• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's an attention whore trying to get his name back on the news and entertainment blogs the next day. that's about it. dude's marketing schtick has become mad transparent now.

Thanks for this and that little non rap-up but still kind of a rap-up list you posted the other day.

DeNiro tape is pretty good, gonna have to sit with it a bit. Not Patriarch or Destiny Altered-tier but it's still pretty decent. But did you hear the new Q song breh? We gonna get a new TDE classic. He's got his nice flow back.

Exodust

Banned
I didn't like My Krazy Life, so I think I'm skipping Still Brazy.

Hopefully the Q album is better than halfway decent. OxyMoron was never that good but some tracks on there already feel dated.

Dereck

This Q snippet though

https://youtu.be/z1aW9IaL3wQ?t=1m4s

2VdV8z1.png

DeNiro tape is pretty good, gonna have to sit with it a bit. Not Patriarch or Destiny Altered-tier but it's still pretty decent. But did you hear the new Q song breh? We gonna get a new TDE classic. He's got his nice flow back.

Yeah, it looks like Q's about come back strong. We'll see. Need another Habits and Contradictions in my life.

Vorheez

I remember how many Metal albums I stumbled upon by just Googling obscure band names thrown around on message boards on MA and the like. Sift through the garbage, but you never know what you find.
Are you also referring to how Des finds his music? He forgets to sift through the garbage though.

Eos

Reasonable Doubt is 20 years old today

What's your guys' favorite track off it
that isnt D'Evils
?

Can I Live
Why I'm watching every nigga watching me closely?
My shit is butter for the bread, they wanna toast me
I keep my head, both of them, where they supposed to be
Hoes'll get you sidetracked, then clapped from close feet

Are you also referring to how Des finds his music? He forgets to sift through the garbage though.

I guess? I don't know, the comment had no context so I thought he was commenting on YG's obscurity being a good metric for being garbage; it's with merit, many obscure groups are obscure because they are shit.

But I've found awesome Funeral Doom Bands by going on MA and using their similar artist feature, so there's that.

Reasonable Doubt is 20 years old today

What's your guys' favorite track off it
that isnt D'Evils
?

D'E....

Oh wait, besides that? Uh.......Politics as Usual.

SPeaking of D'Evils, the first verse is one of my all time favorite verses in Hip Hop.

Koozek

Okay, yeah, new Future is nice. Liking it more and more. Man, a year ago I didn't even "get" Future yet, being puzzled how GAF-Hop was so unanimously loving DS2
STILL IN STORES
, and now my daily on-the-go playlist is 80% Future.

Eos

Okay, yeah, new Future is nice. Liking it more and more. Man, a year ago I didn't even "get" Future yet, being puzzled how GAF-Hop was so unanimously loving DS2
STILL IN STORES
, and now my daily on-the-go playlist is 80% Future.

i used to think ds2 was his best work but after listening to all his tapes again i gotta say monster is by far my favourite. ds2 close second tho.

Jacobi

Banned
Okay, new Future is pretty weak on first. EDIT: To be fair, most of Future's stuff took a few listen for me to warm up to.

On another note, Days Before Rodeo still one of the best tapes of the last years, imo. Flows so well.

https://soundcloud.com/travisscott-2/sets/days-before-rodeo
True. I hope Travis Scott gets back to that form... Been listening to Days before Rodeo like a 1000 times more than to Rodeo lol

i used to think ds2 was his best work but after listening to all his tapes again i gotta say monster is by far my favourite. ds2 close second tho.

my favorite is purple reign

ARK322

Neo Member
I'm really curious as to why people think there's such a disparity in quality between DBR and Rodeo. DBR had Skyfall and Sloppy Toppy and a couple other really good songs, but I'd put tracks like Nightcrawler, Oh My Dis Side, and Ok Alright on that same level.

m3k

now i have to revisit reasonable doubt... lol i have not listened to blueprint apart from a couple of tracks, whoops i cant rank jay z albums

Jacobi

Banned
I'm really curious as to why people think there's such a disparity in quality between DBR and Rodeo. DBR had Skyfall and Sloppy Toppy and a couple other really good songs, but I'd put tracks like Nightcrawler, Oh My Dis Side, and Ok Alright on that same level.
For me 3500, Antidote and Pray4 Love are the only tracks that were memorable on Rodeo

edit: Oh and guys check out the Riff Raff album

FZZ

Banned
This shits on Esco Terrestrial from a great height

GAF-Hop continues to stay dusty

Edit: This shit the fusion-haa of Flocka and Future
7qCiSUb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom