• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say I really like the ambiance of Wolves and its overall sound more than any of the other leaks, but that's not saying much. There's this slightly haunting howl that resonates in the subtexture of the song that I really enjoy, though I really wish don't think Vic Mensa adds anything of worth whatsoever to the track and I wish there were some actual rapping bits.

I kinda like Vic on it, if it's serving as an intro with nothing but crooning tho, I'd appreciate it being cut down from 5+ minutes.

They look like they're made with real cheap material but they're probably gonna cost like 249.99

350 broke boy.

injurai

Banned
I gotta say I really like the ambiance of Wolves and its overall sound more than any of the other leaks, but that's not saying much. There's this slightly haunting howl that resonates in the subtexture of the song that I really enjoy, though I really wish don't think Vic Mensa adds anything of worth whatsoever to the track and I wish there were some actual rapping bits.

really liking the production on it

but that autotune, yikes

Yeah, in that sense it's kind of like a really good Call of Duty or Uncharted game. first time through you're enjoying the kerrazy setpieces and how that flagpole scarf physics on that one tree is really dope but then you keep playing it and realize that the approach is inherently pretty basic and lazy and you end up trading it in to game stop for 10 dollars.

Hold My Liquor is like the All Ghilled Up of Yeezus.

I don't like this comparison because All Ghilled up is the most overrated level of the last generation while Hold My Liquor is amazing. Also Uncharted 2 is highly replayable because it's a great.

I'm just not feeling any of these comparisons, mang. Pls revise

kN0vCUf.png

sampled has been used to death but this is dope. Spitta in boss mode.
vOONh7v.png

Esch

Banned
I don't like this comparison because All Ghilled up is the most overrated level of the last generation while Hold My Liquor is amazing. Also Uncharted 2 is highly replayable because it's a great.

I'm just not feeling any of these comparisons, mang. Pls revise

All Ghillied Up is a classic, classic FPS level. The atmosphere, the setting, the final blowout, the grim dark Russian stealth, the 50 cal.

It's only overrated cause you read about it a lot on the internet. Shit is front to back flames.

Edit: Also Uncharted is cool and all but replaying those sections where they start throwing high hp armored soldiers your way en masse feels so tedious.

RBK

Banned
All Ghillied Up is a classic, classic FPS level. The atmosphere, the setting, the final blowout, the grim dark Russian stealth, the 50 cal.

It's only overrated cause you read about it a lot on the internet. Shit is front to back flames.

One Shot, One Kill was better.

Edit: Also Uncharted is cool and all but replaying those sections where they start throwing high hp armored soldiers your way en masse feels so tedious.

The level has great atmosphere, but it never worked for me because all you're doing is following orders. DocSeuss over on Gaming side wrote a pretty extensive article on the level for Kotaku last year and how smart it is about when you break scripting, and I disagreed with him as well. It feels like smoke and mirrors with a few, admittedly, smart contingencies in case the player goes off track, but ultimately it's just another CoD level, including infinite spawns at the end. It just happened to be made in 2007 rather than 2012 so everyone still thinks it's amazing. Meh.

Now if the player was giving the orders and controlling the route and pace of the level, All Ghilled Up would be a classic in my eyes.

And I agree that the armored soldiers in UC are terrible, but they're more manageable in UC2 than the other games. The only real annoying enemies are the smurfs in the last few chapters and the final boss.

IrishNinja

shoutouts to Curren$y & that Ka snippet for saving questionable drake/ye releases, that was thoughtful

starting to miss comic book album covers

welcome to my world

this is one of those albums that i thought wasn't bad but don't rank highly, yet would rock the poster all day

see this shit right here, i'd frame

haha i love it, cannot wait

This is my favorite Bronson cover.

Action_Bronson_Rare_Chandeliers.jpg

yeah i like that he's not trying to outdo this either

I really enjoyed Mic Tyson. Nothing special but it's a small list of dudes making boom bap with some bark and bite.

don't recall if i ever said so, but your constant praise got me to finally give it a go a while back - solid album, you know i attend the church of boom bap

love me some Bachalo

preach
was following dude since...X-Nation 2099. i doubt that shit even has a wiki it was so short, haha

nah just enzo's trash ass

#PilotTalk3 - April 4th

yessss on both counts

"i hate curren$y's voice but big sean sounds fine"

qBsuB5s.png

oh god

that Common feature was wack as hell

seriously, i like that we all try to forget that one..literally ruined the track

Big Boi tweeted he was in the studio with Killer Mike and Danger Mouse making new music.

here for this - got like half the dungeon family right there

SGtgl4Z.png

will.i.am and JT... what...

literally no idea what to make of this lineup, but i'm down to see what it creates anyway, even if the pieces don't look like they'd fit...i mean at least fergie aint here

I wish Beck would have handed the grammy over to it's rightful owner and got the fuck off the stage. Who cares if you can play 16 different instruments when your shit sucks.

Odelay was great though fam

I feel like the vast majority of the people defending Beck probably never even purchased a fucking album from him in ages nor even knew he had put something out.

but Odelay tho

Says a Nas stan , who is now Madonna's boy toy.

Amazing

Absolutely sensational.

you gotta wait till he starts recording duets/dropping weak singles with her first fam

no matter how tough it gets my fellow Kanye stans, we'll always have this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=63641876&postcount=18761

z8u5Qvw.gif

worst part was passing up Glamorous as the best track on MBDTF

Wat

I have a handful of albums I'd give 5 mics genuinely to after 2005

let's hear some names fam

yeah, big fan of the series but there's no denying this

Esch

Banned
The level has great atmosphere, but it never worked for me because all you're doing is following orders. DocSeuss over on Gaming side wrote a pretty extensive article on the level for Kotaku last year and how smart it is about when you break scripting, and I disagreed with him as well. It feels like smoke and mirrors with a few, admittedly, smart contingencies in case the player goes off track, but ultimately it's just another CoD level, including infinite spawns at the end. It just happened to be made in 2007 rather than 2012 so everyone still thinks it's amazing. Meh.

Now if the player was giving the orders and controlling the route and pace of the level, All Ghilled Up would be a classic in my eyes.
I mean.... I like all Ghillied Up Specifically BECAUSE it's the pinnacle of 'do exactly what i want' game design. If we're going to acknowledge Call of Duty style level design as a 'style' then All Ghillied Up is the best iteration of that style. It's not the best style, or my favorite, but it is great for what it is, possibly the best version of what it is.

let's hear some names fam
5 mics?

Kendrick - Good Kid Maad City
Curren$y - Pilot Talk, Covert Coup
Ka - The Night's Gambit
Danny Brown - XXX
Blu and Exile - Below the Heavens
Shabazz Palaces - Lese Majesty

just off the top of my head. there are plenty of albums i'd say are just under that cut, just below it, like a 4.75 / 4.5 mic but not quite there. too many to list lol.

IrishNinja

can't argue with that list

man Below the Heavens actually sounds like more than 10 years ago in my mind, that's how far dude's fallen since that shit

I mean.... I like all Ghillied Up Specifically BECAUSE it's the pinnacle of 'do exactly what i want' game design. If we're going to acknowledge Call of Duty style level design as a 'style' then All Ghillied Up is the best iteration of that style. It's not the best style, or my favorite, but it is great for what it is, possibly the best version of what it is.

I get it, and that's valid reasoning. I think I'm just over that kind of game design, or more accurately- I never liked it in the first place because All Ghillied Up wasn't impressive to me beyond the E3 demonstration. I'm much more of a fan of player driven pacing where all the potentially great moments are set up completely by me. Being the 4th guy in an AI controlled squad stacking up to breach a door getting none of the good animations or vantage points isn't appealing, and that's all Call of Duty is.

What I'm saying is Hold My Liquor >>> Call of Duty.

Esch

Banned
TBH Rap Music, Abandoned Language and LiveLoveA$AP would be there too. 5 mics.

So many joints just on the verge for me like Black Up, Travel at Your Own Pace, Clin D'Oeil, Russian Roulette, KRIT Wuz Here, Pilot Talk 2, Cancer 4 Cure, Reloaded, Grief Pedigree, Dour Candy, Section. 80, Oneirology, Fazoland, Flockaveli, Absence, Birth of a TRU Story etc...

but when i get to the brink and i think 5 mics? i'm like
dUlMFSY.png

I get it, and that's completely valid reasoning. I think I'm just over that kind of game design, or more accurately- I never liked it in the first place because All Ghillied Up wasn't impressive to me beyond the E3 demonstration. I'm much more of a fan of player driven pacing where all the potentially great moments are set up completely by me. Being the 4th guy in an AI controlled squad stacking up to breach a door getting none of the good animations or vantage points isn't appealing, and that's all Call of Duty is.

What I'm saying is Hold My Liquor >>> Call of Duty.

It's a lower form of art. But even lower forms of art can have pinnacles yaddadamean

DominoKid

So many joints just on the verge for me like Black Up, Travel at Your Own Pace, Clin D'Oeil, Russian Roulette, KRIT Wuz Here, Pilot Talk 2, Cancer 4 Cure, Reloaded, Grief Pedigree, Dour Candy, Section. 80, Oneirology, Fazoland, Flockaveli, Absence, Birth of a TRU Story etc...

but when i get to the brink and i think 5 mics? i'm like
dUlMFSY.png

bolded the 5 mics. half of them joints wouldn't even get 4.5 tho. add MBDTF and honestly i think that's all i would give in the last 5 years.

IrishNinja

never change, Dom

also RBK list some of the artists on those man

marci - reloaded is a 5 mic album

anything Quelle Chris puts out is a five to me, i hope we get a project from him this year

gonna hit both these up today then, any specific Quelle?

damn, i know you love that Dalek (that's been on a short list of ones i wanna try at home with headphones, and to revisit Deltron since a buddy swears by it when high anyway), but A$AP i wasn't expecting to see that high, maybe i slept

DominoKid

hey 4/5 isn't bad yall.

anyway i hope this Drake tape is like 80% rap tracks. if so then he could sing 80% VFT6 for all i care.

All Your Fault sounds dooope.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LA FLAME OPENING

BLESS UP

EDIT: He needs to stop jumping into the crowd every damn performance, but I really want to see him live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom