• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta |OT|

ltHBP.jpg

General Information

Platform: PSP
Release Date: 2. November 2010
Rating: Mature 17+

Reviews

Gametrailers
Score: 9.4

IGN
Score: 9.5

GameInformer
Score: 9.5

Digital Chumps
Score: 9.4

Destructoid
Score: 9

G4TV
Score: 3/5

ZTGD
Score: 9.3

joystiq
Score: 4.5/5

psnation
Score: A+

Eurogamer
Score: 7/10

How is the God of War timeline after this?
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War 1
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
God of War 2
God of War 3

What locations will I visit?
Not to give away too much, but you will explore the legendary city of Atlantis and various other locations.

Is there a sex minigame?
What do you think, it's God of War after all!

How long is the Game
The developer said its about 25% longer than Chains of Olympus. So prepare for a 6-8 hour game.

Screens and Artwork

Ghost of Sparta PSP
yyyNG.jpg

Now, go get it and enjoy!

Side note: My first OT, so if I should add anything, just PM me!

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Waiting for my pre-order to arrive. I need my fix of smoldering Greek rage <3

Edit: And no mention of GoW: Betrayal in the timeline? :eek:

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Those environments are ridiculously detailed. How do they do it? I don't recall Chains coming even close to what they've achieved here.

aerts1js

I loved the first one on the PSP and can't wait to get my hands on this. Ready at Dawn is my favorite PSP developer.

I got review code last week. This game is incredible. I can't believe some of the stuff they do with the PSP. I mean, it's insane.

Looks fantastic. I ordered Chains of Olympus last week ahead of picking this up. I only first played GoW II (on PS2) and III (not played the first one yet) this year - love those. Will pick up this and the first one shortly.

I've been feeling burned out on the franchise but the recent very positive reviews have turned me around. Picking this up day one and I expect to have a pretty good time with it.

Skilletor

Lafiel said:
I wonder if it's worth skipping chains for this?

I don't understand this proposition.

Can you only afford one or the other. If yes, then go for the sequel which will undoubtedly improve upon its predecessor.

I'll be picking this up soon. Game looks so damn amazing. How does RaD do it?

V_Ben

Banned
revolverjgw said:
I remember reading that he is a huge God of War fanboy and has been wanting to be in one for years. They thanked him in the GoW3 credits too, dunno why.

Oh yeah, he did pop up in the credits. Perhaps there are custom sounds for that skin that you get, with him grunting about. :lol

I wouldn't skip Chains of Olympus. It's not necessary for this game to be sure, but as far as the story and the writing goes, I like it more than GoW2.

I AM JOHN! said:
I wouldn't skip Chains of Olympus. It's not necessary for this game to be sure, but as far as the story and the writing goes, I like it more than GoW2.

Man, my Chains of Olympus should be here today. If it's even half as good as God of War II then I'm going to have a lot of fun.

edit: It arrived :) - will blast through that and then order up Ghost of Sparta.

After seeing the PSP in person- Sony really knows how to get to me on PSP colors. I have my Camo PSP still and while I love it, a Kratos 3000 is beautiful.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Can anyone answer this for me? the Deimos Skin for the ps3? reading the psblog is confusing me, is it only available from nov 2-nov 9th? for some reason amazon has not shipped my copy of the game and they have it listed to be shipped on november 9th.

Takao

Banned
neojubei said:
Can anyone answer this for me? the Deimos Skin for the ps3? reading the psblog is confusing me, is it only available from nov 2-nov 9th? for some reason amazon has not shipped my copy of the game and they have it listed to be shipped on november 9th.

Demios skin is for God of War III on PS3. It's a preorder bonus, and should (key word: should) be with all preordered copies. PSN purchases of the game from November 2-November 9 will recieve all the preorder goodies.

Top Bottom