• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamepad for PC with audio output?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
My Xbox One gamepad is kinda shit, the right stick has a slight drift and, last night, the left bumper stopped working just because.

Thing is, I like this gamepad because it allows me to have the audio come from the heaphones that I connect to the gamepad, so I wanted to ask... Is there any other gamepad that allows for the same feature? Or do I have to get another Xbox One controller even if they are kinda shit?

Thanks in advance.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Both the DS4 and the DualSense have an audio jack.
Have 2 of those but I never managed to have the audio come from it.

I think it might have to do with it being Bluetooth instead of wi-fi, not sure tho.

I recommend the PS5 controller, use it for my PC as well and love it.

The nice thing is also that I use the audio jack when I watch something on my pc and don’t want to wake up the children.

However I think for the sound to work the controller needs to be pluggged in via USB-C. I think Bluetooth is not working with the sound feature.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Thanks mate! Sadly, I need the audio to work wireless, since I play on the couch and my PC is kinda far from it.

I think that, at least on PC, bluetooth can't send both the input from the buttons and the audio, so I'll probably need a wi-fi controller.

TrebleShot

Thanks mate! Sadly, I need the audio to work wireless, since I play on the couch and my PC is kinda far from it.

I think that, at least on PC, bluetooth can't send both the input from the buttons and the audio, so I'll probably need a wi-fi controller.
Just a quick one but since your controller works wireless (bt?) your headphones should also reach that range also.
I was scratching my head about this for ages then it clicked that my BT will reach that far too.

DaGwaphics

Have 2 of those but I never managed to have the audio come from it.

I think it might have to do with it being Bluetooth instead of wi-fi, not sure tho.

I think the Xbox one controller supports audio even over BT, the DS4 supports audio over USB not sure about via BT. As has been suggested, have you considered grabbing a BT enabled headset?

The Xbox wireless headset works great with PC and has good battery life.

TintoConCasera

your controller works wireless (bt?)
It's wi-fi, actually. Bough a gamepad that came with a dongle for it to connect. With the same gamepad, the audio wont work via Bluetooth.

I'll think about a BT headset instead, might be a better approach.

Why not a Xbox series controller?
Is it any better than the Xbone's? Maybe I've been unlucky, but this thing breaking after 3 years of use has left me a bit sour when it comes to MS made peripherals.

Last edited:

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Is it any better than the Xbone's? Maybe I've been unlucky, but this thing breaking after 3 years of use has left me a bit sour when it comes to MS made peripherals.
It's practically identical to the Xbone except it adds a 3rd select button in the middle.
I've been using the Elite Series 2 for almost 3 years. My biggest complaint is the grips have gone gummy. I've seen reports one of the bumpers has a tendency to break just like your current controller. My bumpers have worked just fine, so far. I was hoping they would release new updated controllers with more features but it seems Microsoft has given up on new hardware anything and just release different colored old controllers

Shakka43

New 8bitdo Ultimate (XBox edition) has a headphone jack, I haven't tested that feature yet though. I bought it last week to replace my peeling off Series Elite 2. Excellent controller with two back buttons, hall effect sticks and triggers and comes with a charging dock.
SDZCtWB.jpeg

szgZV1c.jpeg

Shamed into changing images... 😅

Tested headphone jack a it works fine(Windows 11)

Last edited:

Hohenheim

Been using this a lot since it released last year. Very satisfied. It has audio output, but i've never used it as I use wireless Steel Series Arctis nova pro.
But the controller is great.

New 8bitdo Ultimate (XBox edition) has a headphone jack, I haven't tested that feature yet though. I bought it last week to replace my peeling off Series Elite 2. Excellent controller with two back buttons, hall effect sticks and triggers and comes with a charging dock.
2h0AwrV.jpeg

crC3xkj.jpeg

Disgusting

Last edited:

xGJqqQz.png

I heard you can use it for audio if you have the adapter (does not work with bluetooth). I never tried because I prefer my headset, which has an USB connection :'(

Hohenheim

2h0AwrV.jpeg

crC3xkj.jpeg
Great controller. Amazing value for the cheap price too. Recently got the new hall effect version, and been using it a lot when playing the Steam Deck docked to the TV.

TintoConCasera

Thanks everyone! 🫂
xGJqqQz.png

I heard you can use it for audio if you have the adapter (does not work with bluetooth). I never tried because I prefer my headset, which has an USB connection :'(
This is the same I had which broke a few days ago. Why have you censored the logo? lol

SDZCtWB.jpeg

szgZV1c.jpeg

Thanks! I'll have a look at this one, 8bitdo seems to be a good brand for controllers.

I've never had an issue doing that with the Dualsense. You just gotta select it as the ouput.
You sure you were using it wireless?

Last edited:

intbal

My Xbox Series X controller developed infinite y-axis drift on the left stick four months after I bought the console.
My Xbox One X controller lasted three years before the same thing happened.
My Xbox One S controller has a sticking left trigger, but working sticks.
My Xbox 360 controllers (3 of them) are perfect after more than a decade of use.

I've never used an Xbox Elite controller, but the standard units have gotten worse with each generation.
I think they must have fired their gamepad QC teams right around the time Don Mattrick decided all future games would be played by flailing around in front of an IR camera.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
SDZCtWB.jpeg

szgZV1c.jpeg

How 'clicky' is the Dpad on this thing? The basic Series controller drives me clicking batty with it's D-pad.
The Series elite 2 d-pad isn't so bad, but if mine ever goes belly up I might look into this 8bitdo.

TintoConCasera

The light bothers me, I get easily distracted by it lol
Ah! lol, same thing happened to me but kinda got used to it. Can be annoying when playing in the dark tho. :goog_relieved:
Edit: BTw, Did you have the Xbox Series controller or the Xbox One controller
That's a good question man. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Aren't they the same? All it says is "Xbox Wireless Controller".

My Xbox Series X controller developed infinite y-axis drift on the left stick four months after I bought the console.
My Xbox One X controller lasted three years before the same thing happened.
My Xbox One S controller has a sticking left trigger, but working sticks.
My Xbox 360 controllers (3 of them) are perfect after more than a decade of use.

I've never used an Xbox Elite controller, but the standard units have gotten worse with each generation.
I think they must have fired their gamepad QC teams right around the time Don Mattrick decided all future games would be played by flailing around in front of an IR camera.
I don't get what's the deal with modern controllers. Sony's DS4, Xbox's, Nintendo's Joycons... all shit. In one way or another they'll all end fucked up.

Meanwhile my GameCube gamepad from 2002 still works like a dream.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
The gamesir keleid t4 has the jack connection, it has xone ergonomics but lighter, hall effect sticks and triggers, and other shit for like 40 euros.

Of all the controllers i have, this one is the closest in compatibility with the xone pad both on steam and outside of steam.

Only downside is the wire.

Last edited:

Shakka43

How 'clicky' is the Dpad on this thing? The basic Series controller drives me clicking batty with it's D-pad.
The Series elite 2 d-pad isn't so bad, but if mine ever goes belly up I might look into this 8bitdo.
Is not as clicky as the Elite 2 but clickier than PlayStation controllers so you should be good. It is a better dpad tan Xbox's overall I would say.

Aside from the asymmetrical Left stick the controller feels closer to a Dualsense than an Xbox gamepad especially the shoulder and triggers.

Last edited:

BlackTron

They all kinda suck in their own way except for 360. But Series has a better dpad, if you don't mind noise. The shape and handfeel are subtly different as well between One and Series

The new Xbox controllers were just on sale for $60 CAD, so I'm sure they are cheap somewhere in the USA. Just get a new xbox controller in the colour of your choice and get back to gaming.

Gamestop had a bonus 50% trade credit on used controllers, might still be in effect.

I am using 15-year-old Xbox 360 controllers and they seem fine. Also a 2017 Xbox One controller.

TintoConCasera

The new Xbox controllers were just on sale for $60 CAD, so I'm sure they are cheap somewhere in the USA. Just get a new xbox controller in the colour of your choice and get back to gaming.

Gamestop had a bonus 50% trade credit on used controllers, might still be in effect.

I am using 15-year-old Xbox 360 controllers and they seem fine. Also a 2017 Xbox One controller.
I'm in Europe! Ended up getting another Xbox controller, hopefully this one lasts for more than a few years.

Also ordered some replacement shoulder buttons to try and fix the one that broke, so I have a spare controller.

Next time I might get an 8bitdo one.

The light bothers me, I get easily distracted by it lol
Ok, this is the weirdest thing I have read today so far. I didn't realize people looked at the controller while playing games.

Did you know there is a setting on the Xbox, maybe also in the accessories app on PC, to control the brightness of the button.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Ok, this is the weirdest thing I have read today so far. I didn't realize people looked at the controller while playing games.

Did you know there is a setting on the Xbox, maybe also in the accessories app on PC, to control the brightness of the button.
It bothers me too lol. I don't look at it while playing but, if you are playing in the dark and the light is on your peripheral vision, you are sure to notice it.

Sony was smart to put the DS4 light on the back of the gamepad.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
SDZCtWB.jpeg

szgZV1c.jpeg

How are the L1/R1 buttons on there? Are they real buttons, or are they “clicky” buttons like the Elite/Series controllers. Those always break on me.

Shakka43

How are the L1/R1 buttons on there? Are they real buttons, or are they “clicky” buttons like the Elite/Series controllers. Those always break on me.
It has micro-switch bumpers so like mouse clicky. I prefer them for their Dualshock 4/Dualsense similar shape and easy reachability.

So far (touch wood) I've not had a single issue across 3 Series controllers, whereas my 4 Xbone controllers all have issues.

Sorcerer

Ah! lol, same thing happened to me but kinda got used to it. Can be annoying when playing in the dark tho. :goog_relieved:

That's a good question man. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Aren't they the same? All it says is "Xbox Wireless Controller".

I don't get what's the deal with modern controllers. Sony's DS4, Xbox's, Nintendo's Joycons... all shit. In one way or another they'll all end fucked up.

Meanwhile my GameCube gamepad from 2002 still works like a dream.
Probably by design so you can buy new ones frequently. Many people still loyal to first party, why change? Notice none of the majors 3 seem to have any intention to move to hall effect/mechanical buttons. It's all third party. Xbox paints a new controller every month, you think they would start putting them in the controllers by now. They all must be aware that this is what consumers want.
Sony won't go hall effect but will glady sell you replacements for your Dualsense Edge which from what I understand, are impossible to get. Are people stocking up on spares or do the sticks on the Edge have real problems I wonder? Or is Sony holding back so you just buy a new controller, LOL!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom