• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thank god Cat Daddy & the Jerk weren't a thing at my high school.

Then again, the high school I went to was like 90% white people, with a good chunk of skaters (or whatever the modern equivalent is of a skater).

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Then again, the high school I went to was like 90% white people, with a good chunk of skaters (or whatever the modern equivalent is of a skater).

Fuckboiz.

Tokubetsu

G-Unit was pretty big too. Remembering altercations now that started because someone scuffed someone else's white g-units shoes. Which was funny to me because they're basically just AF1s but with g-unit on the side.

Hyphy was crazy popular when I was in school unfortunately. Keak Da Sneak, The Team, Messy Marv, Mistah Fab, etc.

Yup huge white tees and nikes breh. I remember so many people dressing like Mac Dre including myself and all the other bay cats at my school. Shit was so lame lol. This around my freshman year of highschool back in 05.

DominoKid

Then again, the high school I went to was like 90% white people
, with a good chunk of skaters (or whatever the modern equivalent is of a skater).

that's my idea of hell. i wouldnt trade the fuckery of a diverse high school for anything in the world.

G-Unit was pretty big too. Remembering altercations now that started because someone scuffed someone else's white g-units shoes. Which was funny to me because they're basically just AF1s but with g-unit on the side.

I was in high school during gunit/the game gunot (Lmao so cheesy) days

I remember when some dude got a gunot shirt like a year after the diss got old...haha

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
that's my idea of hell. i wouldnt trade the fuckery of a diverse high school for anything in the world.
Yeah, sometimes I miss not going to some of the other schools in my area, but they're conversely 90% brown people so yeah. The people themselves were diverse enough though, having an arts program attracts some strong personalities. I can only recall like 4 or 5 black people in my entire grade though. Couple more if you count west indians.

I was in high school during the peak of Crank That's popularity. They played that shit at football pep rallies, every dance, you name it. It was hell.

Tokubetsu

Downed many a coronas and lost quite a few beer pong games to "What u gon do" and "Push that Nigga, Push that Hoe." Shoutouts to Lil Jon & the eastside boyz

Fjordson

I was in high school during the peak of Crank That's popularity. They played that shit at football pep rallies, every dance, you name it. It was hell.
Lmao, same here. Came right at the end of my high school days.

I also remember senior year when Kanye and 50 made that album sales bet for Graduation and whatever 50's record was then. Whoever did less the first week would quit rap or some dumb shit :lol remember Kanye winning with like 800k or something.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lmao, same here. Came right at the end of my high school days.

I also remember senior year when Kanye and 50 made that album sales bet for Graduation and whatever 50's record was then. Whoever did less the first week would quit rap or some dumb shit :lol remember Kanye winning with like 800k or something.
Lol I don't even remember how, but the Kanye/50 fake "beef" came up in geography class (I think this was grade 10?) and I checked some girl who thought it was real instead of co-promo.

overcast

Yeah, I remember talking about that in freshmen year. My friend and I were also saying how we were going to go see the Glow In The Dark Tour. Never happened.

DominoKid

migos are flowing their asses off on this tape. i wonder how many takes they have to do to get a verse down.

kinda wish they had a guest on All Good.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Flowing is about the last word I think of with Migos. Sputtering, babbling, choking, stumbling. Those are far more apt.

Graduated high school at the peak of Aftermath. Chronic 2001 dropped my senior year. Everyone was either in love with or hating the shit out of eminem.

Vorheez

I've said it before, but when I was younger I went through a death metal/goregrind phase and became detached from rap for a while. During this phase The Game came to town for a concert and I decided to go because I live in the boonies and we don't get shit for concerts here. I hadn't heard any of Games shit since The Documentary and hadn't kept up on recent beefs. So... I dug through my closet, grabbed an old g-unit hoodie I had, and went to the show.

Well, to my surprise, there was g-unot clothing all over that motherfucker. I was getting the nastiest stares with people mean muggin me like crazy. I began to put two and two together and realized that 50 and Game probably weren't cool anymore haha. Sure enough, Game gets on stage and starts his show with "fuck g-unit,fuck 50" and finished with this dime... "if you fuck with G-unit, get the fuck outta here!"

Needless to say, I hid in the back for the rest of the show

I've said it before, but when I was younger I went through a death metal/goregrind phase and became detached from rap for a while. During this phase The Game came to town for a concert and I decided to go because I live in the boonies and we don't get shit for concerts here. I hadn't heard any of Games shit since The Documentary and hadn't kept up on recent beefs. So... I dug through my closet, grabbed an old g-unit hoodie I had, and went to the show.

Well, to my surprise, there was g-unot clothing all over that motherfucker. I was getting the nastiest stares with people mean muggin me like crazy. I began to put two and two together and realized that 50 and Game probably weren't cool anymore haha. Sure enough, Game gets on stage and starts his show with "fuck g-unit,fuck 50" and finished with this dime... "if you fuck with G-unit, get the fuck outta here!"

Needless to say, I hid in the back for the rest of the show

hah that's pretty awkward.

anyways rich nigga timeline
BMref3C.gif

they on a beast-flow right now.

Trey

So I randomly put on Undun and was wondering how the latest Roots album ended up.
"...And then you shoot your cousin", anyone listen?

I liked it. It's...plucky. Nothing amazing but the production is crisp and phonte doesn't bore me to tears, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom