• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire - March 15, 2024

Pelao

I can see them using an evil Kong or an OC.
I'd be surprised if they bothered to use any of Toho's primate-like kaiju like Sanda or Gaira, since they're not that well known. That said, I hope they add more kaiju this time around.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Not a huge fan of what appears to be King Louie from Jungle Book as an antagonist. Hopefully they'll be a surprise main monster that Godzilla and Kong have to overcome, like Destoroyah or Gigan.

Draugoth

Gold Member

official-poster-for-godzilla-x-kong-the-new-empire-v0-c0mi78pv454c1.jpg

The epic battle continues! Legendary Pictures’ cinematic Monsterverse follows up the explosive showdown of “Godzilla vs. Kong” with an all-new adventure that pits the almighty Kong and the fearsome Godzilla against a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging their very existence—and our own. “Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire” delves further into the histories of these Titans and their origins, as well as the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever.

Last edited:
I have enjoyed most of the Legendary Godzilla movies but this looks like utter GARBAGE.

Pink Godzilla? What the fuck.

This looks fantastic. Classic Showa style outlandish kaiju action.

Yoda

Probably should've released the trailer after minus one was out of theaters. Looks really bad.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This looks like garbage. The bad kind of garbage where you regret spending 18 dollars and wasting 2 hours of your life on it. I will not help fund such mediocrity. I will not and you shouldn't either.

rockwell-freedom-of-speech.jpg

Trunx81

Can’t be worse than a Transformers movie. Will watch, but not in theaters. Let’s see how they possibly tie in the Monarch series.

I'm a huge Godzilla fan and this ain't it. Why is Godzilla pink and who cares about some other random giant ape? Huge missed opportunity to include Destroyah or Mecha Gidorah

Rat Rage

After seeing Godzialla Minus One this looks like hot garbage. I'm gonna skip this one and rather rewatch Godzilla Minus One.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
This looks like garbage. The bad kind of garbage where you regret spending 18 dollars and wasting 2 hours of your life on it. I will not help fund such mediocrity. I will not and you shouldn't either.

rockwell-freedom-of-speech.jpg
I’m watching it three times in theatres at least I’ll admit Molly Bobby brown and Vera farmiga were annoying as sh!t in the previous ones but kong and Godzilla teaming up to fight this new monkey king sign me up I’m not picky with special effects looks good enough to me

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I used to be a little frustrated with the increasingly goofy direction of this series, but now that we have Minus One and it's fucking incredible, I feel like I don't have to worry as much about what these movies aren't.
This looks fantastic. Classic Showa style outlandish kaiju action.
Fantastic might be a bit strong, but yeah. "Stupid kids movie kaiju wrestling" is just as much a part of this IP's legacy as "Dark, allegorical monster horror." And if the mass market success of the MonsterVerse has gotten Toho to produce some of the best Godzilla ever, then really everyone should be happy. And it makes it easier for me to appreciate these movies for the knowingly dopey action fests that they are.

I may have fucked myself by introducing my kid to Godzilla with Minus One. I set the bar too high. Showed her the trailer to this and she was like "That looks really stupid."

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Ehhh, not the direction I thought they would go, though I suppose it was inevitable. This is gonna go head to head with Planet of the Apes, isn't it? Hopefully that mammoth, wolf, and some of the other ones show up, though TBH while I've seen the legendary films their plots are atrocious and I really just remember some of the fights. Those white faced things from Godzilla and Skull Island were far cooler though, just more monkies (and with armor?) is less appealing for me.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I don't care about pink Godzilla. That shit looked like an extremely fun, one-and-done. I'm down, but maybe not for the theater.
This movie constitutes a huge spliff. Make that pink pop a bit more. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Top Bottom