• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that disappear from the radar

Shiggy

Jonnyram said:
What happened to:
Mother 3
It is announced for a release at the end of 2005 or later, but the director is really happy, that they can make it. No release is planned for Europe or the USA. I think they'll port it to the DS, because it won't sell well on the GBA, I think.

CVXFREAK said:
Factor 5's GC Exclusive
This was Pilotwings and will arrive on the Revolution (Nintendo Finland confirmed it in an e-mail)
According to their websites they're working on Next Gen games and on tools for the XNA.

Date of Lies said:
What happened to:
Game Zero
Didn't Hollis say, that it's a long-term project? Don't expect it before 2006 :D

aku:jiki

My F*cking Grandpa said:
It has been out in Europe for well over a year. Maybe even two? I just saw it in one of those "New boxarts" threads (for US release of course) a week or so ago, though.

Greenpanda said:
Fear Effect Inferno :(
Didn't Eidos (or whoever) make a statement about it not really being canned, but more put on hold for a while? Something to that effect, if I'm recalling...

Laurent

Hellraizah said:
What ever happened to Gotcha!, the paintball game from Take Two?
gotcha.JPG

Released...

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Quadrophenic said:
Is that Nintendo cat game you guys are talking about the Tom & Jerry-esque game for the N64? Catfunk or something?

edit: Catroots?
I'm pretty sure that this was never intended to be a full game, and was more of a demonstration of animation technology Nintendo was working on at the time. It may have been implemented in some games since then, but I don't know for certain.

Takosuke

Date of Lies said:
What happened to:
Flashback for GBA

As I already said on GAF, it was canned when Delphine Software International was sold to Doki Genki (they only kept the Motoracer licence)

Lakitu

st5fu
What the fuck happened to that game, called "Eclipse", that Kojima said he was working on, for Gamecube? Or was that just bullshit?

Acrylamid

I'd like to read something new about Mario 128 (/Marionette/100 Marios/Mario 256...) . Since Mario 64 II was rumoured I'm waiting for a new, real Mario game (Sunshine felt more like a spinoff than a full fledged sequel). Didn't Miyamoto already announce that EAD was working on a second Mario title before Sunshine was released? I'd like to hear some 'official' information from Nintendo as it seems to me that the game is only mentioned in interviews by Miyamoto and the rest of Nintendo doesn't even acknowledge it's existance.

EmSeta

Takosuke said:
As I already said on GAF, it was canned when Delphine Software International was sold to Doki Genki (they only kept the Motoracer licence)

We should all be glad. I had the misfortune of playing the leaked beta. It was atrocious, nothing at all like the original Flashback.

tt_deeb

Wasn't their suppose to be a Virtua Fighter RPG?

Almost anything Rare.

And although it came out in Japan I still want Magical Vacation for GBA!!

tt_deeb said:
Wasn't their suppose to be a Virtua Fighter RPG?

Yeah, it's Virtua Fighter: Cyber Generation. It's already been released in Japan and pretty much flopped, which is why you didn't hear much about it, I suppose.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Stage Debut?

Talent Maker 2 ---> Marionette ---> Stage Debut ---> Is probably now that new trademark Nintendo registered a few months back. Hibito Magic or something.

Yoshi's Story GBA

Nintendo was hoping to transform a Yoshi's Story engine demo into the full blown Yoshi's Story 64. Producer Takashi Tezuka confirmed they ran in to several technical hurdles. So looks like we got a cool different Yoshi game based off the same engine.

Didn't Miyamoto already announce that EAD was working on a second Mario title before Sunshine was released?

Nintendo has several GameCube projects being developed at every moment. But only certain titles at certain times get greenlighted into a full production game. So technically there is a Super Mario 128, Animal Crossing 2, Stage Debut, and several unnamed titles.. but it doesn't mean they will ever go into full production (at all or just on GameCube).

Cherubae

Mejilan said:
G-d damn. I just checked, and Wizardry GBA is STILL listed on Natsume's website, with translated pics and everything. Fuckers.

They've been sitting on Legend of the River King GBA for two years as well :( Seems they only spend their time translating HM games (and the upcoming Chulip, which came out in Japan in 2002)

Flynn

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Talent Maker 2 ---> Marionette ---> Stage Debut ---> Is probably now that new trademark Nintendo registered a few months back. Hibito Magic or something.

Nintendo was hoping to transform a Yoshi's Story engine demo into the full blown Yoshi's Story 64. Producer Takashi Tezuka confirmed they ran in to several technical hurdles. So looks like we got a cool different Yoshi game based off the same engine.

Nintendo has several GameCube projects being developed at every moment. But only certain titles at certain times get greenlighted into a full production game. So technically there is a Super Mario 128, Animal Crossing 2, Stage Debut, and several unnamed titles.. but it doesn't mean they will ever go into full production (at all or just on GameCube).

Thanks for the info -- those are all games I want badly.

Choplifter: Search & Rescue/Choplifter: Crisis Shield. It was supposed to be one of ASK's Air Ranger helicopter-sim games localized for US release under the Choplifter name, but it never seemed to have been released. half.com lists two different entries for it, with the publishers as Xicat and Capcom.

Top Bottom