• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

not at all a surprise that this is happening, but it is about 8-12 months ahead of when I'd expect a "break the internet" attempt like this. Broke came out 3 months ago.
Terrace Martin says studio work on Kendrick's album will be completed today.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/microphone...=nprmusic&utm_term=music&utm_content=20150211

22:30 mark, but the entire thing is a dope interview.

also they created the Untitled song in one day - the day before the Colbert Report taping.

damn. And then he says him and Thundercat forgot the arrangement while filming and just freestyled it, and Kendrick went along with it.

lmao that's pretty cool.

Courage

not at all a surprise that this is happening, but it is about 8-12 months ahead of when I'd expect a "break the internet" attempt like this. Broke came out 3 months ago.

I'd say she's still riding the controversial popularity wave of her recent Twitter beefs/Hot 97 interview.

IrishNinja

Leave Spindashing, I mean J Live alone.

damnnn..cannot unsee

new Kanye snippet
kN0vCUf.png

phew, wasn't expecting a return to that LR sound tbh

mooooose

Azealia Banks is far more relevant than anyone wants to admit. I think her music is kinda boring and her persona is as grating as anyone else, but I think it's foolish to discredit her. At one point she was considered talented and a lot of people wanted to work with her, and unlike a lot of Vlad TV people, her stupid opinions are usually heard. If it were Angel Haze or some other female MC out of her era, no one would care.

But ya'll don't wanna hear that.

big ander

^Nah I'm not denying that. p4kers and college kids still listened to her album, I think.
I'd say she's still riding the controversial popularity wave of her recent Twitter beefs/Hot 97 interview.
That's it though, feels like attention-seekers like this ride controversies out as long as they can before doing the next "shocking" thing. it was only a month ago that banks was dming descendants of slave-owners demanding money (which, admittedly, pretty funny), she has fires still burning. wait until it's dying down to throw on the gasoline

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rae Sremmurd - Lit Like Bic video. #SremmLife

Young Buck ft. Lloyd Banks, Yo Gotti & Lil Reese - Exclusive. Man, everything I've heard from this new Buck joint sounds awful :(

Audio Push ft. Wale - Quick Fast video.

Vado ft. Chinx - Told Ya. Eh.

Azealia Banks is far more relevant than anyone wants to admit. I think her music is kinda boring and her persona is as grating as anyone else, but I think it's foolish to discredit her. At one point she was considered talented and a lot of people wanted to work with her, and unlike a lot of Vlad TV people, her stupid opinions are usually heard. If it were Angel Haze or some other female MC out of her era, no one would care.

So she's relevant because people used to want to work with her, and she's twitter bubble inflated for a short period of time?

She's having her moment. Like her other moments which quickly deflated. Being the crazy bitch on the corner means yeah, people will listen to her because they can make a headline from the brief period of time she was on the come up, but let's not act like she has any longevity as a shock value act or is close to "relevant."

IrishNinja

...okay mooose, let's say you're right & having a rabid twitter fanbase & not much else prospect wise equals relevancy now

she's posing for playboy. where do you see her going next? BET reality show? she managed to warp/frame her iggy beef into cultural appropriation which became a hot topic until the next one, and no one's trying to hear her bullshit on reparations in 2015. but she gets cats riled up & talked about that day more than some female rappers who barely have a wiki page.

trolling & beefing online are great for a dude who's already cashed out like 50, who's also not a great example of relevancy at the moment. the one thing she had to offer that would've had any longevity was her music, and again the album wasn't bad but she's such a toxic dumpster fire of a human that she looks to have exhausted whatever she hadn't burned down to get it out there. really don't see how this isn't the low point.

Rae Sremmurd - Lit Like Bic video. #SremmLife

Young Buck ft. Lloyd Banks, Yo Gotti & Lil Reese - Exclusive. Man, everything I've heard from this new Buck joint sounds awful :(

Audio Push ft. Wale - Quick Fast video.

Vado ft. Chinx - Told Ya. Eh.

So she's relevant because people used to want to work with her, and she's twitter bubble inflated for a short period of time?

She's having her moment. Like her other moments which quickly deflated. Being the crazy bitch on the corner means yeah, people will listen to her because they can make a headline from the brief period of time she was on the come up, but let's not act like she has any longevity as a shock value act or is close to "relevant."

Da fugg is lloyd banks and buck doing on a garbage beat.

DominoKid

moose she's bound for that vladtv couch in about 18 months.

and then this couch
0Sod9JR.jpg

Yado

...okay mooose, let's say you're right & having a rabid twitter fanbase & not much else prospect wise equals relevancy now

she's posing for playboy. where do you see her going next? BET reality show? she managed to warp/frame her iggy beef into cultural appropriation which became a hot topic until the next one, and no one's trying to hear her bullshit on reparations in 2015. but she gets cats riled up & talked about that day more than some female rappers who barely have a wiki page.

trolling & beefing online are great for a dude who's already cashed out like 50, who's also not a great example of relevancy at the moment. the one thing she had to offer that would've had any longevity was her music, and again the album wasn't bad but she's such a toxic dumpster fire of a human that she looks to have exhausted whatever she hadn't burned down to get it out there. really don't see how this isn't the low point.

I don't think she can blow up or anything (she was never going to), but I can see her continuing to release music and doing her little shows in Europe or whatever.

HiResDes

I think someone posted this, but the new Hucci is pretty fucking ace too, some of the spaciest sounding EDM trap I've heard in a while.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hucci is one of the few notable edm trap producers who managed to outlive the fad and make some genuinely good shit.

HiResDes

For the people that slept on his project and like people like Drake and Mick Jenkins definitely check it out, he just released this video:

Tunji Ige - For Us (Video)

Also this J. Cole looking Hit-Boy signee can actually sing:

Oh and Brick Factory 3 is out if anybody still checks for Gucci

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maybe a different colorway might do it for me, *shrugs*
I think the other colourway is Solar Red (which is dope but on that shoe?...).

I think the design is kind of cool, but the sole and the rim around the sole is too much. It's weird because it's way more prevalent in some pictures than others but it really does look like a big old hoverboat cushion.

EDIT: Also Roc City Classic will be streamed online tomorrow. That means Yeezy.Supply stream at 4PM and concert at 8PM.

EDIT2: Angel Haze - Gxmes. This is alright. Her new stuff songs really different from her old stuff, a lot more singing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom