• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit hahaha. That's gold. Go for it for sure. Worth it.

Good god guys this first half of Old is incredible. Dope Fiend Rental and Torture... everything so far.

I know, hah. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it. (I also sorta wanted to take it.)

I'm on the a-trak song for OLD and christ. this album

Esch

Banned
hey, you guys looking for a way to stream the album from Spotify in 256k should check the Facebook group. Good set of instructions in there as to how to get that working.

8Vd2G.png

Glad to see Old is living up to GAF expectations would of been a meltdown if this didn't turn out well this album has been hyped ever since I've been on GAF.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Glad to see Old is living up to GAF expectations would of been a meltdown if this didn't turn out well this album has been hyped ever since I've been on GAF.
Nah, there would never have been a meltdown for Danny. GAF-Hop favours the confirmation bias approach.

Looking forward to hearing the Q and Purity Ring tracks, but I think imma wait for decent quality while I'm still sitting on like 2 other albums to properly digest.

HiiiLife

I can already see my top 5 albums for this year. But some of them may be due to bias. *cough* Em's and Earl's *cough*. Fuck it doe. Old is in that list.

Nah, there would never have been a meltdown for Danny. GAF-Hop favours the confirmation bias approach.

Looking forward to hearing the Q and Purity Ring tracks, but I think imma wait for decent quality while I'm still sitting on like 2 other albums to properly digest.

Yeah waiting for a decent quality before I listen to it as well.

Esch

Banned
whats the point of having a meltdown over something being trash anyway. If someone puts out a shittastic album, then slam them for it or throw them in the trash and keep it moving. Unless you're CRS, then you continually listen to the artist's new shit and pine over the old days.

guy is posting 320 links to songs on what.cd forums. Only a matter of time until those get the seal of certification and HQ versions are out there.

also: buy this album

HiiiLife

On Handstand and havent found a noticeable decline in quality. This is the type of album I could just play in the background, not worrying about skipping a track.

whats the point of having a meltdown over something being trash anyway. If someone puts out a shittastic album, then slam them for it or throw them in the trash and keep it moving. Unless you're CRS, then you continually listen to the artist's new shit and pine over the old days.
Or moooose.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Another thing KTT is good for is monitoring the quality of leaks while they happen. That place moves like a chat more than a forum too.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
In clubs in Japan? Congrats breh. Is this before or after they get hype for Chingy lmao

In America, Kendrick has the most quoted line by far. Which makes it the most quoted line. It's even a meme now.

Well you do know I am basically on all the bases spinning too?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Slaughterhouse have dropped 2 great albums and every one of them can rap.

Just Blaze execcing the next one, no doubt it will deliver too.
I wouldn't say great, but the second one was definitely decent.

There is generally a dissonance here between the reputation/stigma they have as rappity rappers and the actuality. The second album shuts down a lot of those stigmas that are perpetuated. It's GAFers trying hard to find additionally reasons to hate dudes that aren't their forte.

Esch

Banned
Well you do know I am basically on all the bases spinning too?

That's pretty dope. So do they have like, Army parties or something?
I wouldn't say great, but the second one was definitely decent.

There is generally a dissonance here between the reputation/stigma they have as rappity rappers and the actuality. The second album shuts down a lot of those stigmas that are perpetuated. It's GAFers trying hard to find additionally reasons to hate dudes that aren't their forte.

I cant front, I didnt listen to the second. But the first was pretty boring.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I cant front, I didnt listen to the second. But the first was pretty boring.
Like, if you don't like any of their styles, I don't think you'll ever like them. But when it comes to actually writing a song rather than just piecing together hard verses, there's definitely a lot of progress since the first (and conversely, a lot of progress still to be done if they're just sending in verses to a producer still).

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
That's pretty dope. So do they have like, Army parties or something?

Well there are like parties targeting black or hip-hop military.. and then there are clubs near the bases.

If I wasn't dealing with Americans like I am, I wouldn't need to stay as sharp as I do on the new new shit..

Like, if you don't like any of their styles, I don't think you'll ever like them. But when it comes to actually writing a song rather than just piecing together hard verses, there's definitely a lot of progress since the first (and conversely, a lot of progress still to be done if they're just sending in verses to a producer still).

Didn't Just say in an interview or something that they were all in the studio for this new record? And not just sending verses like the last two?

With groups you need them in the studio. This new Wu record is gonna suck if they do the same thing and just email verses around. Same applies.

I was a big Royce stan when Slaughterhouse just started so I thought the first one was decent, but I didn't like Em's grubby hands all over the second so I just avoided it. However since Just has his hands on the new one, I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom