• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Give me the skinny on good 6.1 speaker setups for the PC!

Mrbob

Ok, I saw the Doom 3 icons show, and they mention how the game is going to handle 6.1 audio!

It doesn't have to be 6.1, I could also live with 5.1. But I decided I need to update my PC speaker system before Doom 3 is out! Actually, my onboard soundstorm sound (NF7) supports 5.1 sound so I guess that is what I'm looking for! I don't want to break the bank but I don't want cheap either! I know a good deal about home theater systems but not much about good PC speakers! Some guides or recommendations would be great! Also, aren't there 5.1 headphones too? How do those work?!

golem

ive heard good stuff about the logitech z-680... but personally i just went the home theater route and have my nvidia soundstorm hooked up to a panasonic 5.1 receiver

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
golem said:
ive heard good stuff about the logitech z-680... but personally i just went the home theater route and have my nvidia soundstorm hooked up to a panasonic 5.1 receiver

Yep, the Soundstorm can do that

Top Bottom