• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I used to have a huge crush on Nick Lachey back in my 'why cant I stop staring at this man and instead stare at Jessica Simpson' days

I always thought Ashley was a wannabe Avril and at the time, I had a huge thing against actresses becoming singers so I was impartial to her but I did like some of her songs. I had to really give her the benefit of the doubt after stanning Hilary and Lohan for the same thing.

Trigger

Jessica may be a musical flop, but a lot of girls I know love her clothing stuff. Maybe her music career flopping was better in the long run.

Touchdown

Banned
I used to have a huge crush on Nick Lachey back in my 'why cant I stop staring at this man and instead stare at Jessica Simpson' days

i laugh cuz it's true.

ibratAlAduLc5G.jpg

SaintZ

Newlyweds was Jessica's crowning achievement lbr. It had so many iconic moments.

I think I'll go watch some old episodes.

Qazaq

Banned
Wait, erm, didn't Jessica have her smash hit "With You", one of the few smash hits she ever had, that was in part due to her revitalized popularity caused by Newlyweds and "Chicken of the Sea"?

I mean, I don't think that show "tarnished her brand"...

She better get that D and make some milado kids. Both him and her are exotic! They would be a highlight couple. Let's not even start at how they will break all kinds of agendas. But wasn't he also looking at Emilia Clarke too. He is fine ... That's all there is to it.

Edit: Black is so beautiful. That Cocoa Butter for real.

xaosslug

Jessica may be a musical flop, but a lot of girls I know love her clothing stuff. Maybe her music career flopping was better in the long run.

eh... what are her royalties like, doe? We know the 'Jessica Simpson' brand is (supposedly) worth over a billion dollars, but what's her cut? The money's not hers. She licensed her name to some big company, and THEY are making that paper. Not her.

cory64

eh... what are her royalties like, doe? We know the 'Jessica Simpson' brand is (supposedly) worth over a billion dollars, but what's her cut? The money's not hers. She licensed her name to some big company, and THEY are making that paper. Not her.

Article
Simpson, like any celebrity who licenses his or her name to manufacturing companies, would get a small percentage of wholesale (not retail) revenue on her various lines—contracts usually fluctuate between 3% and 10% for each licensing deal. Let’s use 7%, and that is probably being generous. Wholesale revenue is generally about half of retail sales—so in this case, $375 million.

royalan

Can we talk about how flawless her skin is though?

Gorgeous. *.*

She better get that D and make some milado kids. Both him and her are exotic! They would be a highlight couple. Let's not even start at how they will break all kinds of agendas. But wasn't he also looking at Emilia Clarke too. He is fine ... That's all there is to it.

Edit: Black is so beautiful. That Cocoa Butter for real.

Right!? Got that cocoa and shea all goddamn day.

Speaking of beautiful dark skin, MIA is the latest artist to get hit with the magazine cover white wash:

sbJEGPD.jpg

Ummmm.....

DMeisterJ

Banned
not the global powerhouses flopping in all the biggest markets

iGirS2nuaHUzH.png

#3 on WW iTunes

tumblr_n08ueoROTr1qfh70bo1_500.gif

88 Shakira - Can't Remember To Forget You (feat. Rihanna)

nadie está comprobando para ella
jajajajaja

Rih also remains absent from saving CRTFY (currently almost out of the top 100 on iTunes)

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

#22 on iTunes US

tumblr_n09sw0lzz21qzclrjo1_500.gif

record breaking thirst for hype/controversy
we'll see if it manages to get back to top 50 on itunes

6SsY8ei.gif

As desperate an attempt as rushing to record a verse on a single from a flop 'queen of pop' and performing it on your hit show in hopes of scoring a hit, since you can only score hits as a featured artist, and the song flopping so spectacularly after being rush released that it isn't even in the top 300 of iTunes right now. Yes, Legend X is very desperate for success, and recorded with a flop who had a moderately good single out just to be a featured artist on another song.

cory64

I really don't understand why they lighten (other than having warped perceptions) it just looks bad and makes them seem more distant. Draining the life almost. If they dare touch Lupita's ethereal skin...

YAAAAAAS CLOCK HA DMJ
;_____;

Trigger

As desperate an attempt as rushing to record a verse on a single from a flop 'queen of pop' and performing it on your hit show in hopes of scoring a hit, since you can only score hits as a featured artist, and the song flopping so spectacularly after being rush released that it isn't even in the top 300 of iTunes right now. Yes, Legend X is very desperate for success, and recorded with a flop who had a moderately good single out just to be a featured artist on another song.

Oop.

iGirS2nuaHUzH.png

royalan

I'm not dragging Rihanna, but...

We all know it was Legendtina doing a favor for Gaga in this case. If Xtina wanted a successful single, she'd go find a talented indie group and collab with them, instead of working with a desperate diva like Gaga. ;___;

xaosslug

why does she stay working with unknowns like Le Tigre and AGBW and Sia, doe? You better get your everlasting life and continue to seethe @ Queen Bey's success as your fave continues to flop.

it was really nice of Eminem to give her a hit feature, tbh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
why does she stay working with unknowns like Le Tigre and AGBW and Sia, doe? You better get your everlasting life and continue to seethe @ Queen Bey's success as your fave continues to flop.

What does Beyonce have to do with this? Rihanna, her whole career of unmitigated slayage has happened while Beyonce has existed so bye. Stop flailing, you make no sense.

H520T.gif

it was really nice of Eminem to give her a hit feature, tbh.

And yet Eminem, his last two #1 singles both featured Rihanna... I wonder if it was nice of him to feature her, or if he needed her and her appeal to EVERYONE in order to sell this single and album...

xaosslug

What does Beyonce have to do with this? Rihanna, her whole career of unmitigated slayage has happened while Beyonce has existed so bye. Stop flailing, you make no sense.

H520T.gif

yeah, good point. Why are you so damn sour towards Bey's success all the time den, sis? Let's keep it 100%: you've been set to Permanently Pressed since Beyonce's surprise release.

And yet Eminem, his last two #1 singles both featured Rihanna... I wonder if it was nice of him to feature her, or if he needed her and her appeal to EVERYONE in order to sell this single and album...

and yet... Can't Remember To Forget You stays floundering... I mean Stay and Pour it Up and What Now... all flopped. Oh well.

maybe, next time.

idNz1t9z8wytx.gif

d

in what world did Stay and Po It Up flop, tho?

Right!? Got that cocoa and shea all goddamn day.

Speaking of beautiful dark skin, MIA is the latest artist to get hit with the magazine cover white wash:

sbJEGPD.jpg

Ummmm.....
Bad enough about the skin lightening, but what have they done to her face? Looking positively Dreamcast era.

DMeisterJ

Banned
yeah, good point. Why are you so damn sour towards Bey's success all the time den, sis? Let's keep it 100%: you've been set to Permanently Pressed since Beyonce's surprise release.

We're not talking about Beyonce, we're discussing Rihanna and the CLOCKING that Cyno got.

ib1ulRRX5JtYFJ.gif

and yet... Can't Remember To Forget You stays floundering... I mean Stay and Pour it Up and What Now... all flopped. Oh well.

maybe, next time.

idNz1t9z8wytx.gif

And yet... Stay sold 4M copies and went #3 on the Hot 100, and PiU is platinum and went top 20 on the hot 100. If those are flops then all the girls are flopping right now, tbh.

tumblr_m6493z63l11qer4s1o1_500.gif

xaosslug

We should give the Fighters the benefit of the doubt though. I mean they never have the opportunity to receipt stan for their fave so how should we expect them to know how to do it to other girls' faves?

well, we can't all refugee-stan and migrate to any gol that seems to be doing well, sis. Some of us actually stick it out w/ our fave because, well, they're our fave.

go listen to Slay Something... that's some receipt stanning, I tells ya! ;-P

xaosslug

We're not talking about Beyonce, we're discussing Rihanna and the CLOCKING that Cyno got.

ib1ulRRX5JtYFJ.gif

you should relax. And bide your time. There's no need for clocking. You know what Rihanna is capable of, and Can't Remember To Forget You is doing awful. At leas wait until Rih's comeback.

And yet... Stay sold 4M copies and went #3 on the Hot 100, and PiU is platinum and went top 20 on the hot 100. If those are flops then all the girls are flopping right now, tbh.

tumblr_m6493z63l11qer4s1o1_500.gif

that's true... but nobody cares about that. People only recognize if a song reaches #1 on BB's H100. Everything else is considered a flop. I mean people call Applause a flop... but didn't it sell a lot and go top 10? No1curr.

cory64

Lead singles are under more scrutiny because they usually chart the highest. One #1 per era is the expectation imo, so that's why Stay is considered more of a success than Applause.

plus there's the year-end chart:
13. Stay
27. Diamonds
37. Applause

GhaleonEB

I bought our daughter, Bridget, tickets to see Katy Perry in Portland this September. She's going to go totally bonkers - she's a crazy big fan of Perry's and this will be her first concert of any kind, ever. Haven't told her yet, we're saving it for her birthday in April. I'm going, but am looking forward to it more for the time with her and for knowing how much she will love it.

Me, I'm looking forward to Tool in March.

royalan

Lord, not only was Beyonce's performance one of the worst in Grammy history, but so was her red carpet look.

OfOzDI5.png

Lorde looks HUMAN standing next to such TRASH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom