• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Plays: Diablo 2

maharg

idspispopd
Ok, I've got myself a bowazon up to level 19 and I really don't want to do the grinding needed to get her up to a point where she stands a chance against duriel. Anyone interested in giving me a hand with a more tank-like character?

I'll be grinding for a bit in the canyon, game neogaf/neogaf on USEast if someone wants to come along and help.

Raide

Until recently I did not know that you could have a premade lvl 33 character but without gear, just by adding a line to the exe. I really hate the low levels of some builds, so it was awesome to be able to try out some of the better stuff early on.

D2 is one of thte only games that runs well on my poor netbook, so I have been getting back into it since I am miles away from all my normal consoles and main PC. :D

ccbfan

I played last time and I sucked at the game.

No clue what I was doing.

I absolutely rocked at trading though.

Throughout my entire play through (like 2 month). The best thing I got was an um rune. Through 1 week of trading. I somehow ended up with enough items that I have over 2100 fg in d2jsp. (I probably could have gotten more but I got bored of just trading and did a quick sales) Had a ton of ber, jah, lo and zods. A Bunch of griefs, cohs, infinity,botd, engima, forts and faiths.

Most valuable was like a 4xx psn charm that I got like 300 fg for.

FG is gonna subsidize my lack of time for D3

maharg

idspispopd
Also if you still have a cdkey from way back when you can get a digital download from blizzard's online store without rebuying it. Blizzard's commitment to their old games is amazing.

If you're buying it new, it's $20 all in for DiabloII and LOD.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Silly question but where does one go to buy this game in this day and age?

Battle.net

Seriously, you can buy it digitally/get a CD-key to download it digitally through Blizzard themselves.

Just download the PC/Mac version after and patch it up. Boom, done.

Most game stores still have the Battlechest though it only contains Diablo II stuff nowadays.

Which is good because Diablo 1 is a PITA to run now a days and looks really bad along with terrible gameplay now. Diablo 2 may look like ass, but it plays like fine-wine.

maharg

idspispopd
I think Diablo II actually looks pretty much fine. Has the benefit of being one of the last major 2d PC games, so the art is good even if the resolution is low.

Diablo I does look like ass, though.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I still play sometimes..

If anyone need help in Europe non-ladder just poke me.

Udzwq.png

My zealot can kill anything in the game.

Just re-installed the game for the twentieth time. I haven't been around since 2008 apparently. I'm guessing MF-ing still works the same? Are meteorb sorcs still a viable build to do this for?

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I want to get into Diablo but never played the first one. Is it ok to start with the second one? Any hints or tips for a new player? Anything I should know going into it? Why has this not been ported to iPad/iPhone?

I want to get into Diablo but never played the first one. Is it ok to start with the second one? Any hints or tips for a new player? Anything I should know going into it? Why has this not been ported to iPad/iPhone?
The controls would probably be too complicated for iPad/iPhone.

The 2nd game is pretty much superior to the first in every way, so you're really only missing the story from the first which you can read up on if you want.

Only advise I can give is make an battlenet character on ladder and have fun.

It's fine to just skip D1 entirely - it's a very good game in its own right, with its own tone, but the easiest way I can sum it up is tone aside, if you've been following Torchlight, D1:TL1::D2:TL2. More of the game takes place outdoors (also just more game plain period), characters move faster, all new classes, basically one ups the predecessor in every way gameplay wise.

In all honesty if you start up playing D2 now, you'll enjoy it, but getting into it for the first time over a decade after release, you're bound to have a little difficulty adjusting to the dated gameplay.

Filth

any1 wanna play ? i went to the irc channel and it was empty im starting from scratch, never beat diablo 2 before

First one can be set aside. You'd prolly run into a problem or two trying to run D1.

Atmosphere aside, D2 is better in every single way.

TheFatOne

So GAF I'm getting tired of my barbarian, and I wanted to switch to sorceress. Can someone post a good guide on what skills/stats I should focus on.

Gravijah

I still play sometimes..

If anyone need help in Europe non-ladder just poke me.

http://i.imgur.com/Udzwq.png[IMG]

My zealot can kill anything in the game.[/QUOTE]

man, i remember making ebotd in a thunder maul once for shits and giggles. damage was insane.

cicero

It's fine to just skip D1 entirely - it's a very good game in its own right, with its own tone, but the easiest way I can sum it up is tone aside, if you've been following Torchlight, D1:TL1::D2:TL2. More of the game takes place outdoors (also just more game plain period), characters move faster, all new classes, basically one ups the predecessor in every way gameplay wise.

In all honesty if you start up playing D2 now, you'll enjoy it, but getting into it for the first time over a decade after release, you're bound to have a little difficulty adjusting to the dated gameplay.
Dated gameplay?? Compared to what exactly?

The only dated aspects I could think of is that gold isn't auto-pickup, and weapons don't display DPS. I like inventory-tris too much to consider it dated, even if limited slots are annoying.

Even D1 is entirely playable, and you should, cause it's arguably still the most awesome game in the series. Just be prepared to work that index finger.

wow, i didn't know there was a thread for this!

i just started a lvl 1 in US east, but there is NO rooms?!

:eek:.

is the game dead or something? :S

kvn

wow, i didn't know there was a thread for this!

i just started a lvl 1 in US east, but there is NO rooms?!

:eek:.

is the game dead or something? :S
I also just started playing again and found this thread thanks to you. There a still plenty of players online, but I'm playing on the Europe server though.

Top Bottom