• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
> B games aren't defined by their quality
> that game was too good/bad to be an A/B game
> this is about marketing and public mindshare
> we don't know if it's a B game yet because it's not out even though we've seen its marketing for months

I've completely fallen out of this conversation.

How is it that everyone forgot the actual definition of what a B game is? B stands for Budget. Period. It always has and always will. The fact that people keep debating it is insane to me. if you played games any time before the middle tier games went away (around 2010) then you know this, everyone knew this.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Is Dan unaware that PC gaming magazines existed?

In a surprise move Dan is unaware of something not in his tiny bubble of the world.

The whole discussion was asinine. B-games are defined by budget pure and simple. AAA Games are ALSO defined by budget. The values those levels were set at varied over time but is and always will be based on money. Not copies sold, money put into development (you can argue marketing counts for this too).

killroy87

I feel like Dan is just incredibly out of touch with PC franchises, due to being a self-professed console gamer growing up. Command and Conquer was a huge franchise, he's fucking nuts.

Phatmac

I feel like Dan is just incredibly out of touch with PC franchises, due to being a self-professed console gamer growing up. Saying Command and Conquer was a huge franchise, he's fucking nuts.
He probably thinks of them as nerd games which he considers niche when fucking StarCraft of all games created a gaming culture for a whole country.

TraBuch

Banned
Alright, this is probably a little too serious for this topic but I'm gonna post it anyway.

Yesterday morning, I posted a vague goodbye fully intending on ending my life. Stress was getting to me and I was kinda freaking out. I pulled a gun on myself and eventually cops were called and I was basically in a standoff for two or so hours. It was actually on the local news, some news douche was Facebook Living the entire thing. Looking back, I'm a fucking idiot and regret what I did. I took two bean bag bullets to my legs and they fucking hurt. I'm currently in a mental health facility, not a hospital or anything, but a house with other people with mental disabilities and counselors. I'm actually not gonna be here too long, only until early next week, because it was just a spur of the moment freakout and not a depression thing that's been going on for years and years. I just read all your posts responding to mine and just wanna say thanks for worrying, it feels good to know that people, even if they're strangers on the internet, actually care.

So yeah, tl;dr, I'm still alive. Thanks for caring. See y'all later.

Alright, this is probably a little too serious for this topic but I'm gonna post it anyway.

Yesterday morning, I posted a vague goodbye fully intending on ending my life. Stress was getting to me and I was kinda freaking out. I pulled a gun on myself and eventually cops were called and I was basically in a standoff for two or so hours. It was actually on the local news, some news douche was Facebook Living the entire thing. Looking back, I'm a fucking idiot and regret what I did. I took two bean bag bullets to my legs and they fucking hurt. I'm currently in a mental health facility, not a hospital or anything, but a house with other people with mental disabilities and counselors. I'm actually not gonna be here too long, only until early next week, because it was just a spur of the moment freakout and not a depression thing that's been going on for years and years. I just read all your posts responding to mine and just wanna say thanks for worrying, it feels good to know that people, even if they're strangers on the internet, actually care.

Hey man, I think I speak for all of us in this thread and GAF as a whole when I say that we're just glad you're ok. I hope you get the help you need and if you ever need anything we're here for you.

We're here for you TraBuch. All of us. Whether its a tweet or PM away, never be afraid to talk.

Glad youre alright and glad nothing worse happened, buddy.

Giganteus

Hey, glad to hear you're alright and seeing you posting. I've been there, so I get it. You've got friendly people here to talk to.

<3

Take care of yourself buddy. I'm so happy you still around.

Strax

Who's your Giant Bomb Dad?

0uVP7go.gif

Stay fresh

Take care of yourself TraBuch. If you ever need someone to talk to, play games with, whatever, feel free to reach out. I'm really happy to hear you're ok, truly.

I'm glad you're talking about it with others which is like the first step towards feeling better. We've all been there when we feel things are closing in on us and it feels like nobody would be there for us but look around you and you'd find most people are willing to help and can relate. I am glad that the thing you were doing didn't come to fruition because that would have made me sad and upset. Please take good care, we're all here for you. Feel free to shoot the shit as always here with us or on Twitter if you want to contact me personally as well as the PMs on here. I'm more than willing to help and be there regardless of the situation.

We're all on this rollercoaster called life. Best of luck and hang tight. <3 Everything's going to be ok in the end, you just got to be very patient so keep strong.

Take care of yourself, friend.

Vinter

Glad to see you are alright man. Take care <3

Volotaire

I'm glad you're ok dude. You're always welcome back in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom