• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: MGS Movies might get a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read this at gamespot. Apparently the Metal Gear Movies might turn into a game series. They just arent sure how they want to go about it. Chances are they'll go with some sort of stealth adventure title with a lot of solid gameplay. here's to keeping my fingers crossed. This is gonna rock!

GhaleonEB

I read they replaced the lead character with a moron early in one of the movies, pissing off all the fans. The same ones who now are looking forward to the next movie. I don't get it. It's like drooling for the next Star Wars movie, even though you know Jar Jar Binks is in it.

Kon Tiki

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I read they replaced the lead character with a moron early in one of the movies, pissing off all the fans. The same ones who now are looking forward to the next movie. I don't get it. It's like drooling for the next Star Wars movie, even though you know Jar Jar Binks is in it.

Actually it was closer to the 40 min mark. Most fans cheered when they found out he carried a sword.

Trevelyon

th_applause.gif
th_applause.gif
th_applause.gif

Rhindle

Awesome.

I quite enjoy the movies, even though for some reason they occasionally make you press some buttons to get the next scene, which is annoying.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
The Faceless Master said:
only one man can play solid snake...
ben affleck
Heee hee hee I would actually love to see this happen. Internet forums would go into a hysterical meltdown of half the people laughing and the other half going into hysterics.

The Faceless Master said:
only one man can play solid snake...
ben affleck

that got a chuckle. Haha. Umm they'd need an actor with a sexy bearded face. Can't think of any who'll be right - Thomas Jane already did Punisher ..

Eric Bana
Colin Farrel
Keanu
Brad Pitt
George Clooney
aragon from LOTR
oprah

id think sony fans would be secure enough NOT to reply negative to my trolls. MGS3 COULD suck, but its still going to sell gobs of copies and you guys will still be 'right' in your opinions. Why worry?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
It's less to due with the fact that they are Sony fans (or any console fan) and more to due with the actual person. To a lot of people MGS is a pinnacle and shouldn't be tampered with, nothing related to platform biases.

That reminds me; there was this one manager of a Game Stop here who got very angry whenever someone spoke ill of MGS in any shape or form. He went off the handle many times to his employees and customers when they were criticizing MGS2. I will never understand why or how someone can be that perversely passionate but you didn't speak ill of the man's Metal Gear in front him (and he was a big strong guy too). Of course he isn't a manager anymore as a result of things related to that nature.

EDIT: The man did have an AWESOME collection of Metal Gear related products. I think he owns every game both Japanese and American released so it was really important to him. He didn't just like the games but it was also his hobby.

Socreges

Banned
How stupid. Movie franchises NEVER make good videogames. MGS: The Game is doomed to fail.

FYI, Sony fans, those that would apply, are so far from secure.

Lakitu

st5fu
MrAngryFace said:
id think sony fans would be secure enough NOT to reply negative to my trolls. MGS3 COULD suck, but its still going to sell gobs of copies and you guys will still be 'right' in your opinions. Why worry?

No, it's not about that. It's about how fuckin' pointless this topic is.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Everything I know about life has come from the boss death scenes.

The dialogue in the MGS3 demo was beyond terrible. The conversation between "Boss" and "Naked Snake" was easily the worst writing I've read in a videogame in ages, and that's including Tales of Symphonia.

How this series has fans is beyond me.

belgurdo

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
The dialogue in the MGS3 demo was beyond terrible. The conversation between "Boss" and "Naked Snake" was easily the worst writing I've read in a videogame in ages, and that's including Tales of Symphonia.

Because Snake is "cool" and "badass"

Lakitu

st5fu
Drinky Crow said:

Edit: Heh.. way to edit my post. Patriot.. CENSORSHIP!! OMG!!

HE SMOKES A CIGAR BEFORE PARACHUTING LOL OMG now let's spend 50 codec screens explaining a retarded nickname and some childish observations on the cold war yay hrm hurf

longdi

Banned
Drinky Crow said:

I know how you feel. :( The dialogue, conversation and writing in MGS2 killed my love for Metal Gear. Its hilarious to see Hideous Kojima continually pride himself to spin such horse poo. I heard there is a third MGS movie in the making. Starwars > MGS.

Terms of Service:

B. Trolling

Trolling is considered to be the act of purposely being disingenuous to an active discussion. Negative commentary on given topics is by no means disallowed; however, such comments should attempt to be substantiated. No matter your supposed intent, if the forum administrators perceive you as a troll making unsubstantiated comments in an attempt to provoke the forum body, actions may be taken by the administrators.

Lakitu

st5fu
KilledByBill said:
Terms of Service:

B. Trolling

Trolling is considered to be the act of purposely being disingenuous to an active discussion. Negative commentary on given topics is by no means disallowed; however, such comments should attempt to be substantiated. No matter your supposed intent, if the forum administrators perceive you as a troll making unsubstantiated comments in an attempt to provoke the forum body, actions may be taken by the administrators.

Thank you. I find it hilarious that, an admin cares to edit my post to add further profanity and let a topic like this, full of trolling, slide by. How very proffesional!

Socreges

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
HE SMOKES A CIGAR BEFORE PARACHUTING LOL OMG now let's spend 50 codec screens explaining a retarded nickname and some childish observations on the cold war yay hrm hurf
Drinky Crow said:

I agree with you completely, even if you're trolling. Mentioned pretty much all of that before in some form.

Yet I'm still a fan. I love the gameplay. If the game had no story to it, besides an intro detailing your mission, I'd never quit playing.

Thank you. I find it hilarious that, an admin cares to edit my post to add further profanity and let a topic like this, full of trolling, slide by. How very proffesional!
It's always been like this. Just do the same and then complain that they set a poor example. ;)

I'm not normally one to take a stand against trolling but this is ridiculous.

I understand that being a mod is not easy, since people on this forum seem to enjoy trolling and insulting eachother fairly often but why are threads created specifically to troll allowed to continue. Threads about piracy are locked immediately so why was an obvious troll thread given a free pass. Because it was created by MAF, the fucking forum mascot? I call bullshit.

People will always try to push to see what they can get away with and if the mods let shit like this pass it just keeps getting worse.

Lakitu

st5fu
KilledByBill said:

I understand that being a mod is not easy, since people on this forum seem to enjoy trolling and insulting eachother fairly often but why are threads created specifically to troll allowed to continue. Threads about piracy are locked immediately so why was an obvious troll thread given a free pass. Because it was created by MAF, the fucking forum mascot? I call bullshit.

People will always try to push to see what they can get away with and if the mods let shit like this pass it just keeps getting worse.

IAWTP

Lakitu said:

KilledByBill said:

Heh.. You guys must be new.

jett

D-Member
Lakitu said:

Haven't you learned by now that this forum is run by hypocrites? :p

Heh.. You guys must be new.

I've been here since 2001 actually, though under several different names.

But that doesn't even matter, it doesn't take a forum veteran to question why bullshit threads like this are allowed so frequently. I'm not calling for bannings to be handed out, I just don't understand why mods don't simply lock them down soon after they are started (like piracy threads). That would seem to send the message that unproductive joke/troll threads won't be tolerated.

Why does a forum that's had a lot of trouble in the past with paying for bandwith allow this shit to perpetuate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom