• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
CliffyB said:
Longer. And lovely OT.

We have a guy on here who posted at 11am that he was starting campaign, and finished around the 10 pm mark, and said he didn't play straight through. So I wouldn't be so sure about longer, perhaps 8-10 hours is accurate?

Granted, he did play on normal, but that's what "most" people will play on. "Most" being the casual fan base.

bumpkin

CliffyB said:
Longer. And lovely OT.
I love it when you talk dirty.

But seriously though, I'm so looking forward to this game, man! I don't normally watch American Chopper, but I saw the tweets about them working on a bike and had to tune in last night. So far it looks pretty freakin' gnarly. It should be interesting to see how it turns out!

I will neither confirm nor deny that I told my wife that I'd give my left nut to get a tour of Epic like they got... I'd also trade a lunch at Sonic sometime (well, the next time I'm down in NC). lol.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bumpkin said:
I love it when you talk dirty.

But seriously though, I'm so looking forward to this game, man! I don't normally watch American Chopper, but I saw the tweets about them working on a bike and had to tune in last night. So far it looks pretty freakin' gnarly. It should be interesting to see how it turns out!

I will neither confirm nor deny that I told my wife that I'd give my left nut to get a tour of Epic like they got... I'd also trade a lunch at Sonic sometime (well, the next time I'm down in NC). lol.

Arctic got a tour too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzN4CPgdSQ4

Grisby

Damn, I must have went to bed right before you posted this PXG. Anyways, great OT and can't wait!

GOW3 seriously has so much content. Gonna be playing this sucker for a while.

ultron87

Is two player still the max for split screen co-op?

Guess I'll have to make the difficult decision of which housemate to play co-op with one last time.

-PXG-

CliffyB said:
Longer. And lovely OT.

Oh, hello there. I barely recognize you without your bunny suit.

I'm sad I can't use this avy anymore :(

py8s6.gif
py8s6.gif
py8s6.gif
py8s6.gif

py8s6.gif
py8s6.gif

Narpas Sword0 said:
What's the point of these mega OPs if they are loaded with typos

People make mistakes? Sheesh.

I posted it late last night. I'm making changes and fixing errors, plus adding new content throughout the day.

Elginer

amazing OT, can't wait for Gears. Not that that huge of a DM player but I'm all about the horde. Add me for some co-op and Horde GT: Squallsan

ShaneB

Great OT, and great to finally have all Gears talk in one location again.

While I've been pumped for this for years, I realize my tastes in gaming have changed. I know I'll love the campaign and play the multiplayer plenty, but I doubt I've got the time to keep that skill level up.

Anyways, as I've said before, I don't really care much at all about ranked matches, will be fun to take part in 10 player Gears GAF lobbies.

A week.

I remember thinking March was far away when it was first announced, and here we are, a week from release in September.

Awesome.

An-Det

Great OT. Can't believe we are finally a week away. It seems like just yesterday I was setting up tournaments on campus for the Gears 2 release.

I know what I'll be doing this weekend. :) I cannot wait for Gears 3.

Haven't been this excited for a game in ages. Most releases have been "eh; I guess I'll buy that then"

-PXG-

Typos and errors have been fixed. Will upload in a bit.

I'll probably add avatars sometime later today. Other media might be tonight or tomorrow. Not sure when exactly.

-PXG-

ONLY SEND A FRIEND REQUEST TO ONE OF THE TAGS.

Do not send one to two, or all three. If you have, cancel/remove yourself off the list.

kuYuri

OT should have been DUDEBROS TO THE END. ;)
Even though the term is getting annoyingly overused.

Hyped, paid off at Amazon, my body is ready, etc.

Also, Savage Kanuts? lol

-PXG-

Strider2K99 said:
OT should have been DUDEBROS TO THE END. ;)
Even though the term is getting overused.

Hyped, paid off at Amazon, my body is ready, etc.

I better not see "dudebro" or any Uncharted/ Vanquish dumbassery in here. Fuck that noise.

CliffyB

Playah
If you've ever played a console shooter you should play this game on Hardcore. Casual is "content tourist" mode and Normal is still pretty easy.

CliffyB said:
If you've ever played a console shooter you should play this game on Hardcore. Casual is "content tourist" mode and Normal is still pretty easy.
Wasn't planning on anything else.

Well, Insane afterward, of course.

Addnan

CliffyB said:
Huh, I was planning on playing on Normal first time round, but if its really as you say then I think I will jump straight into Hardcore.

daedalius

Anyone have pictures of the Art book? Might need to find that on ebay after the game comes out; wish it came in the limited and not just the epic :(

-PXG-

Cliff, I might go the NYC event, but don't want to stand in line for hours doing nothing . Hook a brother up. I want to chill with Epic and live it up.

Did Will show you a poster called "Dedications & Salutations"?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait you have to unlock Insane don't you?

Gah and here I was thinking I'd do it on Insane the first time through.

-PXG- said:
Cliff, I might go the NYC event, but don't want to stand in line for hours doing nothing . Hook a brother up. I want to chill with Epic and live it up.

Also thinking about going, and I actually pre ordered at the Best Buy on Columbus Circle, which is not doing a midnight opening, and there's no information on how pre-orders are treated at this event.

gatti-man

In for super hype. Gears is my best series of this gen. Every iteration has been amazing and bar raising. Cant wait to see Epic raise the bar yet again.

Ballistik

I wonder what the probability is of the multiplayer screwing up on launch day with the amount of people trying to play. I'm assuming that there's a limit on the dedicated servers, and it'll switch to P2P for newer matches to avoid any kind of meltdown or something.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So any word on if any gameplay/weapon mechanics were changed from the Beta to final game?

And...most anticipated game of the last few years. I have been playing Gears (1) nonstop recently in anticipation for Gears 3. At least I know for a fact this won't be a disappointment like Gears 2 by virtue of the beta. If it's as fun as Gears 1 I'll be playing the MP for years and years.

-PXG-

Stat Flow said:
So any word on if any gameplay/weapon mechanics were changed from the Beta to final game?

And...most anticipated game of the last few years. I have been playing Gears (1) nonstop recently in anticipation for Gears 3. At least I know for a fact this won't be a disappointment like Gears 2 by virtue of the beta. If it's as fun as Gears 1 I'll be playing the MP for years and years.

Retro has a shit load of kick back. SOS/DBS doesn't down you anymore. It either kills you, or does damage. I think they lowered the amount of damage the Lancer does, not sure though. I think they decreased headshot damage for the HB. Gnasher is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom