• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFchat SF4 Team Tournament. (PSN)

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
gutter_trash said:
well if you fight me, we could fight locally face to face in town since we live in the same city hahaha

Guaranteed to not have lag ;)

*brobzoid, kiryogi
if you guys want we can do some practice sessions for warming up to the tourney,
Bison, Balrog, Blanka are my 2ndaries if you need practice against them.
I'm up for that. State a time and I'm there.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
so in 9 or 10 hours? I'm GMT+1 so I have no idea what the time is over on your parts.

kiryogi

Banned
Man had a really rough morning. But it was probably a bad idea to play when you just wake up :lol I'd def be up for some practice if we get a chance. I'm pacific time here. Though, I'm not sure how my availability's going to be since I have guests over. But if I see you on the chat, i'll definitely hit you up.

Ploid 3.0

Brobzoid said:
So, when does this shit kick off?

The 9th at the earliest. People that haven't sent in their team order have until that time to send it, or their order will be as is (first post). And if you haven't chosen a character your team might be angry at you. That or every team, we'd have to delay the start.

If you want to step up, and order your team yourself and send it at the last minute that wouldn't be a bad idea. It's not like they'll blame you for helping out in the end. Four teams are locked and have chosen their order. If the other teams don't do anything it's not like they'd be planning to take advantage of the teams that haven't ordered themselves. They have no idea which teams are ordered. We should actually be able to start before the 9th.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I sent in my team's order. Ermac, if you had a specific spot in mind let ploid know so he can change it. I gave akachan the spot he wanted and then flipped a coin to determine my spot.

velvet_nitemare said:
How do i find out who i play?

Kinda new to this.

Every team designates their members A, B and C then pm's that info to Ploid. Once everyone's done that, all the teams and their member's letter designations will be posted.

I believe you're on CO_Andy's team, and looking at the bracket, you guys are going up against my team. You're going to be playing whoever on my team has the same letter as you in a 5 round, best out of 3 matches setting.

FindMyFarms said:
Every team designates their members A, B and C then pm's that info to Ploid. Once everyone's done that, all the teams and their member's letter designations will be posted.

I believe you're on CO_Andy's team, and looking at the bracket, you guys are going up against my team. You're going to be playing whoever on my team has the same letter as you in a 5 round, best out of 3 matches setting.

Cool. Thanks.

Ploid 3.0

Velvet our team is set. I'll pm you your position. Co_Andy picked his position, and I picked mine after. Check your pm.

Tournament starts at midnight. Play your opponent as soon as possible. I provided pm links in the op to the name of each person but one (he hadn't posted in the thread at the time). Look up his psn if he don't respond to the pm. Send him a message and get the game done. The faster we get the matches done the sooner we can progress. The positions, and tournament bracket will be posted, with said positions, as soon as I can get it up. Have fun, and go for broke!

Ploid 3.0

Sorry couldn't send pms on gaf from the PS3. Anyway, I offered you to change from A to B, but now that the deadline is up you're stuck as A.

Tournament's player position list

1. A) MoxManian, B) GalacticAE, C) EraldoCoil

2. A) Slayn, B) Ermac, C) akachan ningen

3. A) dfyb, B) MrOctober, C) Teknopathetic

4. A) Bdizzle, B) FindMyFarms, C) SpiderJericho

5. A) velvet_nitemare, B) Ploid 3.0, C) Co_Andy

6. A) Lyte Edge, B) B-Genius, C) Bob White

7. A) Killa Sasa, B) TimeKillr, C) captmcblack

8. A) gutter_trash, B) Brobzoid, C) kiryogi

Ploid 3.0

Oh crap, almost forgot about that. OP is being updated soon. What FindMyFarm said. Sorry about that slip.

5 ROUNDS
BEST OUTTA 3

2qla8n5.jpg

Lost my game against FindMyFarm. It was inevitable, video of battle 2 is uploading.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just to make sure...five games per match-up, three rounds each? Or is that three games per match-up, best out of five rounds?

Sorry, it's late!

Lyte Edge said:
Just to make sure...five games per match-up, three rounds each? Or is that three games per match-up, best out of five rounds?

Sorry, it's late!

it's just like the other tournament,

there is 3 matches

set the round counter to "Best of 5"
(this means that in 1 match you have to win 3 rounds)

so if you win match 1 ( lets say, 3-2) you got the better of 5 and the score will be 1-0 if you win the next match ( lets say, 3-1) then that means the other guy is out.

:D

MoxManiac

There's a c on the end of my name, not an n.

So gutter is to be my opponent? I'm going to have to bring my a game for this one!

Best Of 5 Rounds?? awesome!
more EX and Super meter for me :D
MoxManiac said:
There's a c on the end of my name, not an n.

So gutter is to be my opponent? I'm going to have to bring my a game for this one!

your Rufus is strong, it will be a tough series for both of us, down the wire

MrOctober

Banned
Ok so I'm playing B-Genius. I'll send out a PM right now. The Sox game is on but it's the middle of the 7th inning. After that I'm free all night.

CO_Andy

This tournament kinda seems like the last one. I was hoping we would all log in to the chat at the same time and settle this in one session.

CO_Andy said:
This tournament kinda seems like the last one. I was hoping we would all log in to the chat at the same time and settle this in one session.

different time zones and work/school schedules keep this from happening. so we just gotta go with what works best

Ploid 3.0

CO_Andy said:

I was hoping that too, but it's too big for it. If it was more small scaled it would have been possible

slayn

needs to show more effort.
akachan mentioned he won. I haven't seen killa sasa online yet. I suspect he is scared and is hiding from me.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
dfyb, I'll try to check later and see if you're on, but I just got done with a brief PSN session. I like that new PSN Chat feature; makes it really easy to play games with everyone! :D

Gutter Trash, MoxManiac, FindMyFarms, I AM GUNNING FOR U :lol

Lyte Edge said:
dfyb, I'll try to check later and see if you're on, but I just got done with a brief PSN session. I like that new PSN Chat feature; makes it really easy to play games with everyone! :D

You're an A, I'm a B. I guess it wasn't meant to.... B

Played CO Andy and won. GGs. I would recommend that all of the participants know the rules to the tournament. And I'm not gunning for anyone...I'm a ground hog...

dfyb

Banned
Lyte Edge said:

it okay if we do it tomorrow? need to head out and get some work done right now.

slayn said:
akachan mentioned he won. I haven't seen killa sasa online yet. I suspect he is scared and is hiding from me.

This is partly true. But I actually went to my first real tourney tonight (albeit a Winnipeg one) and carried my team to the championship using Guile. Had a bunch of OCV's and people cheering for America :D it felt good. I attribute my win to the fact that I didn't face any of the Blankas :lol

But Great Britain will strike down the Green Iniquity tomorrow.

Top Bottom