• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
some of y'all think xo life is wack because you don't understand it and haven't had to dealt with the theme in the song. xo life is essentially what emo/pop-punk was back in the 2000s, but done a whole lot better. if the song would had come out back when i was in middle school, it would had easily been my anthem
808s & Heartbreaks still Kanye West's best work
i agree with this and support it fully
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy comes close though.
this is a bad opinion and i cannot support it

Tokubetsu

MBDTF easily the best for me. Hope he goes back to that style for his next album. Doubt it though.

his next album gonna sound like whatever travis scott is doing at the time + whatever producers/beatmakers are big in europe at the time with maybe some hot rap person/s at the moment sprinkled on top

destroy all lines of communication with people who have influence over the future of your country and assist in making relations worse brehs
giphy.gif

Dereck

his next album gonna sound like whatever travis scott is doing at the time + whatever producers/beatmakers are big in europe at the time with maybe some hot rap person/s at the moment sprinkled on top
I think he'll release a 30 track album and call it a playlist.

some of y'all think xo life is wack because you don't understand it and haven't had to dealt with the theme in the song. xo life is essentially what emo/pop-punk was back in the 2000s, but done a whole lot better. if the song would had come out back when i was in middle school, it would had easily been my anthem

Yeah, that would be true if those lyrics had been consistent. In the first part of a verse he's talking about his red Phantom and how the inside is white and what not and ends it with talking about blowing his brains out and taking Xanax. Well ok then.

Reminds me a bit of people on YouTube calling Codeine Crazy deep and meaningful, life changing and that haters misunderstand the lyrics. Just no. Besides even if the lyrics had been on point all the way, I just dislike it.

That's too bad. I'd rather hear the Saint Pablo Kanye, the Real Friends, No more parties in LA and 30 Hours Kanye. Those by far are my jams on TLOP. The rest not so much unfortunately.

Icolin

Banned
Not thinking XO Tour Life is the best single of the year?

giphy.gif

It's not even close.

That's too bad. I'd rather hear the Saint Pablo Kanye, the Real Friends, No more parties in LA and 30 Hours Kanye. Those by far are my jams on TLOP. The rest not so much unfortunately.

Safe to say you miss the old and straight from the go Kanye?

Yeah, that would be true if those lyrics had been consistent. In the first part of a verse he's talking about his red Phantom and how the inside is white and what not and ends it with talking about blowing his brains out and taking Xanax. Well ok then.

Reminds me a bit of people on YouTube calling Codeine Crazy deep and meaningful, life changing and that haters misunderstand the lyrics. Just no. Besides even if the lyrics had been on point all the way, I just dislike it.

Real Friends is cheap and Saint Pablo is trash.

Real Friends I can kinda understand but at least it's a track I can listen to off that album. But Saint Pablo trash? Damn.
I'm mostly bitter that Fade isn't the official outro anymore, but also Kanye's rapping just doesn't sound quality to me and his voice is trash, the subject matter is jumbled and the random shots he threw at black people online track confuses me and pisses me off everytime I play it.
30 Hours was the best rappity rap track on the album.

riotous

Banned
I like XO Tour Life mostly because it's catchy and a nice tune; it is really inconsistent but maybe so are Uzi's feelings about his life? It does feel a bit random to brag about his car, about how much of a player he is, then randomly go emo but whatever... don't really give a shit. I don't look for deep meaning in music myself; if a few words about xanny's in a rap song define the pain in your life you probably don't have much pain.

Come on now, everyone knows CD is Kanye's best work by far.

Numb

This is pretty good.

Mine is MBDTF> CD> Yeezus> 808s= Grad> LR> TLOP.

Replace 808 and Yeezus and you got mine.
Let me get on the intro. forgot

1. Pick a Coast to rep (Chiraq/Atlantistan/etc)- East

2. What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Everything. Yes. Even the mumblers

3. Favorite Artists (Pick Five)- Rakim. E-Sir. Rakim. Big L. Rakim

4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five)- Michael Jackson. Prince. Kool and the Gang. TLC.

5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What’s your current hip-hop AOTY? - 2016 A TRIBE CALLED QUEST – WE GOT IT FROM HERE… THANK YOU 4 YOUR SERVICE. So far 2017 is DAMN

6. What are you listening to right now? – XO tour. Everyday

7. What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? - Kpop. No guilt tho but seem like and everyone should listen to

8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums) ATLiens > Aquemini > Stankonia > Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

dont care if they group

GAF-Hop Discusses

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? - Not enough of lil boat

2. Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? - ODB

3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Lil' B or Anyone else (correct answer is Lil' B)? - Nas. Pac and Big is hard

4. What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? - Teenage Emotions

5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated? Andre 3000. Drake(is he even an MC?)

6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? - who let FZZ add a question in here
full

7. Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither? - Both

8. Do you still listen to Eminem? Why? - nah. Don't care for it

9. Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? - eeeh let's say Beyonce so i don't get jumped

10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago... – Put on Tyrese and fam shows up going '' this Fast and furious nigga used to sing?''

2. What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Everything. Yes. Even the mumblers

4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five)- Michael Jackson. Prince. Kool and the Gang. TLC.

5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What’s your current hip-hop AOTY? - 2016 A TRIBE CALLED QUEST – WE GOT IT FROM HERE… THANK YOU 4 YOUR SERVICE. So far 2017 is DAMN

7. What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? - Kpop. No guilt tho but seem like and everyone should listen to

8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums) ATLiens > Aquemini > Stankonia > Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

dont care if they group

GAF-Hop Discusses

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? - Not enough of lil boat

2. Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? - ODB

3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Lil' B or Anyone else (correct answer is Lil' B)? - Nas. Pac and Big is hard

5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated? Andre 3000. Drake(is he even an MC?)

6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? - who let FZZ add a question in here
full

9. Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? - eeeh let's say Beyonce so i don't get jumped

10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago... – Put on Tyrese and fam shows up going '' this Fast and furious nigga used to sing?''

Cool, a Rakim fan.

Koozek

2. What's your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Everything. Yes. Even the mumblers

5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What's your current hip-hop AOTY? - 2016 A TRIBE CALLED QUEST – WE GOT IT FROM HERE... THANK YOU 4 YOUR SERVICE. So far 2017 is DAMN

7. What's something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What's something you haven't listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? - Kpop. No guilt tho but seem like and everyone should listen to

8. Rank a Random Rapper's Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums) ATLiens > Aquemini > Stankonia > Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

dont care if they group

GAF-Hop Discusses

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What's missing from the game? - Not enough of lil boat

2. Who's Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? - ODB

full

9. Who's your favorite pop artist? And who's the finest? - eeeh let's say Beyonce so i don't get jumped

Nice. Always good when someone is open to any sound, from old school to new school.

Koozek

Boat that thing you like ironically but over time turns real.(like that friday song or Ugly God)
Can't handle more tbh especially after hearing a flavor flav and david blaine mention in the first 20 secs

If there was a thing i stan for it'd be that
Why is he so good

giphy.gif
Man, recently I've been starting to feel like wanting to check out Rakim. Was listening to the Combat Jack Show episode with 9th Wonder where they talked about Rakim and how he's a GOAT. I never really listened to that era of Rap.

Right now, I couldn't tell Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G & Co. apart, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom