• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
The soldiers were largely unimportant lackeys so it felt like I was killing minions. This didn't hit me the same way it apparently did with the chat. I found it to be a memorable and silly metal gear moment though. I still occasionally tell people they're a diamond when they do me a favor, so it left some sort of mark lol.

The ashes thing is legit hilarious.

yeah, i felt nothing doing that section except "i wonder how this will affect my deployments."

I did like that scene with the ashes, though. It's one of the only scenes in the game that kinda resonated a bit with me because it wasn't really pervy and actually developed snake a bit as a character.

not that Kojima did anything with that development but that's par for the course with him

jaina

It really annoyed me that such a late game cutscene like this right now already was in the trailers.
And because the trailer is without Huey, I prefer it.

neshcom

Banned
Emmerich seems so so so incredibly dumb in this scene. "They were your men!" Dude, did you not get the whole "infectious parasite that'll spread globally" bit?

Seriously, imagine what MGSV could've been if they made it an actual Metal Gear game. With a story and shit.

It's easily my favorite MGS game, so I don't know that I'd want too much more stuff that people consider true to Metal Gear. Man, though... Huey was just really awful. I don't know if they were trying to make him out to be a terrible person, but you really go from feeling sorry for him to thinking that he needed the crap kicked out of him.

Emmerich seems so so so incredibly dumb in this scene. "They were your men!" Dude, did you not get the whole "infectious parasite that'll spread globally" bit?

Yeah, the way they try to position this as some sort of path to darkness moment for Big Boss via Huey's commentary is weird as hell. Never made much sense to me.

Yeah, the way they try to position this as some sort of path to darkness moment for Big Boss via Huey's commentary is weird as hell. Never made much sense to me.

I think it's actually (End of Game spoilers)
that he was ready to take the role of the bad guy similar to The Boss. He assumed the role of evil Big Boss and was prepared for people to hate him.

def sim

yeah, i felt nothing doing that section except "i wonder how this will affect my deployments."

I did like that scene with the ashes, though. It's one of the only scenes in the game that kinda resonated a bit with me because it wasn't really pervy and actually developed snake a bit as a character.

not that Kojima did anything with that development but that's par for the course with him

It's a good scene, but mixed with Huey's everything along with rubbing the ashes of irrelevant soldiers, it felt hollow and goofy to me. As Jim said above, it wasn't earned. It's a bummer.

popo

You know Dark Souls has gone mainstream when they advertise it over the tannoy in ASDA. I remember when that shit was cool.

Not really, Huey was just being a dick. He's lied, so him telling the boss 'they were his men' is nothing but a stinger towards the boss. Huey is simply 1-upping the boss by being the dick.

It's not commentary on the boss becoming evil, it's commentary of how Huey always preemptively accuses when he knows he's doing something bad.

yami4ct

Not really, Huey was just being a dick. He's lied, so him telling the boss 'they were his men' is nothing but a stinger towards the boss. Huey is simply 1-upping the boss by being the dick.

It's not commentary on the boss becoming evil, it's commentary of how Huey always preemptively accuses when he knows he's doing something bad.

I think it's clear post-MGSV (And really, all the way back to MGS3), that Kojima can't fully commit to Big Boss being evil anymore. He wants him to be seen as the misunderstood hero who ended up doing bad shit for his ideals. Even if the things BB is doing are really messed up, it seems like a side effect and less like Kojima actually intending to paint him as the bad guy.

Hm, fair enough, I always just assumed he was being used as a really clumsy and ineffective voice of morality by Kojima and Co. Your angle is definitely more interesting.

Doop

This is the first stuff of metal gear scanlon 5 I've seen. Boy you can really tell they just want to get through this.

Hm, fair enough, I always just assumed he was being used as a really clumsy and ineffective voice of morality by Kojima and Co. Your angle is definitely more interesting.

He did the same thing towards Dr. Strangelove when he was being interrogated about it, tried to say that she was the one working on the AI and yadda yadda and that it was her fault she died.

Huey is just a manipulating dick. And it's worked on people if they think it's bad commentary >_> Huey getting off the hook

Also them saying no plans for Metal Gear Rising

WRYYYYYYYY

pizzacat

Banned
Okay while we are on the witcher 3

How can we get this beloved dev to replace my copy of the game for $60? They like that type of attention how do I get out there

Chuck

Still without luck
The hamburger tapes are the best because they were obviously recorded at a different time, and Miller actually sounds like a normal dude.

Instead of gruff dummy Miller in the rest of V.

pizzacat

Banned
The hamburger tapes are the best because they were obviously recorded at a different time, and Miller actually sounds like a normal dude.

Instead of gruff dummy Miller in the rest of V.
Yea there's a lot of the game that seems to be made at a different time and direction, that, the wandering soldiers, the va to fob missions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom