• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Tyler used to post on Hypebeast and posted Bastard there first and I heard it back when it came out, I didn't think much of him to be honest until I gave it more listen time later and realized it was actually really good. Tyler was always funny on that site and I had some funny exchanges with him.

Seven, French, Parade, AssMilk, VCR/Wheels, and Inglorious were all really good. Seven is the only one that Tyler hasn't topped since then and aged well.
Yep, yup

Looking over Tyler's posts on hypebeast

Its cool to look at how far he's come since 09 lol from being a regular forum goer just throwing his shit out there

and now multi millionaire

Also the transition from Bastard -> Seven is the best thing Tyler's done thus far in his career

overcast

I like She, Yonkers, and Golden the most. Sandwitches on Fallon was indeed amazing. Hype was insane back then. Their fan base is loyal though. Which is a big thing for Tyler, he is just profiting off these kids.

cacophony

i liked Bastard, it was fun & creative but he has made no progression since. seriously, go listen to bastard, he hasnt evolved 1 bit

i just cant vibe with tylers music, even his chill stuff is obnoxious to listen to. I cant imagine any scenario where I feel i would want to bump his music

i need this krit to drop cause with Wolf and Kid Cootie all i got is hate flowing through my veins

DominoKid

Quarter of the way through the year and my favorite album/mixtape is still...

youngscooter.jpg

Immaculate production and Scooter selling them duck tales in style. Still the hardest tape out in the streets. I could never buy Scooter as a solo artist until this.

What's you favorite so far this year?

My first exposure to Tyler was a BNM on Pitchfork for Parade. It was the beginning of me actively seeking out music on the internet; then I introduced it to all my friends and felt like a G.

royalan

I got bitches
you got bitches
tell them bitches come over
If they ratchet
let's get ratchet
pick them up in that rover

I don't know why, but me and my friends are rocking to this. Lil Debbie's flow is awful...SO awful it's...almost good. I played this song for a few friends and we've been quoting it all day.

"I'm leanT out when I'm walkin' out..."

I just realized that Lil Debbie, Brooke Candy, and the white guy with the obnoxious cornrows are all related somehow. What's the story with that crew? Because I'm really kinda feeling them right now...

SadAli

Neo Member
Have been left a bit cold by KRIT's work since K.R.I.T. Wuz Here but interested to see how he approaches this album. Still think I preferred the use of Blake on Worldwide's Too Thoed though.

Cudder

Have been left a bit cold by KRIT's work since K.R.I.T. Wuz Here but interested to see how he approaches this album. Still think I preferred the use of Blake on Worldwide's Too Thoed though.

wow really? you didnt like his other tapes at all?

and the people disregarding this new tape because they didn't like LFTU really shouldn't be. Dude is 3/3 for his mixtapes right now, yall know when Krit has freedom for his beats it makes for an amazing project.

ecurbj

I know I'm going out on a limb here but IDGAF (lol!). But what is LL Cool J's best album? I mean I know he did a little R&B and also some Hip-Hop/Rap albums. But if anyone listened to him. Which albums were his best or if he had any best albums?

codhand

I know I'm going out on a limb here but IDGAF (lol!). But what is LL Cool J's best album? I mean I know he did a little R&B and also some Hip-Hop/Rap albums. But if anyone listened to him. Which albums were his best or if he had any best albums?

14 Shots to the Dome

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Walking With a Panther

SadAli

Neo Member
wow really? you didnt like his other tapes at all?

and the people disregarding this new tape because they didn't like LFTU really shouldn't be. Dude is 3/3 for his mixtapes right now, yall know when Krit has freedom for his beats it makes for an amazing project.

I really liked KRIT Wuz Here but everything since has been diminishing returns for me personally. I find him a much more engaging producer than rapper, he just doesn't get the best out of his own beats and tends to drown them in badly realised hooks till I find it all a bit, for want of a better word, boring.
A lot of friends with similar tastes to mine love him though so I'm always willing to listen to his latest stuff with the hope that I'll get back on board the train.

Jay Sosa

Quarter of the way through the year and my favorite album/mixtape is still...

Immaculate production and Scooter selling them duck tales in style. Still the hardest tape out in the streets. I could never buy Scooter as a solo artist until this.

What's you favorite so far this year?

David Hodges & Apollo Brown - The Lifeboat

Blackace

Actually I messed up... I liked Walking With a Panter but meant Bigger and Deffer was his best work..

I got bitches
you got bitches
tell them bitches come over
If they ratchet
let's get ratchet
pick them up in that rover

I don't know why, but me and my friends are rocking to this. Lil Debbie's flow is awful...SO awful it's...almost good. I played this song for a few friends and we've been quoting it all day.

"I'm leanT out when I'm walkin' out..."

I just realized that Lil Debbie, Brooke Candy, and the white guy with the obnoxious cornrows are all related somehow. What's the story with that crew? Because I'm really kinda feeling them right now...
Check out Riff Raff's youtube and be amazed by his godlike hooks, then listen to Versace Python Freestyle and cry in laughter knowing that it's a gaffer beat being wasted.

Blackace

Check out Riff Raff's youtube and be amazed by his godlike hooks, then listen to Versace Python Freestyle and cry in laughter knowing that it's a gaffer beat being wasted.

Riff Raff has godlike anything? pfft...

Esch

Banned
Riff Raff has godlike anything? pfft...
I think its weird that we reached the irony singularity with Riff Raff and not the Based God, but its entertaining nonetheless to see that you could basically record ducks farting over a hot beat and people would think it was straight

Detox

Spring Breakers was dope but if Riff Raff was in it he would have done a better job. Gucci was himself in the film so he was good too, we might be able to salvage a couple of gifs out of it.

hubes

I really liked KRIT Wuz Here but everything since has been diminishing returns for me personally. I find him a much more engaging producer than rapper, he just doesn't get the best out of his own beats and tends to drown them in badly realised hooks till I find it all a bit, for want of a better word, boring.
A lot of friends with similar tastes to mine love him though so I'm always willing to listen to his latest stuff with the hope that I'll get back on board the train.

its frustrating when krit has weak hooks cause hes shown the potential to have some of the best hooks out there.. moon & stars, down & out, and highs & lows are all smooth as shit. dude just needs more songs titled " ____ & ____"

I sold Mario 3d land and am still on Kid Icarus. That's as far as I got, oh and Crimson Shroud.
lol, I'm actually looking to get Mario 3D land for free due to a promotion Nintendo is doing when you buy Luigi's Mansion or Pokémon Mystery Dungeon before the 30th of this month.

I want that Project x Zone later on, though. It's an RPG with SEGA and Capcom characters.

boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot boyyagot

GUMPSHUN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom