will make sure to check out more from him. What's his best work?

Deltron 3030: Haven't fully digested it yet, but it has this otherworldly feel to it. The entire album flows so well. Dope, not much else to say ATM.

HiResDes

Seems like every corner of GAF-Hop feels like that Jada tape is worth a listen. Guess I'll check it out. Some quick thoughts on what I've been listening to:

Chuuwee - Crown Me King: My first Chuuwee anything, ever. I like dude. Your Highness is the best song by far, even for just the Nardwuar line. Dude has flow. Dude is missing something though, can't put my finger on it though. Like wittiness or something. But I'm definitely feeling the tape and will make sure to check out more from him. What's his best work?

Deltron 3030: Haven't fully digested it yet, but it has this otherworldly feel to it. The entire album flows so well. Dope, not much else to say ATM.

Listen to this one for a change of pace:

PBY

Banned
^Good for a different (slightly) side of Chuuwee, but if you basically want the prequel (equally nice) to the album you heard, get this:
front.jpg

http://www.djbooth.net/index/mixtapes/entry/chuuwee-watching-the-throne/

Deltron is a sick album. The more I listen to it the more it impresses me, it's nuts. It's one of the very few hip-hop albums that have ever truly taken my mind to a different place while listening to it. They absolutely nailed the futuristic dystopian vibe.

B.o.B's album is pretty bad.

I guess it's just not for me...shame since I probably was the only guy to like his first one.

His mixtapes still bang but yeah meh outside of Where is B.o.B which is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5ayGV3SgRs#t=1m30s

Is Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire always like this?
Makes it more apparent that El-P isn't that great of a rapper.

Pretty much. I've had his mixtape from last year since it came out, and haven't listened to it due to my backlog. But every time I hear a song from it, it's dope. And it has a lot of El-p production on it, including some recycled stuff (but dope still)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znmf1MOt430

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9_D_bZrBaw

Tokubetsu

And to think when I posted that tape, and the huzzah tape no one wanted to listen. Is this what HRD feels like all the time?

DominoKid

eXquire is my fav budding talent atm, no doubt. Of the 'rookies,' I've been preaching that the guy has a charisma/track presence unrivaled, save for... Brown, incidentally enough. That upcoming tour is going to be nuts.

oh really...

for some reason its interesting to see who's hopping on his bandwagon, not just here but in general.

he's just aight to me.
he doesn't fuck up a track, but he won't be the reason i check a track out.

edit: i think he stands out because often he's rapping with people that have crap ass mic presence. a fatal flaw of many underground rappers.

Blackace

Just missing Big Sean
Meek's aiight by me..
Meek is the scottie pippen of MMG...no not even that, he's the Ron Harper.
I would have gone with Ho.Grant but I can accept this

Grzi

seems like all these mixtapes are from boring dudes with no mic command, talking about how awesome and underrated they are. Bleh, give me something to care about. None of this dope beats+Diggy voice bullshit

I partially agree with you on this one. Partially because I still like a lot of stuff, but I am getting kind of tired of the whole beta male hip hop stuff.
I could really use some new Freddie Gibbs stuff right now for instance. What I wouldn't give for a true Dipset revival though...

DangerStepp

Is Odd Future worth getting into? They released their second volume mix tape a couple months ago.

This Frank Ocean album is downloadable for free; it seems I've seen this album cover on the last GAF-Hop thread.

Worth checking out? I've been all about Death Grips as of late.

kodecraft

It had been talked about long ago.. he was looking at other deals as well.. Guess MMG was the best

Please stop pretending to be insider.. it's so tired..

It had been talked about long ago? yea.....by me.

Not pretending at all, living in the ATL and having plugs/connects you'd be surprised about me. Don't speak too soon Black.

-It's all good.

Blackace

It had been talked about long ago? yea.....by me.

Not pretending at all, living in the ATL and having plugs/connects you'd be surprised about me. Don't speak too soon Black.
Been talked about by others besides you... Living in ATL doesn't mean anything to me.. I live in Japan and have plenty of connects to the industry.. But doesnt make me some super insider...

see5harp

While I don't think El-P has a great voice or cadence compared to eXquire, to say he's a bad rapper is crazy. He's got a unique way with words and puts concepts ahead of punchlines. Beyond all of that he's a great producer with a unique sound.

EDIT: He's probably not even at an Aesop Rock level in terms of vocal abilities, I can admit that. I still think don't think many producer/MC's can touch the quality of his overall discography.

Tokubetsu

While I don't think El-P has a great voice or cadence compared to eXquire, to say he's a bad rapper is crazy. He's got a unique way with words and puts concepts ahead of punchlines. Beyond all of that he's a great producer with a unique sound.

Yea, it might not be your style but I don't think I would ever call him a bad rapper.

nns3d

Is Odd Future worth getting into? They released their second volume mix tape a couple months ago.

This Frank Ocean album is downloadable for free; it seems I've seen this album cover on the last GAF-Hop thread.

Worth checking out? I've been all about Death Grips as of late.

Check out Hodgy Beats' newest EP. It's free and a lot of people here like it. It's one of my favorites from 2012 for sure.

I haven't really listened to much OF, but I've heard good things about Earl's tape and I liked their Radical mixtape too. And if you haven't heard Frank Ocean's album it's worth checking out.

iavi

oh really...

for some reason its interesting to see who's hopping on his bandwagon, not just here but in general.

he's just aight to me.
he doesn't fuck up a track, but he won't be the reason i check a track out.

edit: i think he stands out because often he's rapping with people that have crap ass mic presence. a fatal flaw of many underground rappers.

Yeah, really.

I was speaking of the rookies - or the bigger rookies, specifically, the spectrum wasn't all that big. And the complaint of him rolling with guys with no presence is actually true, for the most part, but doesn't hold when saying that to mean he can't hang with guys that have it - just on that track quoted he does just fine - if not a bit better - against Brown, and you can hate Danny's delivery but there's no denying that the guy has a huge mic presence.

----

That new KRIT Wuz Here bonus track is EXACTLY what I'm hoping for from "Live from the Underground". A ton of it. Gotdayum, that production.

DangerStepp

Check out Hodgy Beats' newest EP. It's free and a lot of people here like it. It's one of my favorites from 2012 for sure.

I haven't really listened to much OF, but I've heard good things about Earl's tape and I liked their Radical mixtape too. And if you haven't heard Frank Ocean's album it's worth checking out.
Thanks, I'll check it out!

kodecraft

Been talked about by others besides you... Living in ATL doesn't mean anything to me.. I live in Japan and have plenty of connects to the industry.. But doesnt make me some super insider...

Who claims to be a super insider? I was speaking about a situation from an artist who used to be in the game and now was trying to make his way back in the game. Thats all I was speaking on, just ONE artist, not several.

BTW, I will say it hear first, if he doesn't change the name of the album expect the new Ma$e album to be called "I'm Not Rich, Just Soulful"

Esch

Banned
this el-p album is GODLY trunk muzik, too bad there arent more features on it, the killer mike/danny brown songs are so great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom