• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming on a Mac |OT| App Store, Steam and other downloadables

Chuckpebble

I got Shatter from the latest HiB, didn't work in Steam so I tried the DRM free version and it worked fine.

Right now, Trine and Trine 2 are on sale for 75% off in the Mac App Store. That's $2.99 and $3.99 respectively.

EDIT: No longer cheap.

Gintoki

Just downloaded Castle Crasher's demo from steam but for some reason it won't run. Does anyone have the same issue?

FrankCaron

Gold Member
Anyone had any experience with Rage: Campaign Edition? It's on sale this week for $15, and I'm pretty tempted. I know it doesn't have multiplayer, but the question is: is the campaign alone worth $15?

RBH

I have a 2012 13" MBA (i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD), and I've got this $100 gift card that I've held onto for awhile.

Any game recommendations from the Mac App Store?

I got Vice City to work pretty well now but now playing San Andreas I am back to square one.

Do I need to get a mouse for my Macbook the keyboard has no numb buttons :(
this stuff is crazy because this game is fun but losing because my controls are wacky

How did you end up getting Vice City to work?

Carlisle

I just noticed this gaming sale on the Mac App Store. Lego Batman 2 for $10 is the lowest I've seen it, so I'm thinking of jumping on it. Any idea how long this sale is going to last?

Carlisle

So I've got The Longest Journey on Steam on my Windows PC. And now I'm suddenly noticing that it's showing under my Mac games library when I open Steam on my MBA. But when I go to install it, it goes through the process instantly and then I get an error message when I try to play.

I'm having a small heart attack because getting a game like TLJ on the go with my Air would be amazing. Worst blue balls ever if this is a fluke. Or is the game really on it's way to SteamPlay?

Anyone else having it come up in their Mac library?

Zia

So I've got The Longest Journey on Steam on my Windows PC. And now I'm suddenly noticing that it's showing under my Mac games library when I open Steam on my MBA. But when I go to install it, it goes through the process instantly and then I get an error message when I try to play.

I'm having a small heart attack because getting a game like TLJ on the go with my Air would be amazing. Worst blue balls ever if this is a fluke. Or is the game really on it's way to SteamPlay?

Anyone else having it come up in their Mac library?

It's probably on its way to Mac. This happens often shortly before a Windows-only game becomes Mac compatible.

mrkgoo

I recently gave Mac AppStore gaming a go and played Tomb Raider. I enjoyed it so much I went and got Deus EX. Fantastic.

I passed up Bioshock for $5.

The ports I played were excellent. Very few complaints. Who else actually uses the Mac AppStore to game?

Top Bottom