• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFchat SF4 Team Tournament. (PSN)

Ploid 3.0

2r3z5mw.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>Winners
4. A) Bdizzle, B) FindMyFarms, C) SpiderJericho
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

imji1v.jpg

1. akachan ningen......PSN: AkachanNingen - Blanka
2. B-Genius...............PSN: B-Genius - Gouken
3. bdizzle..................PSN: longmeat - Abel
4. Bob White.............PSN: itwasfunny - Viper
5. Brobzoid...............PSN: Brobsaurus - Balrog (Boxer)
6. captmcblack..........PSN: captmcblack - Blanka
7. CO_Andy..............PSN: CO_Andy - Seth
8. dfyb.....................PSN: dfyb - El Fuerte
9. EraldoCoil............PSN: Eraldo_Coil - Blanka
10. Ermac................PSN: Armonix - Gouken
11. FindMyFarms.......PSN: BananaFriends - Ryu
12. GalacticAE..........PSN: GalacticAE - Bison (Dictator)
13. Gutter_Trash......PSN: JerkY - E. Honda
14. Killa Sasa...........PSN: KillaSasa - Cammy
15. kiryogi...............PSN: kiryogi - Chun Li
16. Lyte Edge...........PSN: Lyte Edge - Chun Li
17. MoxManiac.........PSN: MoxManiac - Rufus
18. MrOctober..........PSN: CrossingTheFrame - Bison (dictator)
19. Ploid 3.0............PSN: Ploid - Blanka
20. slayn..................PSN: slayn777 - Blanka
21. Spiderjericho......PSN: krp1976 - Ryu
22. Teknopathetic.....PSN: MoodyShuffle - Bison (dictator)
23. TimeKillr............PSN: TimeKillr - Abel
24. velvet_nitemare....PSN: velvet_nitemare - Guile

Rules:
*No alt characters

*No changing player positions, and order of the team's members must be assigned before the tournament starts (who's A, B, and C).

*5 rounds, best of 3 fights.

*If you get a DC mid round, keep record of who won how many rounds and finish it with that in mind. No clean slates.

Prizes
FindMyFarms said:
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (w/ bongos. Must provide shipping and handeling fee) (GC)
Beyond Good and Evil (GC)
Persona 3 FES (PS2)
Prince of Persia (GC)
Disgaea (PS2)
Jak and Daxter : the Precursor Legacy (PS2)
Killer 7 (GC)
Dark Cloud 2 (PS2)
Jak 2 (PS2)
Phantom Brave w/ soundtrack (PS2)
P.N.03 (GC)
Odin Sphere (PS2)

Teams (Jpeg graphic coming for this)
1. A) MoxManian, B) GalacticAE, C) EraldoCoil
2. A) Slayn, B) Ermac, C) akachan ningen
3. A) dfyb, B) MrOctober, C) Teknopathetic
4. A) Bdizzle, B) FindMyFarms, C) SpiderJericho
5. A) velvet_nitemare, B) Ploid 3.0, C) Co_Andy
6. A) Lyte Edge, B) B-Genius, C) Bob White
7. A) Killa Sasa, B) TimeKillr, C) captmcblack
8. A) gutter_trash, B) Brobzoid, C) kiryogi

Bracket
2i9lc9y.jpg

Times up

My videos.
Opening round of the tournament. First battle vs FindMyFarm.
First Battle =
Second Battle =

Second round of the tournament. Second matchup vs MrOctober.

Fight 1

Fight 2

Final Fight

I'm in

FindMyFarms - PSN BananaFriends - Ryu

Also posting for ermac

Ermac - PSN Armonix - Gouken

Please stress that order of players has to be set pre tourney

Also another idea if people don't like the ABC thing is just doin a straight round robin between the teams. It would result in 9 games and no possibility for tie.

Ploid 3.0

Spiderjericho said:
krp1976...Ryu/Ken...

Which? Sorry

FindMyFarms said:
Also another idea if people don't like the ABC thing is just doin a straight round robin between the teams. It would result in 9 games and no possibility for tie.

Sounds good, they'd really need to be in gaf sf4 chat, and probably at the same time.

Ploid 3.0

So yea, guess I'll have to put in a lot of practice. I apologize for the team I'm put on in advanced lol.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love a chance to participate - should hopefully be on the GAF PSN chat soon.

ID: B-Genius
Character: Gouken

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just one character each this time?

All right; I'm in!

PSN - Lyte Edge - UNDECIDED (Either Chun or Cammy)

Hmm.

Any prizes for this one?

Depending on my team's needs, either Guile or Cammy. Really want to debut her, maybe now is the time.

So yeah, I'm in.

Edit: This is a pokemon style tournament? A, then B, then C? Except no reordering and you revive everyone each set of matches right? IE if A dies in the first set, they can come back in the next one if your team wins the set.

Double Edit: Since most people from the singles tourney are switching, I'll follow suit and use the killer bee Cammy MOTHAF*CKING WHITE

Killa Sasa said:
Hmm.

Any prizes for this one?

Depending on my team's needs, either Guile or Cammy. Really want to debut her, maybe now is the time.

So yeah, I'm in.

Edit: This is a pokemon style tournament? A, then B, then C? Except no reordering and you revive everyone each set of matches right? IE if A dies in the first set, they can come back in the next one if your team wins the set.

Double Edit: Since most people from the singles tourney are switching, I'll follow suit and use the killer bee Cammy MOTHAF*CKING WHITE

Well, in each match, the A players play each other, then the B players play, then the C. Say player A in team 1 wins, it doesn't affect the next game, the next game is going to be between the B players regardless.

The team that wins 2 of those games wins the match.

LEMME SEE THAT CAMMY PLAYA

Prizes

Not %100 sure yet if I wanna do this, but I have a couple of games that were lying around that I'm planning to sell on Ebay. I wouldn't mind giving out 3 of these games to the winning team (one for each player.)

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (w/ bongos) (GC)
Persona 3 FES (PS2)
Prince of Persia (GC)
Disgaea (PS2)
Killer 7 (GC)
Dark Cloud 2 (PS2)
Jak 2 (PS2)
P.N.03 (GC)
Odin Sphere (PS2)

dfyb

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Well, in each match, the A players play each other, then the B players play, then the C. Say player A in team 1 wins, it doesn't affect the next game, the next game is going to be between the B players regardless.

The team that wins 2 of those games wins the match.

LEMME SEE THAT CAMMY PLAYA
i didn't think that is how team matches go...

i thought it went like this (example):

1A vs 2A
- A1 wins
1A vs 2B
- A1 wins
1A vs 2C
- C2 wins
1B vs 2C
- 1B wins. team 1 wins.

edit: see this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1R_Gd8TJDw

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I'm in.

Don't really want to use blanka but I'd feel bad not using my best if I have teammates. So, blanka.

psn: slayn777
character: blanka

dfyb said:
i didn't think that is how team matches go...

i thought it went like this (example):

1A vs 2A
- A1 wins
1A vs 2B
- A1 wins
1A vs 2C
- C2 wins
1B vs 2C
- 1B wins. team 1 wins.

edit: see this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1R_Gd8TJDw

Yeah that's how lotsa tourneys go, but not this one. This tourney is kinda geared towards balance/fun/sportsmanship, hence no team stacking with top placers in the tourney. The AvA BvB and CvC style also makes sure everyone gets to play. It wouldn't be fun if Slayn was A and just swept the games ya know?

Once the tourney patch comes out and we do gaf ranbat, we can get for real lol.

FindMyFarms said:
Prizes

Not %100 sure yet if I wanna do this, but I have a couple of games that were lying around that I'm planning to sell on Ebay. I wouldn't mind giving out 3 of these games to the winning team (one for each player.)

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (w/ bongos) (GC)
Persona 3 FES (PS2)
Prince of Persia (GC)
Disgaea (PS2)
Killer 7 (GC)
Dark Cloud 2 (PS2)
Jak 2 (PS2)
P.N.03 (GC)
Odin Sphere (PS2)

I'm in, for the slight possibility of getting dark cloud 2.

I don't know who I want to use yet.

dfyb

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Yeah that's how lotsa tourneys go, but not this one. This tourney is kinda geared towards balance/fun/sportsmanship, hence no team stacking with top placers in the tourney. The AvA BvB and CvC style also makes sure everyone gets to play. It wouldn't be fun if Slayn was A and just swept the games ya know?

Once the tourney patch comes out and we do gaf ranbat, we can get for real lol.
aaah i didn't think of it like that. good idea.

Ploid 3.0

3 more spots, I'm not sure when we'll start. I'll talk about it tomorrow in SF4 chat, or we can throw ideas around here. I'm not sure how tournaments go but I'm able to keep record of the tree and such. Should we do this during the week or wait on the weekend?

As for naming the teams, how about just using the name of the person that's assigned to A for them? Well it won't be a problem if team names are made fast, and aren't very long.

Ploid 3.0 said:
3 more spots, I'm not sure when we'll start. I'll talk about it tomorrow in SF4 chat, or we can throw ideas around here. I'm not sure how tournaments go but I'm able to keep record of the tree and such. Should we do this during the week or wait on the weekend?

As for naming the teams, how about just using the name of the person that's assigned to A for them? Well it won't be a problem if team names are made fast, and aren't very long.

how do i join the sf4 chat?

Alright everyone, tourney roster's filled up. captmcblack was the cut off point. Thanks everyone that signed up! This should be awesome. If anyone drops out before the tourney starts, we can fill in with one of the extra people that signed up after captmcblack.

Lastly, please remember that if you're in this tournament then you're committing to playing your match in a timely manner. I understand we all have lives and are busy (well... not all of us lol) but taking 20 minutes out of the week to play a match is not a lot to ask for.

Also, if you don't have the gaf psn chat yet, feel free to PM me your psn tag and I'll add you as a friend then send an invite.

PS - My tag is BananaFriends

Ploid 3.0

Post 40 was the last entry.

Next I will be drawing names out of a hat. There are 8 people in this tournament that were top of the singles tournament. They will be placed in seperate teams. The drawing are for the other two positions. We also have to finalize the characters (undecided people), set up the tree, and figure out when it's best for people to play. Have fun, and good luck gentlemen.

Pick your character.
22. velvet_nitemare....PSN: velvet_nitemare - Undecided
23. akachan ningen...PSN: AkachanNingen - Undecided
24. Lyte Edge.......PSN: Lyte Edge - Undecided

Ploid 3.0 said:
Post 40 was the last entry.

Next I will be drawing names out of a hat. There are 8 people in this tournament that were top of the singles tournament. They will be placed in seperate teams. The drawing are for the other two positions. We also have to finalize the characters (undecided people), set up the tree, and figure out when it's best for people to play. Have fun, and good luck gentlemen.

Pick your character.
22. velvet_nitemare....PSN: velvet_nitemare - Undecided
23. akachan ningen...PSN: AkachanNingen - Undecided
24. Lyte Edge.......PSN: Lyte Edge - Undecided

I guess I'm playing blanka.

Ploid 3.0

Teams (not the official order, gaf name only)

1. GalacticAE - MoxManiac - EraldoCoil
2. Slayn - Ermac - akachan ningen
3. Teknopathetic - MrOctober - dfyb
4. FindMyFarms - Spiderjericho - bdizzle
5. Co_Andy - velvet_nitemare - Ploid 3.0
6. Lyte Edge - B-Genius - Bob White
7. Killa Sasa - TimeKillr - captmcblack
8. Gutter_Trash - kiryogi - Brobzoid

Ok guys, I'll need you and your team to decide on what order you guys will play in (assign A, B, and C). PM it to me, and I'll post them all when I get the final one so no one will strategically order themselves. I will not look at the PMs until my group finish our order. I probably shouldn't even be in this tournament since there are now prizes involved. Remember, A will play A, B will play B, and C will play C. We won't be doing round robin, as that may take too much of your time, and we might have a hard enough time getting people to finish their games. Since this is a team thing, there may be better teams than the next. We gave out random teams, with the top players of the singles tournament, in a team apart. Gutter_trash was added on because Jekki didn't sign up for this.

You must PM me the order of your teams.

wow, all these teams are really tough, no easy wins for anyone this tourney. i think this is gonna be one hell of an event :D :D :D :D :D

looking forward to when we get started.

Top Bottom