• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, recommend me some music that uses 'surf' riffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure everyone is familair with the classic surf style riff, which I'm a huge sucker for, especially when it's used completely out of context, such as in a metal song. Two of my favourite bands, Mr. Bungle and Dog Fashion Disco, utilise them very well from time to time, and I would really like to find some other stuff in either that style, or of the more classic surf style. The only band that I really know however is Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet, so does anyone have more recommendations for me?

While it doesn't have the surf style riff Beach Fossils has a summer beach/surfy feel to it. It's perfect music for a summer road trip to the beach. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it might be similar enough that you may enjoy it.

Red Elvises!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXQ6thrdEBg

Also, watch Six-String Samurai.

Dammit! You beat me by like 20 minutes. I love that movie.

tumblr_moo8ecYSOz1sq9nm5o1_500.png

NoRéN

I swear there was a Venom song that used a surf-life riff. If knows what it is, post if because now it's bugging me that I can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom