• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

XBP

BnV-8zkCEAACU-i.jpg

~130kbps bit rate? Damn. Does anyone know if we'll get a better quality release?

codhand

Have to disagree with this. WMWSO was a very solid album.

Album is really long and has lots of duds. "Very solid" must mean 7/10. I can accept the idea he had a good album last year. That's the best thing he's done.

His verse on Pinata has him on time-out for the remainder of 2014.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Delusional Thomas is the best thing he's done afaic. Watching Movies was pretty decent too. I'll give the tape a listen. I can def understandly not liking him as an MC but he's a talented producer fosho.

Detox

01 We All (Alchemist Remix)
02 Da Enemy (Bink Remix)
03 All Love (Apollo Brown Remix)
04 Thick Lord (Lord Finesse Remix)
05 Best Behavior (Showbiz Remix #1)
06 Diggin In The Crates (DJ Premier Remix)
07 Casualties Of A Dice Game (Buckwild Remix)
08 Time To Get The Money (9th Wonder Remix)
09 Internationally Known (Diamond D Remix)
10 Way Of Life (Marco Polo Remix)
11 Drop It Heavy (Buckwild Remix)
12 Foundation (OGee Remix)
13 Best Behavior (Showbiz Remix #2)
14 Casualties of a Dice Game (9th Wonder Remix)

big ander

I came around on Mac's piñata verse; I don't think the verse itself is bad (or good) it's just mind-boggling that it closes out the album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Black Hystori Project is still by far the best thing I've listened to this year.

It could really use a higher quality release, that production deserves it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Why do people do this? It's not 2003 brehgs. Give us at least 256 ffs

probably upload limits on hosting sites. can't go past 100mb on a free account or some shit.

or the samples are shoddy themselves, can't turn a turd into gold.

CRS

probably upload limits on hosting sites. can't go past 100mb on a free account or some shit.

So reduce the quality of the whole tape? I can't see that.

And they used Amazon's S3 service so I doubt it was any upload limit unless Amazon is stingy with their plans and Miller didn't feel like paying extra. But that also doesn't make sense since they went a little further with the oldjewish website for a mixtape.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
depends on the number of samples being used, but transcoding a 128kbp sample to even 256 will result in brickwalling the sample and killing the sound on most of it.

no matter what, in this day and age of extremely easy access to various qualities of music, finding proper quality samples or generating at bare minimum 256kbp music is easier than snapping your fingers.

this low quality shit is just laziness.

XBP

Wanted this to come out much earlier but i guess mothers day is the perfect time for it. Love the song and a great video to match it.

They could have just converted the release into a torrent and let everyone share it among themselves if hosting limit or money to host the files was an issue. Pretty much solves both problems.

Esch

Banned
Siding with the flabbynsick crew on this one. Dude's horrible. Decent beat selection though, he knows how to put together cohesive projects.

HiResDes

Mac is a lot better you can tell his pen skills have the potential to be up there with cats like Earl, Vince, and Chester Watson I just don't think he's really found his own niche yet. Mac definitely has talent though, some of those internal rhyme schemes and slick non-sequitors are impressive

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I didn't have a problem with Mac's raps on WMWTSO. Really sublime flows at times, some great imagery and delivery, it was solid. He knows what kind of raps to treat beats with, which you don't see on most MCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom