• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
chase said:
Oh, dear. You Nintendo fans are really too much. Don't you know, I say, don't you know that the proper way to approach this is to offer vague insults with uncommon words all the while maintaining that important, detached attitude. Emotional involvement = bad.

Come on, assimilate with GAF.

You're equating GAF with emotional detachment? :lol What message board have you been visiting?

rod

Banned
hahaha@the score, i havent played much of it so i definetly cant say its way off or right or anything, but i mean judging from EVERY other site the game deserves at LEAST a 9. 8.8 is just funny :lol i bet if matt c gives it a 10 all the matt c haters will love him

Snaku

Banned
clearacell said:
ROOFLES I heard he knocked the controls because the Wiimote kept slipping out of his hands because they were greasy from all those CHEESEBURGERS olol

^ true story.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Snaku said:
Thought that was pretty cute, huh Gerstmann? Well guess what you rotund waste of oxygen...

1148273743005hs7.jpg
**** that, he's dead to me.

Honestly, that score is so obviously just sorry ploy for attention it's pathetic. Honestly, what is arguably the best game of one of the top 3 videogame series of all-time gets an 8.8?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
clearacell said:
ROOFLES I heard he knocked the controls because the Wiimote kept slipping out of his hands because they were greasy from all those CHEESEBURGERS olol

:lol

I'm no Nintendo fanboy, but I am a Zelda fanboy. I've read and analysed every single review so far of the game, and having played it myself with the Wii remote, I know that this game is excellent.

So when Gerstmann, who has shown so often that he has little interest in the Wii and motion-sensing controllers, gives the game 8.8 - suggesting it's worse than Wind Waker - gets on my nerves so much.

It's not his opinion that frustrates me, it's his entire attitude. He should never have reviewed the game. All of you saw him on On the Spot - the guy didn't even stand up for Wii Golf! And he had a look of disdain the entire time. I'm not going to take this review seriously, but god this guy annoys me.

The fact that the review is poorly written doesn't hepl either.

rod said:
hahaha@the score, i havent played much of it so i definetly cant say its way off or right or anything, but i mean judging from EVERY other site the game deserves at LEAST a 9. 8.8 is just funny :lol i bet if matt c gives it a 10 all the matt c haters will love him

Yeah. The only reason he gave the game that score was to get attention. Im certain that not every person that played the game liked it very much. So why didnt THEY give it a lower score too? He's like the kid that stands out from the crowd. 1+1=3 to him or something

Xeke

Banned
Mana Knight said:
Zelda: TP deserves the score it got. IMHO, the Zelda series is one of the most overrated series ever. Glad to see Okami and FFXII get better scores, which are better games.

Oh burn.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I'll never be able to hate GameSpot, not after the PS3 launch party feed they've shown yesterday

Ashodin

Maybe they'll take it down like 1UP did with the NWN2 review...

Nah... maybe not.

Jeff Gertsmann (sounds fatter that way) definitely needs to lose some gerts.

Drakken

EternalDarko said:
After having watched Gamespot's live Wii introduction segment, their credibility as game journalists was completely shot in my eyes. I wondered how people who were so clueless could review games, I mean there was a section where after obtaining the slingshot they completely failed to see the HUGE RED ****ING TARGETS up in the trees and wasn't until about 30minutes later where they even noticed them to shoot at. They took about an hour and a half playing what should have been 15mins of the game. Their credibility at that point was null and void.

Someone needs to make a video of this and Youtube it. I have the whole show downloaded; maybe I'll get to it later.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Mana Knight said:
Zelda: TP deserves the score it got. IMHO, the Zelda series is one of the most overrated series ever. Glad to see Okami and FFXII get better scores, which are better games.

Easy there, tough guy.

Cerrius said:
DONT WORRY GUYS, IM SURE IGN WILL GIVE ZELDA TP THE TRUE SCORE IT DESERVES

JUST LIKE WHEN IGN GAVE SMS A 9.4 AND THAT EVIL JEFF GAVE IT A 8

GO IGN GO IGN, DO US PROUD
If they raise the score, they will lose whatever credibility they have left, the cred they didn't lose for putting up that System Wars board.

This thread contains a unique mixture of Nintendo fanboys crying, neutral onlookers not knowing what to think, and Sony/MS fanboys claiming that this is the most truthful review this year.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Drakken said:
Someone needs to make a video of this and Youtube it. I have the whole show downloaded; maybe I'll get to it later.

Make sure to get the part where Jeff misses the same straight jump 3 times consecutively in the first village, falling into the water every time. Also, where he refuses to stand for wii golf/wii bowling, instead flicking his wrists to roll the ball then complaining that its curving every single time.

The guy has a beef with the Wii, everyone can see that. But why take that out on a game of this caliber? So embarrassingly juvenile.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
drinkycow>you

BRING BACK MAF!!!

JINX IS A CONEHEAD!

Honest to God. Get. A. Life. And move out of your parent's damn basement already! ferrarimanf355 02:31, 18 November 2006 (UTC)

lemeur is <19.... UNDER 19 !!!!!11

ZELDA TP > THIS FAT PIECE OF SHIT

JINX IS A CONEHEAD!

:lol

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Slurpy said:
Make sure to get the part where Jeff misses the same straight jump 3 times consecutively in the first village, falling into the water every time. Also, where he refuses to stand for wii golf/wii bowling, instead flicking his wrists to roll the ball then complaining that its curving every single time.

The guy has a beef with the Wii, everyone can see that. But why take that out on a game of this caliber? So embarrassingly juvenile.
because this needs to be quoted, re-read, and understood.

mCACGj

Damn it! I wanted to enjoy this game and play it too! I was really hoping I would have fun with it...damn you Jeff! Why do you make all the good games no fun anymore? An 8.8? I can't play that and have fun with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom