• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands beta sets new Ubisoft record with 6.8m players

chadskin

// Mod Edit:

Other betas:

Ubisoft:
For Honor: 6 million
The Division: 6.4 million

Other Publishers:
Battleborn: 2 million
Destiny: 4.6 million
Star Wars: Battlefront: 9.5 million
Overwatch: 9.7 million
Battlefield 1: 13.2 million

// Original Post:

The recent beta phases for Ghost Recon Wildlands gave players a taste of what it'll take to fight the Santa Blanca drug cartel in the Bolivian wilderness, and as it turned out, a lot of you were eager to squad up and hit the ground. More than 6.8 million of you, to be precise, breaking Ubisoft's previous beta records – but that's not the only impressive statistic coming out of the closed and open betas. More than two billion minutes were played, and more than 60 percent of all players played in co-op (Ghost Recon Wildland supports both solo and cooperative play for a team of up to four Ghosts).
http://blog.ubi.com/ghost-recon-wildlands-betas-break-ubisoft-records/

grw_infography_beta.jpg

I absolutely love these 'beta results' images. Didn't play the beta, I probably should have as this game looks pretty cool.

60% doing co-op is a pretty amazing stat

That means 40% were essentially playing a different game. There are a lot of issues with Wildlands as of the closed and open betas. But playing this game solo is missing so much of the appeal. This game was clearly designed as a co op shooter first and a solo game with AI squad members second.

Bread

Banned
why did they use a period that looks like a comma in the first graphic and then use commas that look like periods in the rest

6,83 million people played while 34.295.124 hours were spent?

I'm having doubts about whether to cancel or not. I'll have no friends to play it with. i have Zelda coming. I have Wars 2 to play. I didn't give the beta a proper chance.... but its ghost recon and I love the slower paced methodical way of playing the series..... I'm so conflicted

arcticice

Game is a lot of fun in co-op. But i wouldn't recommend it to anyone going solo. Game just isnt made for that. At least that's how i felt

Top Bottom