• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

medrew

Oblivion said:
Matt's review is coming at 6: 30 Pacific.

Matt: I saw that score.
Matt: Er, let's just say I don't agree.

MATT IT'S ALL UP TO YOU NOW!

I take back everything I have ever said about Matt.

But only if it gets a 10. Zelda: Serious Business

andthebeatgoeson

Woohoo, 300+posts. Wiki am cry total.

Jeff Gerstmann is a well known rapist. I remember one night he tried to grab mine. I thought it would be love but all he wanted was sex. Why Gerstmann? Why? I tell you why. I had some creme-pie crumbles in my underwear

I'm pretty sure he's raped a baby or two.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
apart from the spoiler, the review was better written than the gamedaily one. I still dont agree with him but... gotta give him props for having an honest opinion of the game

8.8 is still a good score.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
zscreen003au4.jpg

NO GOLD DISC = 8.8

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
borghe said:
I think it is safe to say gerstmann doesn't want to do ANY video reviews for Wii games.

? I was just now looking for video footage of Jeff playing Zelda per your request. And there isn't one?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Some bitter fricken tears in this thread :lol

Just because theres fanboys for other games on that other board, don't take it out on the fans here on GAF. I beg of you hardcore Zelda fans

:3

ssoass

Some of you rabid fans need to chill the **** out.

"lawlz hes fat"
"lawls shitspot"

I mean, if you're going to criticize the score, at least try not looking like a GameFAQser.

Ark-AMN

Banned
This sounds more like Gertsman using this review as a soapbox for his complaints against the Wii and it's concepts (which he and the rest of Gamespot can't seem to grasp) rather than actually reviewing the game on its own merits.

Although, putting those big spoilers in the review really is a sad move by him.

I'm sorry that most of your preconceived notions of the game were apparently ruined. First of all, most of you haven't played the game to completion, so what the hell would you know. Secondly, and most importantly at all, if you read GameSpot's rating system, you'll notice that an 8.8 denotes a great score for an apparently great game. So what's the problem?

http://www.gamespot.com/misc/reviewguidelines.html

And personal attacks are a nice touch, by the way.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Oblivion said:
Matt's review is coming at 6: 30 Pacific.

Matt: I saw that score.
Matt: Er, let's just say I don't agree.

MATT IT'S ALL UP TO YOU NOW!
shit! listen matt. only you have the power to bring gaf down now! just do it! give less that 8.0!!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
jarosh said:
hay guys i hear he's FAT. lol
I would like to point out that my bitching has nothing to do with his weight. simply on watching him in the "wii got a wii" video. the guy looked like he thought using the wiimote was possibly the silliest thing he had ever done in his life and he was ashamed and embarrssed. If I mistook his joy and enthusiasm for shame and embarrassment, I apologize.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
I think the problem is with the scoring system, rather than the reviewer. Averaging the final score is never a good idea, and it's clear from Jeff's "tilt" score that he believes it worth more than an 8.8.

Beezy

From Wikipedia:

Vandalism

Why do/how can people hate this guy so much to repetedly vandalize the page? Yee Gods. Scoutersig 02:05, 18 November 2006 (UTC)

It's the recent Twilight Princess review.

More or less, he gave a less-than-perfect review for Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on GameSpot. The local Internet Tough Guys decided vandalizing Wikipedia would be sufficient revenge, I guess. Ledneh 02:07, 18 November 2006 (UTC)

HE GAVFE TP 8.8 HOW COULD YOU CONDONE THAT HUH!? ****IGN ARGH in b4 lock uh-oh

It's pretty funny what's happening. I found the score surprising, but I'm not going to be a jerk and vandalize the guy's Wikipedia article as an act of revenge.

BOOBIES!

GAF should unban FlameOFCallandor

:lol :lol :lol

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
What bothers me much more than the score is the casual way he mentions a late game weapon, one that noone has ever mentioned before. How come every other reviewer took effort to make sure nothing like that was spoiled? Was that too much of a tall order for Jeff? I dont understand, its like he did it on purpose. Especially since it adds absolutely nothing to his review. Just disgustingly sloppy, and it will affect my experience.

Ferrarisimo said:
I'm sorry that most of your preconceived notions of the game were apparently ruined. First of all, most of you haven't played the game to completion, so what the hell would you know. Secondly, and most importantly at all, if you read GameSpot's rating system, you'll notice that an 8.8 denotes a great score for an apparently great game. So what's the problem?

The problem is that this review is an outlier. Most times, statistically, an outlier is an error that is thrown out. /thread

IcedTea

ssoass said:
Some of you rabid fans need to chill the **** out.

"lawlz hes fat"
"lawls shitspot"

I mean, if you're going to criticize the score, at least try not looking like a GameFAQser.
2/10

ant1532

Banned
Error2k4 said:
apart from the spoiler, the review was better written than the gamedaily one. I still dont agree with him but... gotta give him props for having an honest opinion of the game

8.8 is still a good score.
Good score but not Zelda good.

Eh, thisis worst then his 10/10 Tony Hawk review.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
OpinionatedCyborg said:
Why don't you ask out friend, Jenga21?
It has become apparent that your account is only being used for vandalism, so it has been blocked indefinitely.
"Please stop. If you continue to vandalize pages, as you did to Jeff Gerstmann, you will be blocked from editing Wikipedia."

Pfft, I aint banned.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Jeff Gerstmann is a well known rapist. I remember one night he tried to grab mine. I thought it would be love but all he wanted was sex. Why Gerstmann? Why? I tell you why. I had some creme-pie crumbles in my underwear
Oh shit :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

binary

Ark-AMN said:
This sounds more like Gertsman using this review as a soapbox for his complaints against the Wii and it's concepts (which he and the rest of Gamespot can't seem to grasp) rather than actually reviewing the game on its own merits.

Did we read the same review cause I completely disagree?

Ferrarisimo said:

He gave his opinion. My anger is gone. That's that.

After having watched Gamespot's live Wii introduction segment, their credibility as game journalists was completely shot in my eyes. I wondered how people who were so clueless could review games, I mean there was a section where after obtaining the slingshot they completely failed to see the HUGE RED ****ING TARGETS up in the trees and wasn't until about 30minutes later where they even noticed them to shoot at. They took about an hour and a half playing what should have been 15mins of the game. Their credibility at that point was null and void.

Zelda: TP deserves the score it got. IMHO, the Zelda series is one of the most overrated series ever. Glad to see Okami and FFXII get better scores, which are better games.

chase

Oh, dear. You Nintendo fans are really too much. Don't you know, I say, don't you know that the proper way to approach this is to offer vague insults with uncommon words all the while maintaining that important, detached attitude. Emotional involvement = bad.

Come on, assimilate with GAF.

Like this:

Wikipedia said:
More or less, he gave a less-than-perfect review for Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on GameSpot. The local Internet Tough Guys decided vandalizing Wikipedia would be sufficient revenge, I guess. Ledneh 02:07, 18 November 2006 (UTC)

Ferrarisimo said:

Emobacca said:
Keep fighting the good fight!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
DONT WORRY GUYS, IM SURE IGN WILL GIVE ZELDA TP THE TRUE SCORE IT DESERVES

JUST LIKE WHEN IGN GAVE SMS A 9.4 AND THAT EVIL JEFF GAVE IT A 8

GO IGN GO IGN, DO US PROUD

Grecco

Gamestop officially looses all its credibility with me. Actually they lost it when they did that Wii Trainwreck show

lexi

Banned
Cerrius said:
DONT WORRY GUYS, IM SURE IGN WILL GIVE ZELDA TP THE TRUE SCORE IT DESERVES

JUST LIKE WHEN IGN GAVE SMS A 9.4 AND THAT EVIL JEFF GAVE IT A 8

GO IGN GO IGN, DO US PROUD

We get it already, stop using caps, you're funny.

IcedTea

Mana Knight said:
Zelda: TP deserves the score it got. IMHO, the Zelda series is one of the most overrated series ever. Glad to see Okami and FFXII get better scores, which are better games.
1/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom