• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Sounds fucking dope.
Yeah.

Fed him a dick maybe
mjlol.png
Dead.

What wins most unnecessary feature of the year? Not to be confused with worst. Who needed that Q verse on 2 On?

DominoKid

Migos, Better than the Beatles (Fader Cover Story)

Migos started to make big moves while Offset was away. The first was signing with Quality Control Music, an independent label co-founded by Pierre "Pee" Thomas and Kevin "Coach K" Lee, an Atlanta powerbroker who had previously made stars out of Young Jeezy and Gucci Mane. It was Coach K who brought about Migos' other big move: going into business with another label, New York's 300 Entertainment. 300 was started in 2013 by former Warner Music Group CEO Lyor Cohen, one of the industry's most influential executives, and two of his longtime associates, Todd Moscowitz and Kevin Liles. Called the "Moneyball" of record labels in a Forbes article about its launch, they received $5 million in investment capital from Google and landed a data-sharing agreement with Twitter. In late March of 2014, less than a year after the release of "Versace," Quality Control signed a deal that put 300 in charge of promoting and distributing Migos' music.

Migos has been running on rocket fuel ever since. In 2014, they scored two more Hot 100 singles, the rambunctious "Fight Night" and the pouty but pretty "Handsome and Wealthy." Like "Versace" before them, both of these ultra-hooky, buoyant radio hits originated on a free mixtape released months earlier—in this case, No Label 2—a feat that was once practically unheard-of. With 300's help, both songs charted higher than "Versace" ever did, and on the strength of those successes, the group now performs between two and four times a week, earning a fee of $40,000 per show. In February, they're scheduled to release their debut album; according to Coach K, 300 will collect roughly 30 percent of the royalties in exchange for their services, and Migos and Quality Control will keep the rest while retaining full ownership of the masters.

wonder if that's the same setup Young Thug has w/ 300.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dead.

What wins most unnecessary feature of the year? Not to be confused with worst. Who needed that Q verse on 2 On?
I think the Q verse is pretty well placed to add variety to the song. It's not a great verse, but it has it's purpose.

Most unnecessary feature is probably Birdman on the entirety of Rich Gang, maybe Rocky on Crib In My Closet (sucks all the energy out of the song).

DominoKid

I think the Q verse is pretty well placed to add variety to the song. It's not a great verse, but it has it's purpose.

Most unnecessary feature is probably Birdman on the entirety of Rich Gang, maybe Rocky on Crib In My Closet (sucks all the energy out of the song).

nah those Rich Gang adlibs in the background are clutch.

That ex cheerleader thread brehs. Already 5 bans in. I'm starting to think people make those threads with the sole purpose of getting as many bans in as possible.

Courage

"Good Kid Mad City is the most impactful album of the past decade" (c) Rosenberg

Rosenberg comes across as the Skip Baseless of hip-hop to the extent that he has his guys that are a part of his good hip-hop narrative.

He's an idiot. A decently educated hip hop head knows it's either Flockaveli or 808s & Heartbreak.

"Good Kid Mad City is the most impactful album of the past decade" (c) Rosenberg

Rosenberg comes across as the Skip Baseless of hip-hop to the extent that he has his guys that are a part of his good hip-hop narrative.

I don't really mind Charlamagne and Ebro compared to Rosenberg...like at least they're playing a character and are just messing around. Rosenberg is like the resident cheerleader.

The only time I really liked him on a show was when Kevin Hart was clowning on him.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
A 6 minute migos song lies somewhere between 'someone stepping on my dick with cleats on' and 'farting blood 5 times an hour' on the list of things I would want to experience.

Tokubetsu

A 6 minute migos song lies somewhere between 'someone stepping on my dick with cleats on' and 'farting blood 5 times an hour' on the list of things I would want to experience.

better to have migos rhyming spatula with bachelor for six minutes than suffer kendrick lamar for 12 minutes on how life is really real.

IrishNinja

He's an idiot. A decently educated hip hop head knows it's either Flockaveli or 808s & Heartbreak.

correct answer is Who is Mike Jones? but thanks for comin out all the same

better to have migos rhyming spatula with bachelor for six minutes than suffer kendrick lamar for 12 minutes on how life is really real.

or we could pass on both and do something interesting, like slamming doors on our dicks

overcast

We had a jerkin dance thing in my high school as well, but I graduated in 2011 lol
We had a jerkin thing closer to the start of my HS life (graduated 2011 as well).

Freshmen Year: Soulja Boy
Sophomore Year: Jerkin

Senior Year: Cat Daddy

I don't remember other dances.

Tokubetsu

Most of high school for me was peak crunk/lil jon era and around when I graduated was when Lil Wayne was in the middle of his uncontested phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom