• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla Animated Film to be Streamed Globally on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

The closest thing was this, and they were educational video for teaching children how to count.

tumblr_nuf0jnteDN1s2jfn0o2_400.gif

tumblr_nuf15nt4Aq1ux5cn4o1_400.gif

tumblr_nmk8x0LVq31rz5jxbo3_500.gif

heh. pretty cute.

I'm imaging the fucking PLANET ITSELF becoming a monster after thousands of years of spilled monster blood and radiation and what have you.

"I come back to find and kill Godzilla and all I find are wannabes. That's a lovely mountain range."

*ground quakes*

"Wait, those are GODZILLA'S SPINES!"

Aki-at

Cool mecha design but when are we going to start seeing the monsters!

Can't wait to see what type of look they're going to give this Godzilla.

Some supposed background info from an expo
Kamacuras, Orga, Rodan, Anguiras, Dogora, and Daghara all come out over the years from 1999-2022. They attack various cities and millions of people die. 2 alien races come to Earth and give people technology. Godzilla appears in like 2030 and over the years kills billions of people. Finally people just leave the planet.

Rymuth

I'm imaging the fucking PLANET ITSELF becoming a monster after thousands of years of spilled monster blood and radiation and what have you.

"I come back to find and kill Godzilla and all I find are wannabes. That's a lovely mountain range."

*ground quakes*

"Wait, those are GODZILLA'S SPINES!"
xD

Kamacuras, Orga, Rodan, Anguiras, Dogora, and Daghara all come out over the years from 1999-2022. They attack various cities and millions of people die. 2 alien races come to Earth and give people technology. Godzilla appears in like 2030 and over the years kills billions of people. Finally people just leave the planet.

You getting me all excited here

Automatically the second best giant monster trilogy. It's a decent time to be a giant monster fan. Three anime movies, Shin Godzilla, the MonsterVerse, and Pacific Rim keeping the genre alive and kicking. That hiatus between 2004-2014 was awful, and damn it's nice to see some movies being made, even if I'm not the biggest fan of them.

Automatically the second best giant monster trilogy. It's a decent time to be a giant monster fan. Three anime movies, Shin Godzilla, the MonsterVerse, and Pacific Rim keeping the genre alive and kicking. That hiatus between 2004-2014 was awful, and damn it's nice to see some movies being made, even if I'm not the biggest fan of them.
What are the other two and can I watch them right now?

Edit: Oh, this Godzilla anime is a trilogy. Never mind then.

I'm liking the character designs so far.

It's good to see Toho finally letting people be creative with the franchise considering how notoriously strict they are.

duckroll

OMG YES YUKI KAJI ISNT THE LEAD! OMG YES YUKI KAJI ISNT THE LEAD! OMG YES YUKI KAJI ISNT THE LEAD! OMG YES YUKI KAJI ISNT THE LEAD! OMG YES YUKI KAJI ISNT THE LEAD! OMG YES YUKI KAJI ISNT THE LEAD! OMG YES YUKI KAJI ISNT THE LEAD! OMG YES YUKI KAJI ISNT THE LEAD! OMG YES YUKI KAJI ISNT THE LEAD!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Chance of that being inaccurate? Gotta be real, the last two in particular are random as hell.
___Orga___
strikes me as an unusual choice too tbh.

Sunster

amazing, they will have infinitely more creative freedom with animation as opposed to live action/CGI. All kinds of crazy shit could be included. Definitely longer fight scenes.

Amalthea

Banned
That would be pretty interesting as
Daghara and Dogora never appeared in a proper Godzilla movie before

JimiNutz

Banned
Do not like the idea of
two Alien races coming to earth and providing technology. Why the fuck tney gotta start introducing Aliens and shit?

Hagi

Do not like the idea of
two Alien races coming to earth and providing technology. Why the fuck tney gotta start introducing Aliens and shit?

Not exactly a new thing for Godzilla though is it?

I'm pretty excited for this it's sounds like it's going to be pretty cool.

Bluth54

Not exactly a new thing for Godzilla though is it?

I'm pretty excited for this it's sounds like it's going to be pretty cool.

Yeah a number of Godzilla movies feature aliens coming to Earth. Usually they're evil and use monsters to attack Earth though it sounds like they'll potentially be good or helpful in these movies.

Bluth54

Is it? That was the only Godzilla art they showed which I didn't recognize, so I thought it was new.

Yeah the last picture is from the Godzilla 2000 Japanese poster:
220px-Godzilla2000jap.jpg

Edit: I know the poster pretty well since I have a mini poster version of it I got at one of the G-Fest Godzilla conventions I went to when I was a kid that I got signed by Shinichi Wakasa, the guy who made the suit for the movie.

jett

D-Member
http://godzilla-anime.com
http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0090487

Official unveiled ahead of Anime Japan this weekend. The official title is GODZILLA -MONSTER PLANET-. It is a full scifi action movie. After Godzilla and other monsters appear on Earth and wreck humanity for half a century, everyone decides to bail the fuck out. Mankind builds a huge colony ship and escapes from Earth, only to spend 20 years wandering without finding a habitable planet. The main character is an edgy young man whose parents were killed by Godzilla when he was 4 years old. Now a grown man, he takes command of the operation to return to Earth, and makes a deadly warp jump so they can go back and kill Godzilla. Except they return to an Earth... 20,000 years in the future, completely overrun with monsters where Godzilla reigns as KING. The BATTLE to reclaim Earth begins!

The film opens in November this year.

The original character designs are by Yusuke Kozaki of Fire Emblem fame.

B0H4Ng9.jpg

All CGI?

Has any cel-shaded CGI anime actually looked good?

duckroll

Yeah the last picture is from the Godzilla 2000 Japanese poster:

Edit: I know the poster pretty well since I have a mini poster version of it I got at one of the G-Fest Godzilla conventions I went to when I was a kid that I got signed by Shinichi Wakasa, the guy who made the suit for the movie.

Ah I see. Makes sense. I was wondering why they would sneak in a stop of the Godzilla design when they've been keeping it secret so far. Very cool story about the poster though. :D

All CGI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwXxjiqDEU

This one's pretty good.

All CGI?

Plenty. People quibble about Knights of Sidonia, but I think Ajin was a huge step up. Not to mention Guilty Gear is out there, so the tech totally exists to make it look nice, it's just a matter of a studio getting it into the pipeline.

jett

D-Member
Ah I see. Makes sense. I was wondering why they would sneak in a stop of the Godzilla design when they've been keeping it secret so far. Very cool story about the poster though. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwXxjiqDEU

This one's pretty good.

Oh yeah I've seen this, it's not too shabby. Maybe they'll get there at some point.

Plenty. People quibble about Knights of Sidonia, but I think Ajin was a huge step up. Not to mention Guilty Gear is out there, so the tech totally exists to make it look nice, it's just a matter of a studio getting it into the pipeline.

Ehhh.

Guilty Gear is a video game, and looks really good. For a video game. Also suffers from running at a low framerate during cut-scenes (15 fps), like a lot CGI anime. Japan really needs to stop this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom