• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

mcz117chief

The dragon section where you are flying and shoot things? Copies Automata as well, there were never games before it that did the same thing.

I've actually seen someone say this on another site unironically.
Lol, now that is desperation.

edit: Top of the page, here we go!

GO GO BARON BUNNY!

21d744b5eddc43325bdd8a8851dc9822_4365212938430783670.gif

Last edited:

mcz117chief

I guess a little of this...

latest

Yes, I have seen it and let me tell you something. Do you know the manga Berserk? There is a guy, Guts, who has a massive sword and I, a few years ago, commissioned a weapon's smith to make it for me (wasn't that expensive really) and let me tell you, when you have such a MASSIVE sword you have a VERY limited range of movements (I also do other martial arts with swords aside from this memeing) and what both characters do with their huge swords is basically all you actually can do (aside from that "holster" animation, that would rip your wrist's tendons). And both characters can run, amazing :/

MagnesG

Banned
Okay I've found out the one that I've missed, one was below Cape Oath and another one on northwest of Strombearer Mountains.

Both didn't appear on radar unless you really got close vertically.

Saber

Both Kaeya and Noelle are on 60. Is starting to get harder, gonna explore and farm itens. Maybe today is the dungeon of the day to upgrade their weapons. At least Noelle refine is at max.

Fake

Gold Member
Almost like some folks start to play video games today.
Since 90 we have games that looks like another game.

Pejo

Like Saber said, if you need DOSH just farm the golden challenges. Mora, it seems, is one of the biggest hurdles. It is for me too, leveling up has become incredibly expensive.
Mora is definitely one of the biggest "endgame" hurdles right now. The other one is xp books once you start running out of chests. The respawnable chests are very stingy with xp books, but still give a lot of the weapon crystals.

One fix I've found for my Mora deficit is to sell off (destroy) all the white quality weapons and artifacts. They don't offer much when using them as fodder, and you can actually get quite a bit of fast Mora this way. Also, the respawnable chests seem to contain mostly white quality items (thanks MiHoYo).

I also found that the inventory limit number is a total fucking lie. I got to the point several times now where the game won't let me pick up any more artifacts until i get rid of some, despite only being at around 8000/30000 full on "load" in the inventory screen, whatever that number actually means. Kinda bullshit honestly, i wasn't expecting to have to deal with that. Since leveling artifacts is so random and expensive, I've been keeping mine at +8 until I can get more purples/golds.

MagnesG

Banned
Mora is definitely one of the biggest "endgame" hurdles right now. The other one is xp books once you start running out of chests. The respawnable chests are very stingy with xp books, but still give a lot of the weapon crystals.

One fix I've found for my Mora deficit is to sell off (destroy) all the white quality weapons and artifacts. They don't offer much when using them as fodder, and you can actually get quite a bit of fast Mora this way. Also, the respawnable chests seem to contain mostly white quality items (thanks MiHoYo).

I also found that the inventory limit number is a total fucking lie. I got to the point several times now where the game won't let me pick up any more artifacts until i get rid of some, despite only being at around 8000/30000 full on "load" in the inventory screen, whatever that number actually means. Kinda bullshit honestly, i wasn't expecting to have to deal with that. Since leveling artifacts is so random and expensive, I've been keeping mine at +8 until I can get more purples/golds.
What do you mean by "white quality"?

GAMETA

Banned
So not only it blatantly copies BotW visuals and exploration mechanics, it also steals animations and concepts from other games. I bet there's more to uncover.

Not even the virtual world escapes from the copy machine, huh?

Pejo

What do you mean by "white quality"?
I think Pejo means the 1 star artifacts
Yep, 1* artifacts and weapons, I sell them both now instead of enhancing with them just because they're worth more as Mora instead of fodder. Once you get to a point that the majority of chests you open are the respawnable type, you get flooded with 1* shit.

Pejo

So which "elite" boss (the large ones) gives you guys the most trouble? Pre-world level 3 it was the wolf, now it's the water boss. Particularly the damn water sparrows or whatever the birds that do the splat move are. The telegraphed splash zone of their attack is actually much smaller than the real AoE reach and it fucks me up all the time.

Also, I'm not sure how they expect you to do the puzzle in the marked location without rolling a second wind character.

JbyYfCB.png

As far as I can tell
you had to have the MC as Geo and lay an egg on the switch in the basement to open the hatch, then run up and activate the top wind switch with an Anemo character (can't be the MC), and then drop through the hole and hit the other Anemo switch in the next room. The weighted switch won't activate with Amber's bunny sitting on it, which is usually how I get around those switches. Luckily(?) I rolled Sucrose so I was able to do it with her and the Geo MC.

MagnesG

Banned
So which "elite" boss (the large ones) gives you guys the most trouble? Pre-world level 3 it was the wolf, now it's the water boss. Particularly the damn water sparrows or whatever the birds that do the splat move are. The telegraphed splash zone of their attack is actually much smaller than the real AoE reach and it fucks me up all the time.
What's your strategy for defeating Wolf if I may ask?

Saber

For me by far...I think the Frost plant.
Is not that the boss is difficult(Amber and the spear girl do massive damage on it), but there are some annoying attack patterns. The frost beam I still haven't figure out myself how to evade. The ice ground is annoying too since it limits your safe ground(and by making you closer to it, you're open to his spin attacks) and its hard to notice that you're taking ice damage.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
For me by far...I think the Frost plant.
Is not that the boss is difficult(Amber and the spear girl do massive damage on it), but there are some annoying attack patterns. The frost beam I still haven't figure out myself how to evade. The ice ground is annoying too since it limits your safe ground(and by making you closer to it, you're open to his spin attacks) and its hard to notice that you're taking ice damage.

Pejo

What's your strategy for defeating Wolf if I may ask?
Well my "main" team for all challenging content is the same always, it's Razor (main dps and running stamina), Amber (for fire arrows and gliding stamina), Lisa (backup DPS and completes the lightning elemental boost for party), and Barbara (healer and applies water element).

For the first phase of the fight, he AoE's physical damage dealers every time they get close, so I just hang back, and constantly (as fast as cooldowns allow) swap between lisa and Barbara spamming the normal attack button. Every other hit applies either electric or water, so you get those elemental effects which cause huge damage over time. If one or both of them get hit, I hit Barbara's elemental skill which kinda sucks for this fight since it applies water to your character and can freeze you, but it also does great heals on its own and any normal attack done by Barbara during her skill auto heals the party. But anyways, just mash attack with those two and keep swapping back and forth, he melts quickly.

After he does the anime circle run/charge part, he doesn't AoE physical damage dealers anymore, so I just go balls in with Razor on that phase and heal with Barbara as needed, or back off and do more elemental swapping with Lisa/Barbara.

MagnesG

Banned
Well my "main" team for all challenging content is the same always, it's Razor (main dps and running stamina), Amber (for fire arrows and gliding stamina), Lisa (backup DPS and completes the lightning elemental boost for party), and Barbara (healer and applies water element).

For the first phase of the fight, he AoE's physical damage dealers every time they get close, so I just hang back, and constantly (as fast as cooldowns allow) swap between lisa and Barbara spamming the normal attack button. Every other hit applies either electric or water, so you get those elemental effects which cause huge damage over time. If one or both of them get hit, I hit Barbara's elemental skill which kinda sucks for this fight since it applies water to your character and can freeze you, but it also does great heals on its own and any normal attack done by Barbara during her skill auto heals the party. But anyways, just mash attack with those two and keep swapping back and forth, he melts quickly.

After he does the anime circle run/charge part, he doesn't AoE physical damage dealers anymore, so I just go balls in with Razor on that phase and heal with Barbara as needed, or back off and do more elemental swapping with Lisa/Barbara.
When can I expect this to happen? Any indicators? Maybe when his health is halved?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I just got on his face and attacked like a moron until he died.

Neolombax

I think I'm deleting the game soon. The gacha rates are too low for a F2P player like me. Its a fantastic game, but I'm getting tired of playing with heroes I have no interest in and sick of getting weapons in a gacha pull. Not to mention it takes a while to amass the gacha currency. I'm almost certain that you can get through the story content with any team combination, its just that the game requires a lot of time investment and I don't feel like grinding content with my current team.

If only this game was released as a full priced RPG without the gacha mechanics, would have been an amazing package.

Pejo

I think I'm deleting the game soon. The gacha rates are too low for a F2P player like me. Its a fantastic game, but I'm getting tired of playing with heroes I have no interest in and sick of getting weapons in a gacha pull. Not to mention it takes a while to amass the gacha currency. I'm almost certain that you can get through the story content with any team combination, its just that the game requires a lot of time investment and I don't feel like grinding content with my current team.

If only this game was released as a full priced RPG without the gacha mechanics, would have been an amazing package.
What if it launched as a 60 dollar game, but the only 4 playable characters were MC/Amber/Lisa/Kaeya? Isn't that basically the same thing?

*edit*

The minmaxers have done their thing, welcome to your daily grind post 30.

ns6h90cfmxr51.png

Last edited:

Neolombax

What if it launched as a 60 dollar game, but the only 4 playable characters were MC/Amber/Lisa/Kaeya? Isn't that basically the same thing?

What I meant was, if the other characters were recruitable along the way, same as any other rpg's.

I think for Genshin Impact, as an RPG of sorts, each character has limited movesets/abilities which was meant to be compensated by the many different characters, hence why the character switching mechanic is an important part of this game.

If the game launched as a full RPG with 4 characters only, then these 4 characters really need more depth to them.

Pejo

What I meant was, if the other characters were recruitable along the way, same as any other rpg's.

I think for Genshin Impact, as an RPG of sorts, each character has limited movesets/abilities which was meant to be compensated by the many different characters, hence why the character switching mechanic is an important part of this game.

If the game launched as a full RPG with 4 characters only, then these 4 characters really need more depth to them.
Yea that's fair. If it was just those 4, you'd need probably a light/heavy attack separation, some combos, unlockable moves as you level up. I get what you're saying. You can always come back after the next story chapter drops too, I'll admit, as a hardcore player the past week, even I'm running out of things to do that I feel like doing. The Resin gate is the worst part by far.

Also, it looks like the MMD community got their hands on the Genshin models. Expect to see lots of this in the coming weeks:

YukiOnna

Yea that's fair. If it was just those 4, you'd need probably a light/heavy attack separation, some combos, unlockable moves as you level up. I get what you're saying. You can always come back after the next story chapter drops too, I'll admit, as a hardcore player the past week, even I'm running out of things to do that I feel like doing. The Resin gate is the worst part by far.

Also, it looks like the MMD community got their hands on the Genshin models. Expect to see lots of this in the coming weeks:

Now to wait for Keqing and Amber dance

Larxia

So, after about 50 hours, reaching AR 25 and completing everything in the first region outside of chests, I decided to finally go in the 2nd region, and... I really like it a lot less so far.
It's the first time I feel kind of bored and annoyed in the game, which isn't a good sign for me.

I loved the first area, but this one is really tedious.
It was already annoying having to switch a party member with amber all the time for puzzles in the first region, but now the 2nd region rellies heavily on the geo element, which is an element that I don't really undesrstand, it feels useless and weird. So on top of amber, I also now have to switch another party member to a geo character for these puzzles. The main character can switch to geo, so I did that, but I noticed that there are still puzzle that need wind, and my only other wind character, sucrose, is sent on an expedition for 20 hours right now... So I have to place markers on the map to come back later, which is annoying.

There also seem to be a lot more ennemies, and the ones with the rock shield are super annoying for me because I don't use any 2 handed weapons characters, I would maybe if I had dulic, but I don't like the one I have with 2 handed weapons, too slow. The wood shield were already annoying me before because I had to use amber, but this is even worst.

The element system was cool at first, but now it seems like it's going to be very annoying for me, as I have to play with characters I don't really like to have a smooth exploration, otherwise I have to switch my team every 30 seconds. There are also more ennemies using magic shields, like these hunter / knights, who use fire, electricity and water shield, and if you don't have the good characters in your team before the combat starts, you are in for a 5 minutes long tedious combat.

I don't know... I really really liked the game so far, a lot, but this here really killed the fun for me.
Also I don't understand the geo power of the main character, these balls seem very useless.

Fake

Gold Member
Beat every boss. Amber kill the Wolf quite easy and safe.
Actually every boss besides the Fire Plant Amber kill.

Fake

Gold Member
How long do you take to beat one.

Between 1 minute or more, depending how much critical strikes happen.
Some bosses after hit on the weak spot get stun, so I change my char and make a combination of full burst plus element reaction.

I recommend the follow element reactions:
Water with Lightning.
Frost with Lightning.

MagnesG

Banned
Between 1 minute or more, depending how much critical strikes happen.
Some bosses after hit on the weak spot get stun, so I change my char and make a combination of full burst plus element reaction.

I recommend the follow element reactions:
Water with Lightning.
Frost with Lightning.
So what did Amber do besides stuns? How do you stun Wolf for example?

Is this game worth playing at all if you don't plan to spend lots of money on microtransactions?

I thought this was a good question, so I added this section to the OP. For anyone who has played the game more than I have, if you feel any of this is incorrect, please let me know:

Is this game worth playing at all if you don't plan to spend lots of money on microtransactions?

What you can do for free without much / any grinding:
  • Fully explore both of the very large areas of the overworld currently in the game.
  • Unlock five characters, each with access to one of the five elemental abilities that you'll need to unlock every chest and solve every puzzle.
  • Enjoy the main story campaign and many various side quests.
  • Use given resources to level ONE character and their weapon considerably more than the rest of your team.

What you'll likely need to grind a bit for:
  • Continuing to level characters after the resources from the main campaign have been exhausted.
  • Reaching the level cap with any of your characters or their weapons.
  • Slowly gathering the resources to continue to use the Gacha system.

What money can buy get you:
  • $5 - Blessing of the moon - A small amount of Gacha roll currency each day you log in. You're paying money for a small login reward.
  • $10 - Battle Pass - Lots of extra resources and your choice of a weapon once you've reached level 30 of the battle pass.
  • Crazy whale money - You can spend $500.00 of real money, and that amount would still only guarantee one 5 star character, due to the pity system. More on the exact rates later, but you don't need 5 star characters to play this game effectively.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
So what did Amber do besides stuns? How do you stun Wolf for example?

He charged attack do a lot of damage and leave the target burn. Her burst taunt enemies after a limited time explode causing fire damage and ult she shoot a fire arrowstorm that leaves the target burn as well. Just keep shooting at the weak spot.
The only downside of Amber is her basic attacks. Are totally trash.

Now, Wolf boss is more like an exclusive boss, so he is immune to some effects on the game, not to mention he change his element to trick players, so Amber is really not a recommended char for beating him. If one of your chars is making a good damage on him, use others just for burst. The girl with spear, her ult make a spear cicle aroung the char, but the skill keep even when you trade your char. Use this when he still on frozen element.

I like playing with her for safety zone. If you don't have much pattient for her, just use her abilities to get people burn and then change quick to other char. Make sure to leave enemies burn before change to another char.

Last edited:

Pejo

He charged attack do a lot of damage and leave the target burn. Her burst taunt enemies after a limited time explode causing fire damage and ult she shoot a fire arrowstorm that leaves the target burn as well. Just keep shooting at the weak spot.
The only downside of Amber is her basic attacks. Are totally trash.

Now, Wolf boss is more like an exclusive boss, so he is immune to some effects on the game, not to mention he change his element to trick players, so Amber is really not a recommended char for beating him. If one of your chars is making a good damage on him, use others just for burst. The girl with spear, her ult make a spear cicle aroung the char, but the skill keep even when you trade your char. Use this when he still on frozen element.

I like playing with her for safety zone. If you don't have much pattient for her, just use her abilities to get people burn and then change quick to other char. Make sure to leave enemies burn before change to another char.
Amber could be buffed so easily to become a good character if there was a way to make her normal attacks have the fire element. Even if it was like a constellation 6 skill, it would make her go from "eh" to extremely usable. Alternatively, if her Baron Bunny was immobile once set (in other words enemy attacks couldn't move it), or even if the blast radius doubled. Her elemental burst sucks, but at least it does its job of setting an area on fire. My main problem with Amber after keeping her in my party for so long is that she can't really quickly apply the fire status unless her burst is up.

Top Bottom