• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

njean777

Is it just me or is hip hop getting a lot more prevalent around the US in general? It seems after ASAP, TDE, and Danny got big that hip hop is a lot more popular then it use to be. Especially with the white crowd (no offense). Then again a lot of the mentioned do not put off that "I don't trust white people attitude".

cdyhybrid

Is it just me or is hip hop getting a lot more prevalent around the US in general? It seems after ASAP, TDE, and Danny got big that hip hop is a lot more popular then it use to be. Especially with the white crowd (no offense). Then again a lot of the mentioned do not put off that "I don't trust white people attitude".

It was big and prevalent long before those guys.

thabiz

white people. i swear.

hip hop was WAY bigger 15-20 years ago. i would say its actually in a decline the last few years.

njean777

Really? I was young in the 90's and rarely ever heard it playing everywhere. Although I have always liked it. Maybe I was just to young to see it or remember it.

PBY

Banned
white people. i swear.

hip hop was WAY bigger 15-20 years ago. i would say its actually in a decline the last few years.

I agree. Shit like Biggie, Pac was huge back then. That kind of music wouldn't do shit now. Hip Hop is def on the decline in the mainstream.

Grzi

You know that feeling when you're listening to an album for the first time and you want to hear every track in order just to see how well it flows, but almost every other track is so dope you just have to repeat it, maybe even a couple of times?

Yeah, that's how I feel about the new K.R.I.T.

Detox

lol at investing that much in entertainment. idiot.
That's what he wants the IRS to think, just a way to avoid tax. Escobar traded eternal youth for a couple of missteps, now he will take his seat as hiphops first billionaire. Nastradamus foretold it.

PBY

Banned
1364876669-h.jpg

https://www.getondown.com/album.php?id=16234

For those who don't want to buy the super-premium pack, the colored vinyl w/ special packaging is available for just the album @ the link.

codhand

paging Phoenix, where does Diddyup fall in your line of reasoning? Kate Upton meets said requirement of liking tha brothas, but falls well short of having a respectable posterior, I would go so far as to say she's noassatallian.

Esch

Banned
That's what he wants the IRS to think, just a way to avoid tax. Escobar traded eternal youth for a couple of missteps, now he will take his seat as hiphops first billionaire. Nastradamus foretold it.
he invested 6 figs in a hip hop magazine in 2013. hes gonna be rapping on the street and smacking his chest to make a beat for singles in 10 years

codhand

he invested 6 figs in a hip hop magazine in 2013. hes gonna be rapping on the street and smacking his chest to make a beat for singles in 10 years

i didnt know mass appeal was still around, i used to read that and Urb back in the late 90's, in fact if Urb is still around, that would be a better investment, as it covered more genres than rap...

ecurbj

Omg. This KRIT tape...Jesus, Mary and Joseph! DOPE, DOPE, DOPE! Every single damn track so far! That snippet with Future is too short, lol.

T Dollarz

Laptop has been out of commission since Saturday, had to order a new charger online. Should get here in the next couple of days. But goddammit, I know that I'm missing so much new shit this week lol

hubes

Made In America 2013 festival lineup:
2 Chainz
Kendrick Lamar
Ab-Soul
Jay Rock
ScHoolBoy Q
Wiz Khalifa
A$AP Rocky
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Public Enemy
Beyonce
Solange
Miguel
Phoenix
nine inch nails
Aluna George
GTA
3LAU
Porter Robinson
TJR
Deadmau5
Queens of the Stone Age
Fitz & The Tantrums
Nero
Redlight
Rudimental
Walk The Moon
Gaslight Anthem
Haim
Wolfgang Gartner
Calvin Harris
Jesse Rose

cant wait for this. unfortunately missed it last year, but i'm not missing black hippy this year.

ecurbj

Finished Big KRIT. I highly recommend anyone to download it. I loved this. I can't even explain in a review because this score will do justice. 10/10? Yup. Now to repeat it again.

It's weird though, every time KRIT drops a mix tape, it's always 3 songs on it that relate to my real life situations that I'm dealing with at the exact time, Meditate & Bigger Picture fits perfectly.

And Multi Til The Sun Die almost had me in tears, lol.

PBY

Banned
cant wait for this. unfortunately missed it last year, but i'm not missing black hippy this year.

Theyre not that great live...

TBH Out of that lineup, I'd prob hit Wiz/2 Chainz, maybe Ab since I've never seen him, and then the rock/EDM acts.

codhand

KRIT best producer in the game atm. There's not even a contest; the dude just keeps on giving.

i love that he produces his own shit, but theres def a lot of musicians helping with basslines, riffs, horns etc. totally not hating, but it's different than say roc marciano making his own beats where it sounds like he went dolo.

A 10/10.. Wat.

Downloading it right now.

The best I've heard from him. The 9th Wonder song is good but really doesnt fit.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Travis Scott XXL Freshmen freestyle.

Jay to sell stake in Nets to avoid conflict of interest with Roc Nation Sports.

Nas makes six figure investment in Mass Appeal Media. Welp, guess we're going to get a lot of struggle and poverty raps from Nas soon!

Made In America 2013 festival lineup:
2 Chainz
Kendrick Lamar
Ab-Soul
Jay Rock
ScHoolBoy Q
Wiz Khalifa
A$AP Rocky
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Public Enemy
Beyonce
Solange
Miguel
Phoenix
nine inch nails
Aluna George
GTA
3LAU
Porter Robinson
TJR
Deadmau5
Queens of the Stone Age
Fitz & The Tantrums
Nero
Redlight
Rudimental
Walk The Moon
Gaslight Anthem
Haim
Wolfgang Gartner
Calvin Harris
Jesse Rose

Bunch of scrubs and Macklemore. Meh

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just finished listening to that Combat Jack. Damn that was intense between the two.

A lot of it was bickering over small shit though, but lol @ Dame falling back on nearly everything he said.

paging Phoenix, where does Diddyup fall in your line of reasoning? Kate Upton meets said requirement of liking tha brothas, but falls well short of having a respectable posterior, I would go so far as to say she's noassatallian.

First off while I fully endorse interracial relations, I can't condone Diddy being with Kate. It burns my soul slow that he's still breathing while 2pac is dead.

In terms of Kate's Hank Hill butt...hm. Let me put it to you like this. Let's say you went on a date with a pretty girl. She was articulate, she drove you to Olive Garden in a nice car, she laughed at your jokes and you laughed at hers, she told you she likes hip hop but is also a Radiohead fan, she drove you back to your place for drinks, things got hot, you moved into the bed room, she took off her clothes, you saw those amazing breasts and that tight ass, and then she puts one leg on the bed...and you realize she has an oversized clit.

But she's standing there naked blushing, and you know what? She still looks good, and you still had a great night. That's how I feel about Kate's ass. It's far from perfect but literally everything else about her is perfect, so why should I stress over one thing being wrong.

DominoKid

First off while I fully endorse interracial relations, I can't condone Diddy being with Kate. It burns my soul slow that he's still breathing while 2pac is dead.

In terms of Kate's Hank Hill butt...hm. Let me put it to you like this. Let's say you went on a date with a pretty girl. She was articulate, she drove you to Olive Garden in a nice car, she laughed at your jokes and you laughed at hers, she told you she likes hip hop but is also a Radiohead fan, she drove you back to your place for drinks, things got hot, you moved into the bed room, she took off her clothes, you saw those amazing breasts and that tight ass, and then she puts one leg on the bed...and you realize she has an oversized clit.

But she's standing there naked blushing, and you know what? She still looks good, and you still had a great night. That's how I feel about Kate's ass. It's far from perfect but literally everything else about her is perfect, so why should I stress over one thing being wrong.

exactly.

codhand

there were no sampling issues for that song with future.

phoenix i love your everyman, who just wants a good meal at olive garden and nice big on which to lay his game down

CRS

Yo Only One is dooooooooooooooope.

Wiz brings it too.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit. Banana Clip Theory.

I have the sudden urge for a cigarette and I don't even smoke.

Also,

What's a Radiohead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom