• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aspiring said:
Just a question about amazon. I ordered this along with forza 4 in the same order. Will amazon charge the whole amount or just charge me for gears 3?
I don't think they'll charge you for Forza 4 before it gets released because they sometimes change the price to a lower one before release.

Raide

Wooo Gears! I love Gears but won't be buying it on Day 1. Saving money to go on holiday, so Gears + Season Pass takes a chunk out of my savings. Hopefully people are playing Horde when I come back. :D

Nice OP PXG. Its delicious.

I honestly could not care less about the story in this/any other Gears game. I also don't see the appeal in Horde mode over VS MP. I mean, there's nothing like going up against human intelligence and skill in such a game. I'm open to Horde, though, so I'll give it a shot.

On a different note, could anyone hook me up with a video best showcasing the Retro nerf? Grazie!

Ken

Aspiring said:
Just a question about amazon. I ordered this along with forza 4 in the same order. Will amazon charge the whole amount or just charge me for gears 3?

Since Forza 4 doesn't come out the same day as Gears 3, they'll just charge you for Gears 3 when it ships next week.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Should I buy the regular or steelbook edition?

I've bought the previous two in limited so I have a steelbook for 2 and some weird metal box thing for the original.

Ken

Superimposer said:
Should I buy the regular or steelbook edition?

Steelbooks are cool but I just settled for the regular to save some cash and because I don't care much for the Adam Fenix MP model.

Also, looks like Amazon temporarily pulled their LE listing.

Pachterballs said:
$69 kmart australia starting the 15th. Just saw this on ecogamer.

http://twitter.com/#!/EconomicalGamer/statuses/113061993048588289

Wow, cheap :eek:

I wonder if there is a 24 hour kmart near me..

mocoworm

Can somebody please explain what adding the Gamertags in the OP will allow me to do, and why there are 3 of them. I know this sounds dumb but I haven't participated in GAF XBOXLIVE gaming before.

JTE4a.png

Raide

mocoworm said:
Can somebody please explaing what adding the Gamertags in the OP will allow me to do, and why there are 3 of them. I know this sounds dumb but I haven't participated in GAF XBOXLIVE gaming before.

JTE4a.png

Most were started during beta. It basically means you have 1 GT on your account where you can look at the friends and have 100 people playing Gears 3. :D

mocoworm

Raide said:
Most were started during beta. It basically means you have 1 GT on your account where you can look at the friends and have 100 people playing Gears 3. :D

So if I add all 3 I will have access to 300 GAF members to hook up with for gaming ? That is sweet !

Raide said:
Thanks for clearing this up! Will be adding it, and my username here is the same as my gamertag. I live in Norway, so I'm up for playing some mp for fun, I'm not a serious clan-type player though.

ch0mp

kaizoku said:
Even with the 25x XP and ticker horde how longs it take to get to level 100? Like 20+ hours? I think I'm only level 20 or so :(
I've gone from 3 to 41 in about 4 hours today.

Raide

ResidentDante said:
Thanks for clearing this up! Will be adding it, and my username here is the same as my gamertag. I live in Norway, so I'm up for playing some mp for fun, I'm not a serious clan-type player though.

Don't worry, there will be plenty of people playing all the different modes. Myself, I tend to prefer the Horde stuff because I don't take MP serious enough to get good at it. :p

mocoworm said:
So if I add all 3 I will have access to 300 GAF members to hook up with for gaming ? That is sweet !

Technically but you should really just go on 1 GT, since it clears spaces for other players. Hogging 3 slots is a big mean. :D

zlatko

Banned
What's this ticker horde mode stuff for Gears 2? Is that the fastest way to hit 100? I could grind a few hours if it's as fast as people are saying.

JimiNutz

Banned
FUCK YEAH, GEARS 3!!!
This franchise defines the generation for me. I wasn't even much of a gamer before the 360 launched but I saw a tech demo for Gears on some website and knew there and then that I'd get a 360. When the first gears came out it was probably the first game that I was addicted to, id just play it for hours and hours :)

This looks like it'll be a fitting end to the trilogy. Got my days booked off work and gonna fly that COG flag proudly when my epic edition arrives :)

Aspiring

ResidentDante said:
I don't think they'll charge you for Forza 4 before it gets released because they sometimes change the price to a lower one before release.

Ken said:
Since Forza 4 doesn't come out the same day as Gears 3, they'll just charge you for Gears 3 when it ships next week.

Thanks for the reply guys. I only have enough money for this and FIFA and was worried they would charge both.

Hixx

Can't fucking wait. Just a bit pissed Game cancelled my pre-order on sunday night without even telling me why. Gonna have to go with shopto, not as fond of their Baird skin though.

Can't wait to get the Gnasher going again... I imagine the Lancer will probably be my most used weapon in the first week or so though, got a feeling SoS/Retro combinations will be popular in the beginning.

I can't remember ever being so excited for a game's MP aspect, I'm usually a single player person but the beta was so good.

Addnan

HixxSAFC said:
Can't fucking wait. Just a bit pissed Game cancelled my pre-order on sunday night without even telling me why. Gonna have to go with shopto, not as fond of their Baird skin though.

Can't wait to get the Gnasher going again... I imagine the Lancer will probably be my most used weapon in the first week or so though, got a feeling SoS/Retro combinations will be popular in the beginning.

I can't remember ever being so excited for a game's MP aspect, I'm usually a single player person but the beta was so good.
You can have my Dom skin for your Baird! :p

-PXG-

If you're already on one of the Gears GAF tags, don't send a FR to another one. Give others a chance to join.

Skilotonn said:
Weeks? Hell no.

Max a week if you're good and go for points instead of finishing up as fast as possible. If you really wanted to, even if you're at level 1, you'd get level 100 in a week at 25x XP - you'd have to play a LOT every day though.
You can easily get 100k/hour with 25x XP. If you play Wingman, you'll be able to do 4-5 matches/hour. It's not that hard to get 100k in 5 matches. You only need ~730 points for 20k XP. That's not a lot.

Even if you aren't that good you can definitely get more than 700 points/game. Just stay back, shoot at everything you see (you get points even when they are killed by someone else), be ready to revive your teammate, try to get cheap kills etc.

But, going from 15 to 100 will take quite a while. You have to get almost 1 million/day to be able to reach 100 in a week. So that might require 10 hours every day unless you're good at the game.

-PXG-

100k/hour? You can do much more than that, especially if you're host.

Play Wingman and see how many points you can rack up per match. I've gotten 20-40k per match. Matches last 10-15 minutes, sometimes less.

EDIT

Xbox.com is being annoying. I guess they're doing maintenance. I can't log out. I need to see if people sent FRs to the GAF tags so I can add them :/

-PXG- said:
100k/hour? You can do much more than that.

Play Wingman and see how many points you can rack up per match. I've gotten 20-40k per match. Matches last 10-15 minutes, sometimes less.
Damn! I get 5000 to 7000. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a multiplier or something?!

Edit: I mainly get that in King of the hill mode btw.

I hope Zavvi get my preorder here on release day at the latest, day before would be even better though! Cannot wait for this game, been itching for the multiplayer for a couple of days now, going to be bananas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom