• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gang Warfare in GTA:SA

Sorry if old. Courtesy of johnnyblades at IGN PS2GB via the new gameinformer

Basically, the areas where gangs are prevailent are indicated by their respective colour shading on the map. Entering the area of another gang will not immediately start a war, it will require a few shots fired for the map to flash red and the fighting to begin. Members of the opposing gang will then appear in "waves" (think Space Invaders), and if you successfully overcome all of the gang members, the area will be shaded to the OGF green on the map. However, you'll have to defend your turf in the same way, facing waves of enemies, at what should be expected as random intervals.

If you've been wondering how you recruit and control the other members of your gang, the wait is over. Finally, it was revealed that approaching a pedestrian who is attired in the green Orange Grove Families clothes and then targetting them with the R1 button will begin the process. The player then must choose to press either up or down on the D-Pad, and if you receive a gang symbol from your recruitee, they'll join your posse. Controlling those following you is simple, just target them with R1, and you can choose to have them defend you, attack opponents or follow you with the D-Pad. It really is that simple.

Slo

CAN I BORROW YOU COOLIO CASSETTE? I NEED TO HEAR ME THAT NEW GANGTAS PARADISE SONG, MANG

About time they added gang warfare. It's my hope they make it so the opposing gangs fight back and try to re-take zones, so it will be interesting.

Top Bottom