• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you are buying between now and Halo 2...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
After much deliberation(lots of solid choices these next couple weeks), I am just going with this...

914836_20041018_screen002.jpg

DOA may not be among the upper echelon of in fighter geek circles, but it has that pick-up-and-JAM ethic that makes for easy bridges to cross when in the company of peers that don't post on gaming forums, plus awesome online support!

Ok, and yes boobies.

Otogi 2, AC5, Ultra BAM, Neo Contra...all get the waiting game.

October Release

1. Zelda II GBA
2. Metroid GBA

November Release

1. Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes NGC
2. Final Fantasy I & II : Dawn of Souls GBA

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I'm going to pick up these when the TRU sale starts:

DOA: Ultimate
R&C3: Up Your Arsenal
Pikmin 2
Donkey Konga
Paper Mario 2
GTA: San Andreas
Ace Combat 5
WWE Day of Reckoning
Pokemon Colloseum
Silent Hill 4
Killzone
KOF Maximum Impact

Alien Hominid (not part of the TRU deal since its only $30)

I trimmed my list down some because I know a lot of the games will drop in price early next year.

WTF JC? Where are you gonna find time to play all those???

Since Fable released, I bought:

MK: Deception
Midway Arcade Treasure Vol. 2
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO

And that's probably all I will buy since Halo 2 is just a few weeks away and all other games will collect dust at that point.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I'll be buying hundreds of games prior to buying Halo 2 most likely.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Uno Ill Nino said:
WTF JC? Where are you gonna find time to play all those???

Truth be told I already have a backlog. I'm buying them mainly for my collection right now. The Nintendo games take forever to drop so I figure paying $33 a pop is a good deal...especially since I won't have to track down a non-players choice version when those games actually do drop.

My goal is to hold off on buying any new systems until 2007. The only way I'll buy any of them sooner is if Capcom shocks me and releases SF4 before then. That should give me a good 1-2 years to catch up on my backlog. I do intend on playing and beating every one of the games that I buy.

MrparisSM

Banned
I'll likely still be playing Fable up until Halo 2's release, does that count? Also I've got DOAU pre-ordered. The Outrun 2 demo was pretty cool, so I might pick that up aswell....

Wufei

The only game I can think of that I HAVE to have, is DoAU.

EDIT: Forgot about the TRU deal. If I take advantage of that I'll get Paper Mario and another game.

Do The Mario said:
I’m not buy halo 2 at launch because I got an Xbox a month ago and im about to play halo co-op first!

not bad not bad, i like this guys style.

kuato.jpg

musstttt finish halo 1.... before .. reactor...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Final Fantasy I & II : Dawn of Souls GBA

Probably boxed copies of FF1-3 for Famicom

Probably it... I'm gonna hold off a bit, for my wallet's sake

Rodriguez

Just DOAU. I've still got to finish KUFTC, Simpsons Hit and Run, and X-Men Legends. I also want to unlock some shit in MK Deception and Amped 2. Of course, RTCW still gets the bulk of my gaming time.

signet

Otogi 2
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
OutRun 2
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Bard's Tale
InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Killzone
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
Jak 3(same week as Halo)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex(same week as Halo)

SyNapSe

signet said:
Otogi 2
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
OutRun 2
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Bard's Tale
InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Killzone
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
Jak 3(same week as Halo)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex(same week as Halo)

That's just being silly. lol Not that all those aren't potentially fun games, but c'mon.. there is no way you can fully enjoy them. Might as well wait to buy them once you have time, and save yourself some money.

signet

SyNapSe said:
That's just being silly. lol Not that all those aren't potentially fun games, but c'mon.. there is no way you can fully enjoy them. Might as well wait to buy them once you have time, and save yourself some money.

I hear ya. Not all of them are for me, but those are all my potential buys.

Gee...I do not know.
I might go buck nutty on $20 games during the TRS sale. Laying down about $120+ tax equals Nine $20 games,
Then I'll get Halo 2 and Echoes in Nov. and wait for the others to drop.
Even with the TRS thingie it still seems more reasonable to moi to wait for newer releases to hit $20 unless they are must play, since I already have a backlog because buy two full price get one free is still a bit more cash than three Platinumgreatchoicehits.
Yet, if I did belly up to TRS going for the full price titles, lets see... too many, so screw it...lol...
I should add, however, that I'll probably find a way to slip either Jak 3 or Snake eater into my grubby mits prior to christmas along with, say, Viewtiful Joe 2.

Im pretty sure GTA: SA will more than keep me busy until Halo 2 hits. In fact, I doubt Ill even buy Halo 2 on its release date. I really dont play more than one game at a time.

Spike

Mario Power Tennis - because the whole family wants it

I'd really like to get DoA:Ultimate, but I have to wait.

Top Bottom