• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

damn ye shitting on jimmy kimmel

https://twitter.com/kanyewest

KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 6m
JIMMY KIMMEL PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES … OH NO THAT MEANS YOU WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TOO MUCH GOOD PUSSY IN YOUR LIFE…

i9PEhcjHXzQZF.gif

Yeezus mad lmao.

Macca

Q needs more prevalent marketing just because of how less interconnected he is, and obviously because he's following up a juggernaut in the game so you do have to make those constant associations. I can't even tell you what Aftermath did for Kendrick, did they even do anything? I don't think they tried.
Radio interviews, getting Kendricks name out there, single selection, videos, dre cosigns. EVERYONE knew Kendrick was coming out. People knew he was the next big west coast thing.

That shit doesn't just happen by itself.

EDIT: This new Meek aint bad. Different sound, kinda nice.

IrishNinja

wow, this is so out of character for a dude that's crashed award shows in several continents like he's playing a game of diva RISK tho

HiResDes

Anyway here's my writeup of the amazing Danny/Action concert in Bloomington Indiana:

First of all I have to say the drive was kinda scary at points, super windy hills, and complete isolation right up until you get into a nice little dope college town with a bunch of buildings that looked as if they were merely renovated versions of their late 19th century counterparts.

The Bluebird, where the concert is held, seems like it has a bunch of history. Right from the start I'm really feeling the vibes. There are like two or three bar sections, with all of these little knooks with seating for chilling and the concert stage is overlooked by two patio like balconies for people that want to see everything without getting in on the action. The actual room where the concert stage is kind of like an enormous basement, super comfy, and you can tell blowing herb is not going to be a problem right from the start. The women in Bloomington are way doper than I expected. so many tan, exotic looking chicks with boots and incredible asses. They are all super friendly too, I just looked kind of haggard as I have this huge hobo beard, and a weird fro thing, and I was tired from driving 3 hours after working 10 hours. I'm pretty much the only black guy there, but every seems super hyped and I struggled to get the equivalent of 3rd row stage-right.

Anyway, the DJ right before Action is playing all of these dope 80s joints including stuff like the infamous Whitney joint "I wanna dance with somebody" and "Blinded by the Light," and Action comes out after the Whitney joint and starts singing...The crowd goes wild and you can tell good times are about to be had. Action goes through a bunch of old and new joints including his guest spot on 1 Train, ganja is being lit up, and he's pretty much slaying every verse so nonchalantly all while having time to check out a pair of honeys in the front row and sending a guy to timeout. By all means it was pretty much the best set he could have possibly done with his material, and I was super hyped on it...

But then Skywlkr comes out and amps the crowd up to like a fucking super saiyan level. He plays the most hype mix right before Danny including shit like Shabba Ranks, Work Remix, Hannah Montana, Waka joints, and a dope ass Karate Chop remix. People are going nuts, even the tiny white girls beside me could not give a fuck less. Danny comes out and immediately goes into the Black Brad Pitt I believe and people got so hyped including me that I don't even have a proper adjective to describe it. Like I've been to many punk and deathrock shows and that shit cannot even compare. Death Grips was up there, but it didn't feel quite as fun as this particular brand of hypeness. He then goes on to play pretty much everything you'd ever want to hear including Blueberry Pills, Dope Song, Wit It, Lie4, Die Like a Rockstar, Blunt After Blunt, Dip, Kush Coma. It was awe-inspiring, Dip sounded so much better live, and someone passing Danny a blunt during Blunt After Blunt made my heart shimmer. Danny was cool as fuck giving everyone daps, and never letting up matching everyone's hype level and then some. It was the 2nd best concert performance I've ever seen, with only a front-row Swans concert in a former cathedral being better.

If you have the opportunity to go see Danny and you don't you might as well just hang up your partying days right now. If I would have died that night it would have been okay. When it was over I felt as if I had been doing lines right off of the Virgin Mary's tits all night. I drove 3 hours, lost my grandpa's ipod, and slept in my car that night and it was still the best decision I've made in months...Although, if I had been on my A-game I could have chilled with one of the seemingly handcuffed honeys I was talking to at a bar later night.

Makes me pissed that they started trickling people in during Danny's set at the Asap Rocky concert. Missed 80 percent of it. I'm still mad about that.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
For real tho, Kimmel publicly can attest to some Silverman pussy. That's about all tho.

But then Skywlkr comes out and amps the crowd up to like a fucking super saiyan level. He plays the most hype mix right before Danny including shit like Shabba Ranks, Work Remix, Hannah Montana, Waka joints, and a dope ass Karate Chop remix. People are going nuts, even the tiny white girls beside me could not give a fuck less. Danny comes out and immediately goes into the Black Brad Pitt I believe and people got so hyped including me that I don't even have a proper adjective to describe it. Like I've been too many punk and deathrock shows and that shit cannot even compare. Death Grips was up there, but it didn't feel quite as fun as this particular brand of hypeness. He then goes on to play pretty much everything you'd ever want to hear including Blueberry Pills, Dope Song, Wit It, Lie4, Die Like a Rockstar, Blunt After Blunt, Dip, Kush Coma. It was awe-inspiring, Dip sounded so much better live, and someone passing Danny a blunt during Blunt After Blunt made my heart shimmer. Danny was cool as fuck giving everyone daps, and never letting up matching everyone's hype level and then some. It was the 2nd best concert performance I've ever seen, with only a front-row Swans concert in a former cathedral being better.

If you have the opportunity to go see Danny and you don't you might as well just hang up your partying days right now. If I would have died that night it would have been okay. When it was over I felt as if I had been doing lines right off of the Virgin Mary's tits all night. I drove 3 hours, lost my grandpa's ipod, and slept in my car that night and it was still the best decision I've made in months...Although, if I had been on my A-game I could have chilled with one of the seemingly handcuffed honeys I was talking to at a bar later night.

Yup, just him and his DJ is all he needs to put on a good show

Esch

Banned
Sarah Silverman is paper bag tier, but still probably better wifey material than Kim K.

Yeah right... you better look like Shah Rukh Khan saying some shyt like that. She looks pretty damn right when she cleans up, she was sexy in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom