• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GBASP Puzzle Fighter thoughts and Puyo Fever for GBA...WTF?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
OK first of all lemme get this outta the way....Super Puzzle Fighter II for the GBA is the absolute BEST home port of Puzzle Fighter(besides the Dreamcast version ofcourse)!!!!!! I am utterly impressed at how well Capcom managed to squeeze nearly every detail of this CPS2 arcade puzzler into the GBA! All the character animations and voices have been beautifully ported over and don't get me started on the all the unlockables it has. This is a Puzzle Fighter fan's dream come true! A perfect port of an all time classic....IN YOUR POCKET and ON THE GO! Can't beat that!

Now that that's outta way, I have just poked around and discovered that Puyo Puyo Fever was released on the GBA. WTF? Is this game available in the U.S.? If so, why is there hardly ANY info about it on the web? Gamefaqs has like one review from some dude and that's IT! Was this a limited release or something? You'd think a popular game like this would've gotten more buzz being that it's on the GBA and can be played on the road for countless hours. Where's the fanfare?

Anyway I was wondering what you guys thought about Puyo Pop Fever for GBA and how well it plays in comparison to Super Puzzle Fighter on the GBA. Are there big differences between the Gamecube version and the GBA version?

If I enjoy SPFII how well will I enjoy Puyo Pop Fever?

I sometimes have a hard time distinguishing what color the blocks are in SPFII on GBASP's small screen....are the color of the blobs in PPF easy to see?

Gamefaqs also has Puyo Pop Fever listed for the DS as coming on 12/31/04. His this really been announced? Or is it an error?

Ryck

Speaking of Super Puzzle Fighter does anyone know where I can get a Playstation copy of it ? ( I checked Ebay and they are all 40+)

Ryck

Well it's less than forty, thanks for the link if I can't get it cheaper on Ebay Ill go the VGD route.

Jonnyram

isamu said:
Anyway I was wondering what you guys thought about Puyo Pop Fever for GBA and how well it plays in comparison to Super Puzzle Fighter on the GBA. Are there big differences between the Gamecube version and the GBA version?
I thought the GBA version was just ok. Couldn't enjoy it as much as the GC version, but in terms of a pocket Puyo Puyo, you can't go far wrong. Now I've actually thought about it, perhaps the previous Minna de Puyo Puyo was better...

If I enjoy SPFII how well will I enjoy Puyo Pop Fever?
If you just want a puzzle-dropper game, then you can't go far wrong with the Puyo Puyo series.

I sometimes have a hard time distinguishing what color the blocks are in SPFII on GBASP's small screen....are the color of the blobs in PPF easy to see?
Definitely! PPF has some of the most contrasting colours for this kind of game.

Gamefaqs also has Puyo Pop Fever listed for the DS as coming on 12/31/04. His this really been announced? Or is it an error?
It's 12/24 in Japan (there's been a PPF game out on the 24th of each month this year, except January!). The DS version allows 8 player battles!

jarrod

Banned
The GBA version of Puyo Puyo Fever is Japan only (as are the PS2, DC, Xbox, PC/Windows and Mac OSX releases). Only the GC version came here so far (in very limited release) but both the DS & PSP versions are scheduled for US release.

M3wThr33

Banned
I gave Puzzle Fighter 2 away to my sister. The greens and yellows were too close for mine eyes. :( Damn color blindness.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I wasn't too thrilled with the GBA port of SPF2T. Too much slowdown and too many fatal freeze glitches.

I think it would aso occasionally wipe my scores. Blah.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Mejilan said:
I wasn't too thrilled with the GBA port of SPF2T. Too much slowdown and too many fatal freeze glitches.

I think it would aso occasionally wipe my scores. Blah.

You got a bad copy of the game. Mine doesn't slow down and has never froze up on me once. It does suck that so many buggy copies of the game are out there though.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Quadrophenic said:
How is Puyo Puyo Fever different from Puyo Pop?

If it's like the GC version, the game is only 2P instead of four, has an uglier art style, and an added "fever" ability where you can quickly make Puyo chains to decimate your opponent. I much prefer the past Puyo games over Fever.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Lyte Edge said:
You got a bad copy of the game. Mine doesn't slow down and has never froze up on me once. It does suck that so many buggy copies of the game are out there though.

Is this a known issue?

Cuz I know that Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revival was a buggy as hell game also, it was known and acknowledged by Capcom, but they refused to do anything about it. Did they actually fix Puzzle Fighter?

Top Bottom