• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sisqo - Last Dragon

on last dragon, sisqo does his best to reclaim some relevancy, yet the ways in which he attempts to accomplish this also force him further away from pop culture's collective conscious. after a triumphant (re)introduction, the album does it's best to date itself, with waka flocka features, exorbitant use of autotune, lex luger rises, direct references to soulja boy, and even a dru hill reunion. And with little to no promotion and marketing, you have to wonder why sisqo chose to release this selection of tracks now -- it would appear that the "dragon" simply made the safest, most accessible album he could to see if any stick in a last ditch effort to cash-in. and last dragon certainly ticks all the boxes (none of which would seem out of place on the likes of t-pain's revolveR.): radio-ready rip-off of chris brown's "loyal"? check. certified club banger? check. poppy dance track? check. motown sound? check. 90s r&b slow jam? check. ballad that attempts to out-k-ci-&-jojo k-ci & jojo? check. last dragon seems like a blatant exploitation of the trends-of-the-moment, but fails to really hit the mark on any of them.

3/10 (esch scale)

Esch

Banned

207.gif

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Gotta assert your dominance or else they'll actually start to care about these fucked up deals they keep signing. Lil Wayne got dominated at a real young age.

Terrace Martin says studio work on Kendrick's album will be completed today.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/microphone...=nprmusic&utm_term=music&utm_content=20150211

22:30 mark, but the entire thing is a dope interview.

also they created the Untitled song in one day - the day before the Colbert Report taping.
MARTIN: Oh, the song. The song. We made — that song, we came with that the day before at rehearsal. Cause we didn't want to do nothing that's already been done. He didn't want to do "i." Let's just, you know, fly out, New York. Let's rehearse in New York and get that energy and do something a little different.

KELLEY: So you wrote it the day before you performed it. Is that what you're saying?

MARTIN: Yeah, yeah.

KELLEY: I just need to sit with that for a second.

damn. And then he says him and Thundercat forgot the arrangement while filming and just freestyled it, and Kendrick went along with it.

injurai

Banned
You guys got me watching all those noisey videos. Working through Chiraq right now. Completely didn't realize it was about chicago, missed the play on words completely.

overcast

Terrace Martin says studio work on Kendrick's album will be completed today.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/microphone...=nprmusic&utm_term=music&utm_content=20150211
also they created the Untitled song in one day - the day before the Colbert Report taping.

damn. And then he says him and Thundercat forgot the arrangement while filming and just freestyled it, and Kendrick went along with it.
That's dope as hell. I'll check this out later.

We're still gonna be waiting 6 months :[

IrishNinja

everytime

has courage replaced jitters?

i dunno fam, there's only room in my heart for one jitters

courage is the caciest cac that ever caced

wait wait where does that leave my boy with the DOOMtree fetish

no i'm with you, the cover and name are legit
IPoXW0F.png
, but the two songs he posted are deec to good

def the j-live especially when you read his description outlining all the awesome producers he used to work with, that wont be on this album

*sigh* saved me a click
cover's a trip but shit used to be hot, it's been a minute though

I.. don't get the fear of a Ye x Swift collabo

how very unexpected

GZA ft. Tom Morello - The Mexican. Won't be on Dark Matter. Kind of rock with this, no pun intended.

Not feeling the GZA track but I'm relieved to hear GZA sounding energized on it.

i'm feelin it, and also yeah, it's been a minute since GZA sounded awake...like, that last Wu album, i know that was the vibe but everyone felt kinda tired, same with Redman on shit last year. energy levels are important.

nude Banks and struggle Sisqo albums

day 11 of Black History Month continues

action bronson about to cancel his subscription

GAF-Hop |OT13| Fucked Birdman for this OT

shut it down, shut down everything

Does Germany have a strong support community for % rap? I've noticed a lot of these underground rappers are currently living in Germany, spent time there, or are part of record label that's based in Germany/Austria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom