• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG | January 2015 - Prepare yourself for an insatiable year of games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy fucking shit, i need to spend more time on GAF. Can't believe the next batch of lucasarts games that just came out. Can't believe it. I am guessing that getting balance of power to work over internet might prove difficult.
Xwing alliance? Tears of joy (I am still waiting for the "Tie Fighter Empire" sequel). I need a flight stick. A good one. Wish I still had my trusty force feedback.

But shit. Rebellion? Even though it sucked, I loved playing the game. I am not sure I could handle the terrible UI again.
Never played KOTOR2 either. Might try to find that patch that supposedly gives the proper endgame.

Dsyndrome

New games are up: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, Republic Commando, and Starfighter. Someone in another thread was complaining that Outcast was coming before Dark Forces 2, but with that not being the case, order release is still being followed for Kyle Katarn's games.

Sorry for no link, can't access GOG at work:
GOG Main Site

Minsc

Gold Member
Updated OP with the four new releases from today, three more Star Wars games, and the Grim Fandango remake... jealous of anyone who is playing that game for the first time. One of the best adventure games made, don't miss out on it!

Dsyndrome

Anybody know if there's plans to update Indigo Prophecy on GOG to the new version on Steam?

Keep forgetting the game's called Fahrenheit outside NA; looked on the forums, no indication at this time for us getting the remaster. There's precedent, however, with Outcast, so maybe the same will happen! I trust GOG to seek out the remaster from Steam vice the other way around, so here's hoping; haven't played this since college, and maybe the ending will make more sense
(probably not though).

jvm

Gamasutra.
Just noticed that HOMM3 is on GOG and doesn't have a GNU/Linux version. As you may know, Loki Games did a great HOMM3 port for GNU/Linux years ago. I'd've liked to see that version used to bring HOMM3 to a new generation of GNU/Linux users.

I bet I could even help find a copy of the source, if they were interested. I'm still in touch with folks from Loki Games...

ricki42

Just noticed that HOMM3 is on GOG and doesn't have a GNU/Linux version. As you may know, Loki Games did a great HOMM3 port for GNU/Linux years ago. I'd've liked to see that version used to bring HOMM3 to a new generation of GNU/Linux users.

I bet I could even help find a copy of the source, if they were interested. I'm still in touch with folks from Loki Games...

I remember reading about that a while ago, but I couldn't find the Linux version anywhere. Is it still available? Also, how well does it play with current Linux distros?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom