• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF? Spider kills snake (kidding, of course its Australia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
w9tYWGV.jpg

They're slowly working their way up the food chain. Soon they'll come for us.

Entering this thread was a mistake.

Goodbye.

This is literally the last thread I'm looking at before going to bed.

At least I hope the nightmare doesn't last the full eight hours.

Kenai

I am totally, 100% cool with daddy longlegs. Worst case scenario I would put them outside.

That funnel web thing? I would make the highest pitch scream I could and run in the other direction.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
One of the most deadliest spiders on the planet. The males are what bites people, as they roam around looking for mates. They are aggressive/defensive, and very quick. Luckily AUS has tons of antivenom always ready, and people don't die from these animals anymore if treated in time.

SGCbMLY.gif

Jesus Christ riding a bike, f that.

Dr.Acula

Banned
This isn't completely unheard of yet if I ever happen upon this one day I will leave this country in a heartbeat D:

Fake edit: I have one of these dudes chilling in my shower for the last few weeks. I think he just overstayed his welcome...

Think about it, he's the only thing keeping your shower snake-free.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
One of the most deadliest spiders on the planet. The males are what bites people, as they roam around looking for mates. They are aggressive/defensive, and very quick. Luckily AUS has tons of antivenom always ready, and people don't die from these animals anymore if treated in time.

SGCbMLY.gif

im sorry, but

Luigiv

SGCbMLY.gif

An this is how I stay both Australian and winning.
WSeDWDf.gif

dejay

Banned
See - when bogans are telling you to "go back where you came from" they're just thinking of your safety. It's not racist at all.

SGCbMLY.gif

Hah - I made this GIF and posted it a few times in the hope that it would be reposted in numerous Australia or spider threads.

I'm so proud!

Anyway, another fun fact - funnel web venom is deadly to primates, but will leave other mammals pretty much unaffected.

(edit) Oh, and that GIF was from a spider being milked for it's venom. So whilst it's slightly terrifying, keep in mind that this particular spider was our bitch.

Pyccko

Seriously, why do I never learn to not click on spider threads? Every new thread is a fresh hell, but I'm powerless to resist.

PKrockin

Guys, this isn't a daddy long legs. They only have one body segment. Spiders have the head+thorax disjointed from the abdomen as you can see in the picture. Daddy long legs can't even spin a web.

Vex_

Banned

SGCbMLY.gif

Why are we not at war with these things?

We don't want to go extinct. We offer them Australians so that the rest of the world can live in peace. Same deal with most of the monsters of this planet.

And we're training then as weapons of war, so we're good with it. No one has ever detected a dropbear infiltration.

NORAD: "Mr president, we have a code black strike order, we need your confirmation to engage"

OBAMA: "What's code black again?"

NORAD: "big ass mean spiders in australia with fangs. We have reason to believe they've mobilized in kangaroo pouches and plan to take over the world. Are we green to strike?"

OBAMA: "kangaroo spiders!!!?? Launch it, launch that shit now!! Green! Green! Go! Faaaaak!"

tumblr_m5q7juq3881rwnp75o1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom