• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAP/Playstation Undergound members: Got a beta test email for "CRASH AND BURN"

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What the fuck is this game? I WANT GRAN TURISMO 4 DAMMIT

bn0804_crash.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Whatever it is, I think I'm gonna have to pass. I never heard of this game until I got this email

Wario64 said:
Whatever it is, I think I'm gonna have to pass. I never heard of this game until I got this email

I'm holding off too, I think we're in the same beta pool, heh. It's not really a clone, just a racing game that has explosions and crashes. I'm sick of the rice rocket racers anyway...

Bog

Junior Ace
Anyone else put that one of their favorite genres is racing just to hopefully get into the GT4 beta?

WarPig

Crash 'n' Burn is an Eidos game, developed by Climax. It's well-meaning, but it's kind of going to get annihilated by Burnout 3 and NFSU2.

DFS.

I reall want to be in the Killzone beta test...What is the closest place to the East Coast, that has received the beta discs so so far?

B'z-chan

Banned
seeing as this is developed by Climax my interest in this game has increased. I had no idea that if you sign up for a Beta you couldnt get into another one. (rethinks if signing up is actually worth it)

WarPig said:
Crash 'n' Burn is an Eidos game, developed by Climax. It's well-meaning, but it's kind of going to get annihilated by Burnout 3 and NFSU2.

DFS.

It's like, Crash & Burn is an unholy marriage of BurnOut 3 and NFS:U 2, and the game is the offspring. I don't remember seeing it much at E3, maybe because I was on such a BurnOut 3 high...

Spike

I was accepted into the GAP in June and am expecting some kind of package within the next week or so.

Can someone tell me what comes within this "package" they told me about?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Doom_Bringer said:
how do you get into PS2 betas?

Be a Playstation Underground member

Register your network adapter by using the disc that came with adapter (I think)

Go to your Playstation Underground profile and check the box "Yes I want to beta test games"

Spike said:
I was accepted into the GAP in June and am expecting some kind of package within the next week or so.

Can someone tell me what comes within this "package" they told me about?

They gave me a CD case binder thingy, paper to write notes down, and a pen

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Wait, you can only accept one beta? Or are you able to accept more after you accept one?

Oh and IGN though this crash n' burn game was pretty good, especially how the debris from crashes is left in the game throughout the whole race.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You can only beta test one game at a time. So during the duration for the 'Crash N Burn' beta test, you will be automatically ineligible for any beta test offers that arise in that time period. After the 'Crash N Burn' beta test is over, however, you're able to beta test another game (as long as you get picked)

This year alone, I've already been picked for the Resident Evil Outbreak and Hot Shots Golf Fore! beta...and now this

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gamer Advisory Panel is for Sony fanboys. Haha, I kid. It's just a group of people who got randomly chosen from the Playstation Underground pool. I don't think there's really any requirements to get into GAP except receiving an invite.

It's pretty strange though, I know someone that was invited into GAP but didn't own a PS2, nor did he sign up for Playstation Underground

Top Bottom