• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord, not only was Beyonce's performance one of the worst in Grammy history, but so was her red carpet look.

OfOzDI5.png

Lorde looks HUMAN standing next to such TRASH.

Her makeup was fuckery. She looked gross a bit.

Her outfit last year shits on this from a great height.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I bought our daughter, Bridget, tickets to see Katy Perry in Portland this September. She's going to go totally bonkers - she's a crazy big fan of Perry's and this will be her first concert of any kind, ever. Haven't told her yet, we're saving it for her birthday in April. I'm going, but am looking forward to it more for the time with her and for knowing how much she will love it.

Me, I'm looking forward to Tool in March.

Are you ready for the perfect storm?

81HN4.gif

Wilsongt

Lord, not only was Beyonce's performance one of the worst in Grammy history, but so was her red carpet look.

OfOzDI5.png

Lorde looks HUMAN standing next to such TRASH.

Lorde seems to be aging more rapidly than Lindsey Lohan...

Maybe it's all those seizures she appears to have on stage.

Seriously. I don't understand why she looks so old most of the time. It has to be botched makeup jobs and generally wearing outfits that wouldn't be out of place in a geriatric's closet.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I’m never going back,
The past is in the past

Let it go, let it go
When I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone

Here I stand
In the light of day
Let the storm rage on,
The cold never bothered me anyway

tumblr_lxlyzoteCF1qbl8vro1_400.gif

Christopher

Blessed Perra with her amazing ear for the radio aka Max Martin.

How did Britney go wrong with not going with him and fucking Will.I.Am...

Styles

Not only has She inspired young girls to pick up guitars, but also guys too. Lord is undeniably The Voice of Her generation. #ImpacT #globaL

BfX7CKxIUAAP6jm.jpg

ibdlDedyISdXfQ.gif

I finally decidedT to check out Banks.

Not sure if I'm here for her tbh.

PApfole.gif

[edit]: Well, she's okay. But I don't really find her incredible or one to watch or anything.

Perhaps she'll grow on me.

idEWhECvuQCPG.gif

Peru

In order for your argument to be correct, the poster needs to be criticizing her for singing about "love and relationship" while "writing the herself and basing it off experiences in her own life," despite the fact that, "John Mayer, Bruno Mars, Bruce Springsteen etc do the same" write about similar themes and do not receive similar criticisms. And I have said, if I agreed with this understanding of the poster, I would agree that the poster was sexist. But I don't agree with that, and you haven't given me any reason to.

You're the one making claims about the themes and repetitive, puerile lyrics, without any examples. I've said I don't think the poster represents reality or even a good point, but instead a repetitive droning on about sides to her songwriting that would never be brought up unless she was a she, but until you do give me your examples of why you do think the poster has a point based on the songs you have listened to I can't counter any specific claim.

I bought our daughter, Bridget, tickets to see Katy Perry in Portland this September. She's going to go totally bonkers - she's a crazy big fan of Perry's and this will be her first concert of any kind, ever. Haven't told her yet, we're saving it for her birthday in April. I'm going, but am looking forward to it more for the time with her and for knowing how much she will love it.

Me, I'm looking forward to Tool in March.

Awww that sounds adorable! Perry has a few great bops, I'm sure your daughter will have a great time :)

My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I’m never going back,
The past is in the past

Let it go, let it go
When I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone

Here I stand
In the light of day
Let the storm rage on,
The cold never bothered me anyway

tumblr_lxlyzoteCF1qbl8vro1_400.gif

Stan the Disney queen a biT

R. Kelly is vile but he's the best part of DWUW.
Yeah, the song is totally lifeless without his ad libs.

"oo-WOOOOO-hooo" or those little falsetto flourishes on the "want to hear YOU SINGGGG" and "private partyyyy"

Xtina and Gaga add nothing to the song except their feral moaning.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

"oo-WOOOOO-hooo" or those little falsetto flourishes on the "want to hear YOU SINGGGG" and "private partyyyy"

par for the course for xtuneless, but it's sad to see gaga sink so low

DMeisterJ

Banned
R. Kelly is vile but he's the best part of DWUW.

Spill it. His vile ways are completely parallel to what he did for DWUW. His feature is way better.

All tea. And the "Then we lay in the cut like we don't give a FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" is the best part of the song.

jV1fBTq1mMPbU.png

It's coming
irH3NUaXJkenZ.gif

Only if pop picks it up.

Trigger

I would like Dark Horse much more if it wasn't for Juicy J, sine his part is such filth. Capitol should have put R. Kelly on the song instead. I can't believe I said that, but DWUW made me like R. Kelly.

I think the song would be better with just Katy period. It doesn't really need a feature.

royalan

R Pedi is vile in real life and vile in DWUW.

I don't have time for his weak T-Pain-wannabe vocals and clearly neither does anyone else. He adds absolutely nothing to the track.

This is sad. Y'all would rather stan a pedophile than give Christina her snaps. I need all over you to go look in a mirror and seriously evaluate the direction your lives are going. Because this a MESS.

I will be praying for all of you.

ibkjp0t49oil71.gif

R Pedi is vile in real life and vile in DWUW.

I don't have time for his weak T-Pain-wannabe vocals and clearly neither does anyone else. He adds absolutely nothing to the track.

This is sad. Y'all would rather stan a pedophile than give Christina her snaps. I need all over you to go look in a mirror and seriously evaluate the direction your lives are going. Because this a MESS.

I will be praying for all of you.

ibkjp0t49oil71.gif

I would have been okay with DWUW ft. T-Pain instead of R. Kelly tbh

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
gaga must have known what she was doing putting r kelly on a song with lyrics like those

poor her she probably thought that the controversy around it would have gotten everybody talking

instead nobody cares and the people that do just seriously question her judgment

royalan

Mau ®;99220064 said:
The remix with Xtina is TRASH and iTunes agrees.

Both version are crap, let's just be honest. Flop if you Want should have never been released as a single, in any form.

But at least the Christina version can say that it was just a rush-job. There was never any expectation for that single to do well, it was a gift for the die-hard fans. Hell, Christina recorded her vocals from a damn cabin she was vacationing at.

Meanwhile, DWUW (ft. R-Smelly) was supposed to be the single rejuvenated the ARTFLOP era. L-O-L

Gaga must have known what she was doing putting r kelly on a song with lyrics like those

poor her she probably thought that the controversy around it would have gotten everybody talking

instead nobody cares and the people that do just seriously question her judgment

Yep.

Trigger

gaga must have known what she was doing putting r kelly on a song with lyrics like those

I really hope that wasn't the logic for R. Kelly's inclusion in the song. Some part of me likes to think that Gaga wouldn't be that thirsty.

The DWUW "Remix" was incredibly lazy. No new vocals and a phoned in verse from Xtina.
Xtina was good on the song but it was just a lazy remix from a desperate artist.

I like gaga but it felt desperate as hell.

Mau ®

I only like R.Kelly's parts on DWYW but it's hilarious how they had a plan for the ARTPOP era and it never involved DWYW as a single. It did well initially on iTunes WW and Gaga's team (and Gaga herself, probably) got over excited that they changed everything so it became a single.

But hey, she don't currrr for the charts, right?

___

In other news. Chris Brown's snippets for his X album have leaked. All the songs are basic as fuck except "Fina China". They also cut the Rihanna collab before she starts singing.

Mau ®;99223967 said:
I only like R.Kelly's parts on DWYW but it's hilarious how they had a plan for the ARTPOP era and it never involved DWYW as a single. It did well initially on iTunes WW and Gaga's team (and Gaga herself, probably) got over excited that they changed everything so it became a single.

But hey, she don't currrr for the charts, right?

___

In other news. Chris Brown's snippets for his X album have leaked. All the songs are basic as fuck except "Fina China". They also cut the Rihanna collab before she starts singing.

The music not the bling.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom