• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF I need help with solving video and audio syncing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

0OoO0

I have a 5 minutes video that I made of my travels that I wanted to upload and share online. Whenever I upload it to video sharing sites like Vimeo and youtube, the video and audio are out of sync. The audio plays slower than the video for some reason. It plays fine in the original file.

Link to the video: https://vimeo.com/126667971

This video was created using 1 second of video snippets that have been mashed together using the 1 second everyday app. I filmed the video using the ipod touch default camera and another camera app that allowed me to film in higher resolution and fps.

Total length of the video is 5minutes and 9 seconds. However in the video that was uploaded to vimeo it goes on for over an hour. The audio starts to become out of sync around the 6 seconds mark and then it starts getting worse from there. Even when the video is finished at the 5:09, the audio is still running and very out of sync e.g. If you skip to 6:40 you can still hear the audio.

I have done no editing or encoding as I don't have quicktime pro. And I don't really know how to use imovie. So I just uploaded the video I downloaded from the app which I had saved in my ipod touch's camera roll.

I have tried searching for a solution the last 3 days and none are working! Downloaded some encoding programs, watched youtube videos, went on forums...ugh! This is driving me crazy!

I have contacted Vimeo and this is what they said:
It appears that the problem here is that your video file contains “multiple edit list entries,” also known as “soft edits.” What is that, you may ask?

When you edit a video, it seems like you are removing pieces of footage and joining other pieces together. However, with some export settings, the extra footage is not completely removed, but simply hidden. In these cases, the file contains metadata about where the edits should occur, and tells the video player to make these cuts without actually deleting the footage in-between.

Vimeo’s encoder cannot handle these kinds of “soft edits,” and they often result in strange-looking jump cuts and/or out-of-sync audio when processed by our system.

Anyone able to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom