• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TeeCee4800 "Crippin" Feat. Vince Staples & D. Loc

Serena-does-a-little-jig.gif
Seriously, Vince's verse on that is stupid hard. Vince the young GOAT.
Well thank god we have guys like you torre, because who knows what disaster that conversation would have devolved into without you swooping in to save the day

Thank you for your service to us and this thread. We have finally solved the mystery of Andrew's cryptic post.
You're welcome fam.

Vorheez

Hey, I like hard songs as much as anyone, but the beat was not bad but didn't hit hard and aggressive as you claimed it to be.
This is just, like, factually wrong. I'm having a hard time articulating why but like, the song is objectively hard

Can I get some others ears to listen to this shit so I can get some back up, Andrew is killing me out here. Toku where you at give it a listen breh

Koozek

This is just, like, factually wrong. I'm having a hard time articulating why but like, the song is objectively hard

Can I get some others ears to listen to this shit so I can get some back up, Andrew is killing me out here. Toku where you at give it a listen breh
Semi-flaccid.

EDIT: Wasn't dude assumedly signed by Drake during the Meek thing or something?

Bronx-Man

Banned
What are your guy's thought's on Kim by Eminem?
I'm really trying to grow some appreciation of him, and while I can barely listen to/enjoy the song and don't think his prose is much to write home about, the song is actually pretty powerful and hit's me emotionally on a level no other song on MMLP does (besides Drug Ballad which has an amazing first verse in my opinion).

It's kinda like that Xzibit outro off of the Compton album (Or more like that's like Kim).

Edit: Are songs like "Kim" common in Horrocore rap?
Probably Em's worst track, I hate it so much.

Shit sounds something a school shooter would play to hype themselves up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think it was posted already, but I just got around to watching the uncut Hypebeast interview with Kanye West from 2013. This was all for a documentary on Stones Throw, so it's basically just Ye talking about Dilla for 20 minutes. But if you can't watch the whole thing, there's a fantastic tl;dr.

Podcast with Joe Perez. He's a designer that's worked with Ye for like 8 years, and done album covers for quite a few artists. Talks working with Ye on KanyeUniverseCity, Cruel Summer's cover, DONDA, Rocky, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Desiigner on covers, etc.

Vorheez

Torre, we might need your skills of literary analysis to help explain why it seems like Andrew is cool with school shooting hype music

Since when is "school shooter core" not an insult? I feel like if your music is the kind that has that association, that might not necessarily be a good thing.

It kind of gives the song a real danger to it. It would be better off describing it as a song made by a juvenile teenager throwing a tantrum because his mother didn't buy him clothes at the mall.

I find it to be a pretty powerful song, but YMMV.

FZZ

Banned
It kind of gives the song a real danger to it. It would be better off describing it as a song made by a juvenile teenager throwing a tantrum because his mother didn't buy him clothes at the mall.

I find it to be a pretty powerful song, but YMMV.

PD's alt is FANTASTIC

Moonkid

This past week's listens have been Reasonable Doubt and Days Before Rodeo. Took me way too long to listen to the latter especially given how much I like Rodeo (and Sloppy Toppy lol).

FrodoYolo

Banned
Broccoli was school shooting hype music and it went number mother fucking five on the charts...
Because besides that's stupid opening line, it's fucking radddd

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
‪#‎big20years‬

Various_Artists_Notorious_Big_Mixtape_rip_di-front-large.jpg

The only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace.

Also so annoyed west side guns albums got taken off Spotify, so pissed

Also what does everyone think of the roots 'Tipping Point'. Loads of people I know don't like it for being too toned down but I think it's dope

Koozek

The only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace.

Also so annoyed west side guns albums got taken off Spotify, so pissed

Also what does everyone think of the roots 'Tipping Point'. Loads of people I know don't like it for being too toned down but I think it's dope
Loved it as a kid, but yeah, it's not their best album, that's for sure. Guns are drawn is bliss and Stay Cool is nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP9nrCYoOmY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTT1R2WJ6nU

Moonkid

DBR is Travis' best.
Rodeo has the first project-hype factor for me because it's what made me dig him as an artist but I think it'll be pretty close by the time I've settled on DBR.
Damn, a couple of good fucking calls right there.
Travis aside I've been in a real 90s NY rap mood which lead me to Jay Z's album, been listening to a lot of Camp Lo and Digable Planets.

Gambit61

Rodeo has the first project-hype factor for me because it's what made me dig him as an artist but I think it'll be pretty close by the time I've settled on DBR.
Travis aside I've been in a real 90s NY rap mood which lead me to Jay Z's album, been listening to a lot of Camp Lo and Digable Planets.

Uptown Saturday Night and Reachin/Blowout Comb are so good. I've been listening to Eric B and Rakim lately.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Loved it as a kid, but yeah, it's not their best album, that's for sure. Guns are drawn is bliss and Stay Cool is nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP9nrCYoOmY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTT1R2WJ6nU

Not their best i agree, but the first 5 tracks, including stay cool and guns are drawn, are good and 'somebodys gotta do it' (love the hook)

I've never listened to Pain in Full so I think this weekend will be that.

Id also recommend follow the leader. Think im in the minority of people who think its equal to paid in full.

Also listen to 'enta da stage' by black moon if you want some good new york 90's boom bap.

Keith Murray - The Most Beatifullest Thing in this world
Smif N Wessun - Dah Shinin
Mobb Deep - The Infamous

Go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom