• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Your rants don't make coherent sense. I just have my head stuck in the sand when it comes to Nas because I hate him as much as I hate Common

That hurts my soul
Breh have you heard Commons early stuff, one of the best raw flows maybe ever

If this Juelz Santana album somehow turns out to be good it will pretty much make my year.

Koozek

If this Juelz Santana album somehow turns out to be good it will pretty much make my year.
Uh, okay. Didn't know you were a Dipset fan. Curious, has Juelz ever had a good album? Never listened to him like that. Only loosies and features.

Exodust

Banned
Your rants don't make coherent sense. I just have my head stuck in the sand when it comes to Nas because I hate him as much as I hate Common

OK, I have to ask: Outside of not liking their music, why do you hate them?

Like with Nas I get disliking him for some smartdumb shit over the years and the crazier side of his fanbase, but Common? Dude is probably the nicest, most genuine guy in all of hiphop.

"I worship the late prophet, the great Muhammad
[Omar Atta, for his courage behind the wheel of a plane
Reminds me when I was dealin' the 'caine]"

LionPride

Banned
Yes
Okay, one question. Do you think Common's Be isn't good?
I don't like Be

OK, I have to ask: Outside of not liking their music, why do you hate them?

Like with Nas I get disliking him for some smartdumb shit over the years and the crazier side of his fanbase, but Common? Dude is probably the nicest, most genuine guy in all of hiphop.
Common is a nice dude, just don't like his music or acting.

Koozek

I don't like Be
bvzcddi4fpgw.png

bvzcddi4fpgw.png

bvzcddi4fpgw.png
bvzcddi4fpgw.png

I mean, I could kinda understand why you'd find Common's rapping corny or so, but do you at least acknowledge how dope the production is? Some of Kanye's best.

bvzcddi4fpgw.png

bvzcddi4fpgw.png

bvzcddi4fpgw.png
bvzcddi4fpgw.png

I mean, I could kinda understand why you'd find Common's rapping corny or so, but do you at least acknowledge how dope the production is? Some of Kanye's best.
J Dilla has the best beat on the album with It's Your World (also Common is out of this world on the second verse).

HiResDes

Isn't LionPride still only in highschool

y'all are mean af
If you're in high school you're allowed to have strong opinions but you should know some of those opinions probably are haphazardly formed and most likely shit. I'm getting close to thirty and still getting sonned.

LionPride

Banned
bvzcddi4fpgw.png

bvzcddi4fpgw.png

bvzcddi4fpgw.png
bvzcddi4fpgw.png

Oh the production is great, just don't like Common's rapping.

LOL, so true.
I don't haphazardly form my opinions though, I've listened to Tupac, Biggie, Nas, Common, multiple times and realized I don't like them. Each has at least one song or feature I like, but don't like em as a whole

Oh the production is great, just don't like Common's rapping.

I don't haphazardly form my opinions though, I've listened to Tupac, Biggie, Nas, Common, multiple times and realized I don't like them. Each has at least one song or feature I like, but don't like em as a whole
Gah.

LionPride

Banned
So... who do you like?
Kendrick
Kanye
Jay-Z
Mos Def
OutKast
A Tribe Called Quest
Method Man
Redman
Rakim
The Roots
Future
Mick Jenkins
Travis Scott
ScHoolboy
Isaiah Rashad
Chance
Drake
Gucci
Jeezy
Gotti
8Ball & MJG
2 Chainz
Denzel Curry
Migos
6LACK
Ferg
Rocky
.Paak
Beastie Boys
Uzi
Yachty
Thugger
Joey
Talib
Bone Thugs
Gambino
DRAM
FlyLo
Thundercat
Pharell
Frank
Gil Sccott Heron
Ice Cube
Gorillaz
Jazz Cartier

Just to name a few

Holy shit, and here I thought LionPride was going to be king of the trolls.

What a horseshit argument, because a) albums do matter and will always matter and b) Drake isn't the voice of any generation.

rofl what? I opened this thread for the first time in months and im reminded why i dont come here. Drake aint the voice of a generation? 10 years of number 1s put some fucking respect on that name

rofl what? I opened this thread for the first time in months and im reminded why i dont come here. Drake aint the voice of a generation? 10 years of number 1s put some fucking respect on that name
If that were the case, then fucking Hanson, Next, and Cher would be the voice of mine. Drake's not the voice of a generation because his music is as vapid and by-the-numbers as crossover pop can be. I'm not going to deny I enjoy songs like Passionfruit, but there comes a point where I can't enjoy the song anymore largely because its overplayed and there's no real depth to it. Same case with Hotline Bling, Fake Love, Sneakin, and every other hot single Drake's had.

You're wrong to believe popularity instantly means he's the voice of a generation, because if so, Drake's the mouthpiece for a set of vapid, self-absorbed, relationship hunters who get mad when someone doesn't like their Instagram post or reply to them within 10 minutes. Drake. If anybody in the current crop of rappers is the voice of a generation, it'd be someone like Kendrick, someone who's actually created a work that speaks out on several important topics that have been catapulted into the limelight, or maybe Earl Sweatshirt, for talking about depression and what not in a candid way, or whomever. The closest thing Drake's done to doing something worthwhile is posting an Instagram message after the death of Alton Sterling. Drake's a fucking pop-star and he knows it. If popularity is the criterion for being called such, then by god, Mariah Carey is the voice of a generation, and so is Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, the Bee Gees, and more as they regularly get/got Number 1s. Oh, and by the way, Drake's been on the charts for 10 years, and he only has three number one singles, so he doesn't even qualify by your metric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom