• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Sup GAF-Hop

Got a request, I'm not in the best state of mind right now for various reasons and need some uplifting, stay on your grind, don't give a fuck songs or albums with some ridiculous hooks. Just some shit to get me uplifted out of this mind fuckery going on right now.

Thanks guys.

PBY

Banned
Sup GAF-Hop

Got a request, I'm not in the best state of mind right now for various reasons and need some uplifting, stay on your grind, don't give a fuck songs or albums with some ridiculous hooks. Just some shit to get me uplifted out of this mind fuckery going on right now.

Thanks guys.

Ja rule real life fantasy

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wait hold up.. fiddy aint from the same generation as Bun B. fiddys like the same class as kanye.

They are about the same age, you just heard Bun alot sooner.

I think one thing really going against Bun is that he is married to a very vocal wife. Has 2 kids by marriage and with that came grandkids. He is focused on that but at the same time trying to act like he matters in rap. Can't really do both. The rap game moves too fast for you to take a bunch of time out being a family man.

Not a diss to Bun, just the truth. You look around one day and the game has passed you by. All about what is important to you.

I remember when Drake was calling him self Sweet Jones, a nickname Pimp C used. Man people got mad around here. Bun jumped to his defense because of Rap A Lot ties, he lost alot of respect during that incident. I think Drake was seeing it as a tribute, but fans weren't down with that at all.

Macca

Sup GAF-Hop

Thanks guys.
Yelawolf - Hard White.

Still don't give a fuck.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sup GAF-Hop

Thanks guys.
So Appalled
Saigon - Bring Me Down Pt. 2
Pac Div - Anti-Freeze
DMX - Party Up
DMX - X Gon Give It To Ya

Keep ya head up.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Sup GAF-Hop

Thanks guys.

Schoolboy Q, Dom Kennedy and that Kembe X mixtape have had me not giving a fuck and on the grind pretty heavy lately.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz_HrKOovzQ

kamspy

Sup GAF-Hop

Thanks guys.

Big KRIT Viktorious and Hometown Hero

TM101

Odd Future

Schoolboy Q

Old 50 Cent. GRODT or before. I recommend Power of the Dollar.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Whats the best car riding music?
I always feel great blasting Curren$y when I ride, but whenever I blast Wu tang it doesn't feel that right. Too many skits. I also bump some Tribe, that shit is so calming.

So what y'all ride to?

kamspy

Whats the best car riding music?
I always feel great blasting Curren$y when I ride, but whenever I blast Wu tang it doesn't feel that right. Too many skits. I also bump some Tribe, that shit is so calming.

So what y'all ride to?

Slim Thug - Boss Basics

This was right after he signed with the Neptunes but before the retail album dropped. A lot of the material on this tape was meant for the album but leaked too early. IMO, this is Slim Thug's TM101.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Sup GAF-Hop

Thanks guys.

Sorry to hear that, hope things improve real soon...

8ball & MJG ft. Slim Thug - Life Goes On

Young Gully - Lovin Me

Zilla ft. Clova & Bentley - Like A Jungle

Z-Ro ft. Trae & Hawk - I'm Still Livin'
J. Stalin - If I Fall Down

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Sup GAF-Hop

Thanks guys.

Not sure about uplifting.. But DMX's One More Road to Cross was my anthem for grinding

Macca

Was gonna suggest this too, but I got worried cause I don't remember anyone in GAF-Hop particularly liking that album but that's a 10/10 Em track for me.
The album did have some standout songs. Too bad the rest of it was shit.

I agree with it being a fantastic Em song.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Got something that has been irking me for a few days.

WTF happened to Bun B? I was listening to "The Southern Way", UGK's first tape and he was flowing like water. Listened to the "Underground Kings" album and he was jamming. Listened to "Trill" and impressed again. Listened to him on Yelawolf's 'Good To Go", classic. Then I listened "Trill OG" and it kinda sucked. Then I listedn to his most recent features and they sucked. Mailing it in, saying the exact same thing.

I follow dude on twitter and he is begging to play with Radiohead at a upcoming music festival. I mean, begging. He also was talking about starting a movement together so he can perform at the NBA All Star game next season. I am thinking, "Why in the hell would they pick you? Slim Thug has been puttingin 10 times as much work as you have done in the past 5 years!".

I am just so disappointed. Bun was the closest thing I had to a rap hero growing up. But now he done fell completely off and lost sight of where is stands in the rap pecking order. He is now that old timer they bring out before the baseball game to throw out the first pitch. You gotta respect what he has done in the past, but currently he has nothing really going on.

...Okay, now I feel better.

You. Are. Nuts.

Trill OG wasnt that good, but the dude has killed almost every feature he is on, and few people get features like Bun B.

If you made a featuring Bun B album it would be epic

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also Rick Ross - Live Fast, Die Young ft. Kanye West.

If I'm ever feeling on top of the world I put that shit on. Tied for best song on Teflon Don alongside I'm Not A Star.

IF I DIE TODAY BURY ME IN A DOPE ASS WATCH

Detox

First name? Ali
Where'd you get your username? Yeah there is the album and I registered when kush dropped and they seemed ready to actually were going to drop it. Trying to justify just sounds dumb and I need a new name any advice would be appreciated
Age? 20
Where do you live? London
Where are you from? London.
How'd you end up where you are? Born and raised
First Hip Hop Album? D12 World bought this solely because I heard this bumping in a car Git up
Top 5 movies? Infernal Affairs, Godfather, 2001, Grave of the Fireflies, Terminator 2
Top 5 Video games? Half Life 2, Halo 3, Mario Galaxy 2, Mario 64, Ocarina of Time
What did you read last? Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
What did you watch last? Turkey v Slovakia
Favorite non hip hop album? Led Zeppelin IV
Favorite Drink? Ice cold water
Play any sports? Played Football/ Soccer mainly as a defender not so much any more
How was your high school life? So far have to say it was the best time of my life, hanged out with everyone in the yeargroup and just had a blast
Employment? Student - History at UCL
Hobbies? Music, games, films and going out
If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Jay-Z motherfucker studied all the classics for Reasonable Doubt and he knows how to make them. Just needs to dedicate serious time to crafting an album,I watched a Reasonable Doubt docu recently and he just needs to get back and focus like the old times.
Why'd you end up on gaf? I don't remember.
Other threads you frequent? Steam, Dota and general news threads
Threads you avoid like the plague? Most of the ones that are based around their own community
Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Illmatic made me listen to hiphop seriously. Before it I would just listen to whatever was on the charts without really appreciating the music. Made me dig up a lot of classics from the past.
Best thing about hip hop? Lyricism, Story telling, flow and beats when they go crazy and sound ridiculously good or just plain funky and soulful.
Worst thing? Misogynistic and homophobic shit just gets harder to listen to the older I get, and when people with no talent make it big which is then used as ammo by ignorant haters to bring down the whole of hiphop
Shittiest thing you've ever done? Nothing really comes to mind either I'm too much of a nice guy or I just have never perceived my actions as being shitty.

Mangotron

Go Hard - DJ Khaled
Till I Collapse - Eminem
Heart of the City - Jay-Z
Who Dat - J. Cole
Beast Mode - B.O.B.

Random ones off the top of my head, all pretty confidence boosting.

OG Kush

50 is two years younger. I meant age group. They are on the wrong side of 35.

holy shit.. bun b's been doin this since he was 15.
If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Jay-Z motherfucker studied all the classics for Reasonable Doubt and he knows how to make them. Just needs to dedicate serious time to crafting an album,I watched a Reasonable Doubt docu recently and he just needs to get back and focus like the old times.
[/B]
yo what documentary was this?

Macca

Go Hard - DJ Khaled
Till I Collapse - Eminem
Heart of the City - Jay-Z
Who Dat - J. Cole
Beast Mode - B.O.B.

Random ones off the top of my head, all pretty confidence boosting.
Beast mode is a really good one. Love that track.

I'd also add On to the Next One - Hov.

whoah did not know we had a new thread

Also Rick Ross - Live Fast, Die Young ft. Kanye West.

If I'm ever feeling on top of the world I put that shit on. Tied for best song on Teflon Don alongside I'm Not A Star.

IF I DIE TODAY BURY ME IN A DOPE ASS WATCH
something something Free Mason

The M.O.B

When Lupe wins, We lose.
bb9b18fc632a11e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

Kwixotik

First name? Logan

Where'd you get your username? Comes from 'quixotic', just a word I like.
Age? 20
Where do you live? France
Where are you from? Kentucky
How'd you end up where you are? Studying abroad.
First Hip Hop Album? Not really sure. I was 100% into shitty Slipknot/Linkin Park music in middle school. I vividly remember the night I realized hip hop wasn't complete shit. I was pretending to be asleep in my room at 3am watching MTV music videos. They played Kick, Push by Lupe Fiasco and Do for Love by 2pac. The next day I started looking into Pac's music on Youtube, eventually downloaded one of his albums (don't remember which) and that was probably my first.
Top 5 movies? I fucking hate 'top' lists because I'm indecisive, so just consider these movies I like. Pan's Labyrinth, The Big Lebowski, 2001: A Spacy Odyssey, LOTR, Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Top 5 Video games? Mass Effect, Earthbound, TES series, Demon's/Dark Souls, Zelda series
What did you read last? The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
What did you watch last? Finished the last season of The Wire a week or so ago. Since then, random documentaries and South Park
Favorite non hip hop album? Changes all the time, but lately I've been into Either/Or by Elliott Smith

Favorite Drink? Coca-Cola. As far as alcohol, been drinking a lot of wine and gin/juice lately. Also enjoy Amaretto/Coke, Bailey's (and similar drinks), and whiskey.
Play any sports? Masturbation?
How was your high school life? Shitty/unremarkable. I spent most of my time at home alone and didn't have a consistent friend group (jumped to another group every year). College is fucking awesome though.
Bad habits? I stay up really, really late for no reason. Too much Vyvanse, caffeine. Regularly have phases where I socially withdraw myself and alienate people.
Employment? Student.
Hobbies? Iunno, not deeply engaged in any particularly hobby. Casually interested in fashion, video games (I collect SNES games), literature (English major), and other mundane shit.

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Lupe... or Cudi...
Why'd you end up on gaf? It's kind of embarrassing, but knowing of no other general video game boards than ones like IGN, gamefaqs, etc. I ended up spending most of my time on /v/. After getting fed up with their bitching, I posted a thread asking about other boards I could migrate to. NeoGAF was one of those posted and it seemed like my sort of community, so I registered.
Other threads you frequent? None, really, but I check the monthly pick-up threads and custom cover art thread occasionally.
Threads you avoid like the plague? Any thread having to do with religion or atheism.
Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? To me personally? Probably Food & Liquor and Man on the Moon because they got me really interested in newer hip hop instead of just sticking to older stuff like I did for a few years. Not going to defend Cudi as a lyricist though.
Best thing about hip hop? So many different subgenres, that there's almost always some rap that I'm in the mood for. Best thing right now? I know the forum's opinion of ASAP Rocky is divided (I love LiveLoveA$AP personally), but I hope that Houston influence spreads a little bit.
Worst thing? Misogyny.
Shittiest thing you've ever done? I was a
Juggalo
for about 3 months in middle school... I'm going to regret admitting to that...

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Drake sounds like a little boy on that song. Isn't he supposed to be an actor? Why is he so unconvincing? and what is the point in those little segments about finding that girl who's dabbling with people in the underworld or whatever? It's a fucking strip club song! The video doesn't need a goddamn story, it just needs to look something like the uncensored P Poppin video with Ludacris which i can't link because apparently youtube don't play that shit unless you have an account.

First name? Stanley
Where'd you get your username? I've always loved the Sonic the Hedgehog video games, and since the spin dash attack made you go faster, I just had to use it.
Age? 22
Where do you live? Queens, New York.
Where are you from? Brooklyn, New York.
How'd you end up where you are? My mom and pops immigrated from Haiti to New York. They lived in Brooklyn for a few years but moved to Queens later on since apartments weren't working for them.
First Hip Hop Album? When I got into rap during the whole Napster/Kazaa days, I didn't get full albums, but rather hit singles, etc. I guess the first hip-hop album that I totally digested start to finish would probably be Food & Liquor. Then I went back in rap history to listen to the greats...

Top 5 movies? Pulp Fiction, How High, Black Dynamite, Rush Hour (1/2), Coming to America

Top 5 Video games? Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Final Fantasy VII, Crash Bandicoot 3, The World Ends With You, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. I couldn't narrow it down, but these are a few games I could think of.

What did you read last? We, written by Yevgeny Zamyatin. A nice dystopian novel.

What did you watch last? WWE RAW from last night. Before that, it was some Cross Assault.

Favorite non hip hop album?
Maggot Brain, by Funkadelic

Favorite Drink? Lipton's Iced Tea

Play any sports? I used to play a little basketball as well as a little soccer back in highschool.

How was your high school life? Awkward nerd that didn't have a lot of friends. Now I'm an awkward nerd that does have a lot of friends.

Bad habits? Procrastination.

Employment? Unemployed.

Hobbies? Video games, sketching, anime/manga.

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Lupe Fiasco

Why'd you end up on gaf? "I came for the Gaming and stayed for the Off-topic." I wanted to know more information about Final Fantasy XIII (I know right?) way back when the first few trailers got released and it seemed like GAF got the news really quick before anyone else did. I registered and a year and a few months later, I became a member.

Other threads you frequent? WrestleGAF, Black Culture Thread, and I drop by the Victorious thread from time to time since I kind-of-sort of was a founding father of the whole CreepyGAF thing. I lurk Anime GAF from time to time, too.

Threads you avoid like the plague? I don't really avoid any threads but if I had to name a thread that I've really never set foot in, it would be PonyGAF. I mean, I have nothing against liking My Little Pony, but it just isn't my thing.

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Don't come at me with pitchforks, but College Dropout was probably the album that cemented me as a hip-hop fan. I could just relate to it all.

Best thing about hip hop? Lyricism and dope beats.

Worst thing? Gonna have to agree with siddx and say the homophobia. Smarten up, guys.

Shittiest thing you've ever done? I can't really think about anything at the moment. I guess lying to my mother's face a few times really hurt afterwards?

Jtrizzy

Can anyone suggest a good way to organize my music collection? Right now it's all over the place, fucked up file names like "track 01" etc etc. I thought this would be a good thread to ask...

Here is what I'm looking at.

-100 or so CD's
-8 gig ipod mini on it's deathbed

I am using my Droid 2 for all music playing outside of the house now (car, work, exercise) I have plenty of good music on it, but have a ton of stuff like "track 01" or "XCBV" from burned CD's before itunes just looked up the names or from copying music from my ps3.

is there a program that will do the work of identifying and labeling the unlabeled stuff? If not, is there an efficient way to edit the files? I can use Shazaam to identify them I guess.

Should I just burn all of the CD's to my pc, then copy to my phone? Is there a good program for this or just itunes? What is a good bit rate to use?

JackEtc

Here's a 30 sec vid I made for class using Wu-Tang's Method Man. I figured some of yous would like it http://vimeo.com/37510916
Dude, awesome video. I love typography videos, and making a Wu-Tang just makes it better. Nice work
Can anyone suggest a good way to organize my music collection? Right now it's all over the place, fucked up file names like "track 01" etc etc. I thought this would be a good thread to ask...

Here is what I'm looking at.

-100 or so CD's
-8 gig ipod mini on it's deathbed

I am using my Droid 2 for all music playing outside of the house now (car, work, exercise) I have plenty of good music on it, but have a ton of stuff like "track 01" or "XCBV" from burned CD's before itunes just looked up the names or from copying music from my ps3.

is there a program that will do the work of identifying and labeling the unlabeled stuff? If not, is there an efficient way to edit the files? I can use Shazaam to identify them I guess.

Should I just burn all of the CD's to my pc, then copy to my phone? Is there a good program for this or just itunes? What is a good bit rate to use?
I was in a similar situation a few years back, and I ended up just sucking it up and editing everything manually through iTunes, and then highlighting all the songs, and selecting "Convert ID3 Tags" using ID3 version 2.3. It makes all the changes you made in iTunes to the file itself as well. It takes forever, but the OCD part of me felt so good when it was all fixed and super well organized. It was great. But then I just decided to delete everything and start over, but that was mainly because whenever I had my library set to shuffle I was hitting next 9/10 times, but that's besides the point. I'd say do it by hand as I did, less of a chance of something getting royally fucked up.

As far as using an Android phone as a portable player (had a Droid X before my iP4s), I bought an app on the market called "iSyncr" and used that to sync my Droid X with an iTunes playlist. The app did it in a pretty weird way, not actually integrating with iTunes, but it got the job done.

Mangotron

Can anyone suggest a good way to organize my music collection?

Basically you're just gonna have to bite the bullet and do it manually. There is a free program called MP3Tag that I use sometimes, it indexes Amazon and some other sites to get album art and track info, and you can run albums through that if you know what they are.

Just be careful when you're using it, because if the track listings don't match up when you do it, it'll mess up the tags.

As far as media players go, I like Zune's interface the best but next to nothing works with it. I have an iPod so I'm essentially forced into using iTunes. It's a leaky, slow, piece of shit, but I've learned to work with it.

As far as bitrates go, that mostly depends on your equipment and your ears. For really bass-heavy or complex tracks I prefer 320kbps+, but 95% of the time 256kpbs is ok.

CRS

Audiogalaxy is the app I always recommend when people mention smartphones, specifically Android devices. You can stream your entire music collection to your phone and best part is it's free.

On my phone, I use Audiogalaxy for my library/downloads, Spotify for new music, and Last.fm when I don't know what to listen to.

CRS

The second one was like him trying to recreate the success without any of the variety and it was disappointing. It felt like every song was trying to be either Apologize or Promiscuous Girl.

The first Shock Value is underrated.

Almost a third of the album got crazy amounts of radio play so I can see how that could have affected people's view of the album.

Where'd you get your username? Yeah there is the album and I registered when kush dropped and they seemed ready to actually were going to drop it. Trying to justify just sounds dumb and I need a new name any advice would be appreciated
Detox
The only Detox we're getting in this lifetime.

IrishNinja

First name? Nicholas
Where'd you get your username? a boston guy with a shuriken on his arm picked it up back in like jr high for some shit, kinda stuck since. i had to fight this one dude to keep it though, true story!
Age? 33, like jeebus
Where do you live? miami, FL
Where are you from? MIA, but i'm picking up my travels again this year
How'd you end up where you are? mostly grew up here & ATL; graduated college and spent a year out in the midwest, then stayed with an indian chick in the bay area, then wandered back here.
First Hip Hop Album? either House of Pain or Eric B. & Rakim: follow the leader, because of those columbia house cassette deals you could kinda rip off in the day.

Top 5 movies? The Good, the bad & the ugly, Braveheart, Fight Club, The 36th chamber of shaolin (at the moment), either Die Hard or Ghostbusters.

Top 5 Video games? Earthbound, Shenmue 2, Zombies at my Neighbors, Katamari Damacy, and uh...prolly MGS3. can we make it 10? i really wanna put some of the Souls and Yakuza shit up there.

What did you read last? comic: Daredevil, book: Vagabonding, though im sleeping on this dog whisperer one and it shows, the way this little guy is acting.

What did you watch last? Walking Dead, Game of Thrones marathon with my chick. random documentaries on netflix.

Favorite non hip hop album? either MJ or Nujabes, hard to narrow down.

Favorite Drink? [strike[lemonade was a popular drink, and it still is[/s] i mostly fuck with water or beer

Play any sports? Boxing, though i haven't competed since college. I dig soccer but can't get a pickup game going lately.

How was your high school life? all-guy catholic school. i tried making up for shit on the weekends, but i'm not gonna front: there was way more mario kart than pussy.

Bad habits? i'm cheap (especially when im trying to plan a trip, etc), prolly talk too much when im mad drunk/high

Employment? gov't

Hobbies? video games (apparently talking about them online too), comics, music, drinking with friends

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? maybe Khaled, but Chris Brown is a pretty good vote too

Why'd you end up on gaf? i was actually all over Kotaku for years (i know...), was shopping around for a new home when it was way past bad over there and really dug some of the gaming side talk.

Other threads you frequent? Jazz-hop, Nagoshi-age, buy/sell thread (some crazy deals up in there!), Adventure Time, random gaming and OT shit

Threads you avoid like the plague? pop gaf, sports gaf, those hot-button ones in OT that you just know are gonna be graveyards when a mod shows up (but ill rubberneck like crazy)

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? 36 chambers, just so many quotables and what was being done both thematically and with this supergroup of varying styles...me and my boys were all over that in the day, i clearly still am

Best thing about hip hop? the ability to move people at parties, or say some really deep shit, or both if you want - it's way more versatile than people allow it to be most times

Worst thing? homophobia's a good one here, i'll add gimmicks/trends and the NFL model of radio dominance where there's more money on the table sometimes but it goes to fewer artists

Shittiest thing you've ever done? i snitched once as a kid with fucked up ideas, never again. dudes forgave me but i kinda didn't.

JackEtc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFzzV4M42PI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enZRB_TjJ00&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ogs_NsXh58

What happened to these type of music videos? Now every fucking thing is about art, purple, and fucking techno beats with rappers trying to be political. It really feels like everyone is just trying to be someone or something they aren't. /end rant

The music videos that I really wish would come back are Busta's crazy ones.

Gimme Some More

Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See

So amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom