• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gen Z reacts to Eminem.

clem84

Gold Member
This gave me a chuckle. It seems the shock factor when listening to Eminem goes beyond generations.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
gen-x reacts to anything / everything

tenor.gif

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
It’s truly disheartening to see just how many people chase notoriety showing themselves “reacting” to things in front of a camera, and how even the lamest one probably gets more of a following doing that than people doing real stuff.

Yes, there’s the old geezer in me being kinda depressed because I don’t do this, hence I don’t really exist. And I remember what a big fuss we’d make in the old days if we appeared on camera for the time of a question or two on live TV. Still… it‘s amazing that people buy that kind of equipment to film themselves cringing at songs from a quarter of a century ago. In my country, actual politicians send messages to the people via videos that don’t have a tenth of the production values of these “reaction” videos.

Dev1lXYZ

gen-x reacts to anything / everything

tenor.gif

Exactly. We tried to warn people when the participation awards started being given out to children, etc. When we got the ‘how dare you’ from society at large for speaking up about it, most of us knew society had jumped the shark and it would be only a matter of time before society collapsed into the hole they kept digging. Watch out for things like ‘Emotional Intelligence’ training, which is based on a theory by a quack from that grand era. It’s called manipulation and how to manipulate others and not feel bad about it. When your employer starts in on these trainings like ours did, say goodbye to that company.

Last edited:

Ownage

Gen Z reacts like there is something up their butt when a camera is looking at them.
When the subject knows there is a camera, the reaction video is staged.
Because they were taught to as that's their socially acceptable response. If no audience, they wouldn't know how to react. What a long road to social development they'll endure.

Haint

I can't even understand a single word of the lyrics, but wasn't that "wet ass pussy" song by big black woman #1 on a dozen different charts like 6 months ago?

Last edited:

Tams

Exactly. We tried to warn people when the participation awards started being given out to children, etc. When we got the ‘how dare you’ from society at large for speaking up about it, most of us knew society had jumped the shark and it would be only a matter of time before society collapsed into the hole they kept digging. Watch out for things like ‘Emotional Intelligence’ training, which is based on a theory by a quack from that grand era. It’s called manipulation and how to manipulate others and not feel bad about it. When your employer starts in on these trainings like ours did, say goodbye to that company.

Gen Z have the worst resilience. Unfortunately, Millennial idiots from my 'generation' are pandering to them.

The PM here in the UK had some nasty racist stuff said about him. They went on and on about whether it was okay to repeat the offending words.

And all I can think of is that pretty much the same was said to me when I was 14 and all I did was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, thought those who said it were ignorant idiots, and got on with my day. It hasn't caused me life long trauma or the like.

Last edited:

DosGamer

I wish I knew 15 years ago I could get millions of subscribers by watching literally anything and faking an orgasm on camera.
Aint that the fucking truth. I am guilty of watching reaction videos, but the concept is so simple yet when you think about it... its almost cringe in some aspects. Some of them like the old white dude that listens to 2pac and cries.... get outta here with that shit!

Braag

Dunno, feels fake. Even us as kids knew Eminem wrote a lot of shocking stuff (and still does) for shits and giggles. No way anyone can listen to that and be so shocked.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don't think these reactions are fake. I am sure a lot of zoomers haven't heard old Eminem, and yes they really are that sensitive and oversocialized. You and I listened to that song and thought it was funny (hearing it brings me back lol) but it was a different time. So the reaction to those old songs from sensitive, oversocialized zoomers does not surprise me. The reactions may be hamming it up for the camera but it is what they have been "trained" to do their entire lives.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

Gen Z have the worst resilience. Unfortunately, Millennial idiots from my 'generation' are pandering to them.

The PM here in the UK had some nasty racist stuff said about him. They went on and on about whether it was okay to repeat the offending words.

And all I can think of is that pretty much the same was said to me when I was 14 and all I did was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, thought those who said it were ignorant idiots, and got on with my day. It hasn't caused me life long trauma or the like.
We were called ‘slackers’ by the baby boomers so much that it became a badge of honor. Many of us were the result 1960’s culture and growing up in Reagan’s 80’s kind of fueled a counter culture that has stood the test of time. We didn’t protest because our parents warned us about what happened to them. We knew that the government was not the most moral from the jump thanks to many of us growing up with fathers and uncles that were in Vietnam. I mean when you hear about what they did to your own family and that the Social Security system was going to not be there when we were older, yet still are made to pay into it- why actually work yourself to death for a potters field grave?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

They are not, Gen z are normal people like every other generation, except poorer. It is just people wanted to be go viral that made them fake those reactions.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I don't understand how watching people make faces at things has become a core pillar of media.

As far as Em goes, I think what old heads maybe don't understand is that this old horrorcore stuff or even 90s gangsta rap fell out of favor not because it was "too edgy" but because it was kind of theatrical and silly. It was a very exaggerated style.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Ugh “reaction” vids. Everything from these vids to how people react on social media / forums in text form is all so fake and dramatized now.

daffyduck

As much as the Fine Bros and copycats were really annoying, the current gen of this stuff is even worse.

“Pro opera singer listens to the Beatles for the first time”. Sure.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bought the Slip Shady LP when I was 13. The guy at the checkout wasn’t going to sell it to me, but then he got my attention while I was walking out. It’s a great album. I also owned his D12 CD, so I don’t have to care about their opinions.

Hrk69

Gold Member

2nd single from the new album just dropped

Solid stuff. Can't wait to hear the album next week

Top Bottom