• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Tokubetsu is like Lupe, he is on some shit that nobody likes but him.

Still got mad love for you Toku, even if you're turning into a cook :3

It's true, I'm just too wavey for GAF-Hop. Y'all can't hold me.

isMpeDF2yvjfN.gif

IrishNinja

not before i get my much-vaunted Consequence's weed-carrier™ tag though

used to say u-god but now that he's a GOAT contender i'm outta my league

IrishNinja

i remember being here years ago (OT side) when there was a tag-fishing thread. i sat out cause i know a lotta mods are on some monkey's paw shit: you wish for cons, and you end up khaled's weed carrier or the like.

Kad5

My friend told me he thought D12 was better than Wu-Tang.

I played him Liquid Swords by GZA and he shut up.

Macca

My friend told me he thought D12 was better than Wu-Tang.

I played him Liquid Swords by GZA and he shut up.
That's not really a fair way to show it though. It'd be like saying to judge D12 based on Eminem.

Not that I disagree or anything...

Kad5

That's not really a fair way to show it though. It'd be like saying to judge D12 based on Eminem.

Not that I disagree or anything...

Yeah I feel ya.

I probably should have played 36 chambers but liquid swords is my favorite classic album by a wu-tang member.

Edit: btw can anyone tell me how to properly use the EQ on my iphone if I play music in my car with it?

I listened to Binary Star's Masters of the Universe for the first time yesterday and I fucking love it. There's some ridiculous songs on it

RJT

First name? Ricardo

Where'd you get your username? From my name

Age? 28

Where do you live? Portugal

Where are you from? Portugal

How'd you end up where you are? Inertia

First Hip Hop Album? Gabriel o Pensador (Brazilian MC - I was too young to understand English)

Top 5 movies? Pulp Fiction, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Requiem for a Dream, Fight Club, The Shawshank Redemption

Top 5 Video games? Baldur's Gate II, Portal, Mirror's Edge, Quake 3,

What did you read last? A Feast for Crows (Game of Thrones series)

What did you watch last? The Iron Lady. Meryl Streep was awesome, as usual.

Favorite non hip hop album? Probably Ségio Godinho - Ao Vivo no Coliseu. I don't really listen to non hip hop (I get bored).

Favorite Drink? Port Wine / Belgium Beer / Caipirinha

Play any sports? Nope. See "Bad Habits" for why.

How was your high school life? I was a nerd...

Bad habits? Laziness

Employment? Management.

Hobbies? Movies, Internet. I love to learn stuff, and the Internet allows me to do it for free.

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Nas. I would torture him until he told me how he was able to write such a perfect album and then never live up to it.

Why'd you end up on gaf? When the Wii came out, I loved it. First came to GAF for news, then signed because of the meltdowns and tight moderation, and then moved to OT when the console wars ended.

Other threads you frequent? I lurk movie threads. I love the Ron Paul thread (that shit cray...), and tend to check strange threads (for the lulz).

Threads you avoid like the plague? None, really... Some are indifferent to me (e.g. american sports), but I can't resist threads that should be avoided.

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Blackstar. It was the album that introduced me to a load of great artists (Rawkus stuff, Common, The Roots) and made me get serious about hip-hop (btw, the greatest would be Illmatic).

Best thing about hip hop? Hip-hop makes me think. That opens a huge range of emotions that other genres simply can't provoke (some individual artists in other genres can do it too, but it's so much more common in hip hop that I gave up everything else).

Worst thing? Misogyny and homophobia.

Shittiest thing you've ever done? I drove drunk as fuck. I could barely keep the car straight, and even though it was a really short distance (half a mile or something), I'll never do it again.

Kad5

I listened to Binary Star's Masters of the Universe for the first time yesterday and I fucking love it. There's some ridiculous songs on it

That's one of the best underground albums.

It's a shame they didn't continue making more that album is a classic.

Natural

Deadwood is dope..

the wire, Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, Psych, and Breaking bad

would be mine

I need to finish watching this.. I got to season 2 and got so bored I couldn't go on.. I heard season 4 or whatever season has the kids in is dope as fuck though, so I wanna watch that

SoilBreak

Banned
Action Bronson & Party Supplies – Blue Chips (Preview)
Blue Chips is a project that allows me to give something back to all the people who have been supporting me during the last year. Party Supplies and myself linked up in the late fall and over the span of a few weeks created this project entirely off the cuff. We didn’t over think it, we just had fun making music with no pressures of making a “hit song”, clearing of samples or sales expectations. Thanks to the good people over at Reebok and our friends at Complex we are able to give it away to our fans for the nice price of Free.99. We look at this as a thank you of sorts to all the people who rock with us. – Bronson

Blue Chips drops March 12th.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Nothing screams balla balla like sitting on an overturned shopping cart.

I don't get Rick Ross.
I've never once heard him rhyme anything substantial or of any sort of consequence.
At least (arguably) less skilled rappers like Waka Flocka are fun to listen too and come with some kind of energy or humour. Ross as well as having jack shit to say sounds boring as fuck whilst he says it. Again, I don't get it.....

siddx

Ross is too busy sending his goons to punch DJ's in the face to care about posture.

//B1G

Banned
Ross is too busy sending his goons to punch DJ's in the face to care about posture.

it's not really even posture, his neck is just seated that far down on his damn shoulders.

and i just heard that d-why dude today, that's wack. who wants to hear a whiny ass white dude 'rap' about how well he dresses?

That's one of the best underground albums.

It's a shame they didn't continue making more that album is a classic.

I take it their solo stuff is not as good?

Also, I'm listening to the Root's Dilla Joints and it's so fucking good. Anyone have info on the songs that they're playing? I would love to some of the originals and compare

Mangotron

Not gonna lie, the combination of the shopping cart and his tracksuit make it seem a little bit like a promotion for Target's loss prevention team.

Still pretty hyped for his album though.

Wiz and Amber are engaged.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't want those nails anywhere near my genitals.

Also can't wait for the Kanye meltdown track.

siddx

Yeah sorry, that D-WHY song is fucking terrible. His voice is unbearable. Doesn't help that the beginning of the video had me expecting something far different and I was disappointed to hear yet another generic "drake/weezy" imitator.

Recon

Banned
Yeah sorry, that D-WHY song is fucking terrible. His voice is unbearable. Doesn't help that the beginning of the video had me expecting something far different and I was disappointed to hear yet another generic "drake/weezy" imitator.

Yup, I thought it might of been good until I heard him rap, I might of made it 10 seconds before turning it off.

Funny how posts like these make me check out a song sooner than a positive one.

Hate the song too.

My ninjas, we just had a 15yo white girl patient. She was sitting in the lobby texting and blurted out "Wiz is engaged? awwww they're so cute"

Hip hop lost :(

siddx

How is wzrd now that it's finally out? Is it just more cudi? 'Cause I'm cool with that.

I thought it was truly repulsive. Seriously one of the worst things I've heard this year. But I seem to be in the minority, most people seem to be at least lukewarm or somewhat positive about it.
Don't get why, its complete fucking dogshit.

I thought it was truly repulsive. Seriously one of the worst things I've heard this year. But I seem to be in the minority, most people seem to be at least lukewarm or somewhat positive about it.
Don't get why, its complete fucking dogshit.

Hmmm well now I gotta give it a listen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Your experience/enjoyment with WZRD is directly proportional to how much of a CuDi stan you are, and it maximizes at "okay I guess."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom