• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Sun 3?

SantaC

Was this game ever confirmed or just a rumor? Now when camelot in done with Mario Tennis I wouldn't mind see them do this game on GC, or maybe for NDS or Revolution.

Soul4ger

SantaCruZer said:
Was this game ever confirmed or just a rumor? Now when camelot in done with Mario Tennis I wouldn't mind see them do this game on GC, or maybe for NDS or Revolution.

Well, if their announced projects are to be believed, their next game should be Mario Tennis for the GBA.

I think it was confirmed that they are working on a new RPG project? But there was never a confirmation that it is a new Golden Sun game. That may've just been hearsay, too.

AniHawk

I thought I heard they were doing a GC Golden Sun or RPG earlier this year. Every other rumored Nintendo GC RPG has come to be (Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, Pokemon RPG [Colosseum]).

I'd only buy it if it was closer to The Lost Age instead of Golden Sun though. And the writing and story still needs a shitload of work.

SantaC

fuck mario tennis for gba, I want my golden sun game.

Golden Sun 1+ 2 = 100 hours playtime for me.

AniHawk

SantaCruZer said:

Golden Sun = 33 hours (wanted to end the damn thing)
The Lost Age = 48 hours (didn't want it to end... did everything 'cept the most powerful boss)

Soul4ger

AniHawk said:
The Lost Age = 48 hours (didn't want it to end... did everything 'cept the most powerful boss)

Seriously. How bad was the original Golden Sun? Blech, I love Camelot, but that game was incredibly painful.

belgurdo

Banned
SantaCruZer said:

Don't know how you did it...I wanted to end myself after hour 5 (on both games)

SantaC

AniHawk said:

It was awesome that you could use your stats, summons and party members from GS1 in GS2 by using password or link cable. Great stuff. It motivated me to get all the great items and weapons in GS1. That said GS2 was easily the better game.

Don't know how you did it...I wanted to end myself after hour 5 (on both games)

Hey I am a RPG whore afterall. I bothered to level up my character in Sword of Mana to 99 just to beat the final boss in 1 hit :)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The Lost Age (and most certainly not Golden Sun 1) remains to this date on my top 5 RPGs this gen.

methodman

Banned
SantaCruZer said:

Yep, it took me around 100 hours to finish golden 1 and 2 as well. Great games (the first one is not close to as good as the 2nd one though).

snapty00

Banned
I don't know how you people play the Golden Sun games. I swear, I couldn't play either one for over an hour without getting assly annoyed. The graphics were awesome for a GBA game, but that's about all I liked about them.

And then Mario Golf had the same damn "Yes/No" questions and faces. :(

belgurdo

Banned
snapty00 said:

Does Mario and crew shake like epileptics when they talk and go on and on for 20 minutes about absolutely nothing too?

SantaC

snapty00 said:
I don't know how you people play the Golden Sun games. I swear, I couldn't play either one for over an hour without getting assly annoyed. The graphics were awesome for a GBA game, but that's about all I liked about them.

the yes/no questions didn't really bother me. since it didn't matter what you answered you just pressed past them away anyway.

after the sequel (after is probably not the right word considering how I couldn't be arse to play through the damn thing.), I have to say I have lost a lot of interest in GS. A console version might help but the story line has to grow up from the 16bit pap.

LakeEarth

AniHawk said:

Yeah I only didn't face the hardest hardest boss in Lost Age cause you need every Dijinn in both games and I missed on in the original Golden Sun. No way in hell I'm playing through that again, though. I'm pretty sure I beat the other 3 "secret bosses", the magic guy who made multiple coloured orbs being the one that pissed me off most.

Mejilan

The uber boss in Lost Age rocked so hard. Man, I must have romped around gaining 20 levels before I could survive, and I still lost 5/8 party members in the struggle!

They truly did save the best special effects for last, however. GORGEOUS attack cinematics. Pretty much unrivaled in any RPG, imho... as far as imagination and presentation go.

hirokazu

damn, you make me want to play through The Lost Age...

i bought it, transferred my characters from the first game via the frickin password system, which sucked coz i typed it wrong somewhere on my first two attempts, too ages (a week later, i bought an SP :/), and i played for about 15min before i stopped, never picked it up again...

not really because i didn't like it, but i could never be bothered, heh.

that said, i do remember hearing confirmation of a Camelot RPG for GC, hopefully, we'll hear more of it soon... maybe E3 '05?

Mejilan

The characters, story, pacing, and ending were much better than the previous game's, that's for certain. But, aside from the ending, they were nothing special. (The ending really was a lot of fun!)

The game absolutely shined in just how open and non-linear the quest was. You get your primary mode of transportation fairly early on, and once you do, it's just incredible how you can tackle the towns and dungeons in almost any order. Well, some of them at least.

The game also featured the best dungeons, dungeon puzzles, and out-of-combat magic implementation system in any RPG, imho.

The way it improved over the original is absolutely remarkable, and sadly, since lots of people wouldn't give it even an hour of their time (after the first one turned out), it was overlooked more than it should have been.

Even the gameplay was balanced so that it wasn't the utter cakewalk that the first was. Psynergy, for one, replenished much slower, it seemed.

And the soundtrack... some songs still give me goosebumps. I've got both games ripped onto my iPod in mp3 format, and I can't say that about many GBA games.

There needs to be a Golden Sun for GC...
and also a full Pokemon RPG for GC too.

Nintendo is stupid for not doing so. It would help the Cube a lot.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
belgurdo said:
Does Mario and crew shake like epileptics when they talk and go on and on for 20 minutes about absolutely nothing too?
They did in Mario Golf/Tennis on GBC. As well as Beyond the Beyond for PS1, at least as far as I could recall..

Those expecting a grandeur storyline from Golden Sun obviously won't complain about the lack of storyline for FFI & II when it's released in the next few weeks, nor will they cry about FFIII's storyline (was there even one there?). As far as I can tell, Golden Sun is the RPG of choice for GBA - even if it's storyline isn't as strong as those expected today.

mumu

I loved Golden Sun, but got bored of Golden Sun 2 after about an hour because it didn't let me play with my old party right away.

mumu said:
I loved Golden Sun, but got bored of Golden Sun 2 after about an hour because it didn't let me play with my old party right away.

Oh god.. it your gonna have to hate this great game, at least come up with a good reason.... cuz that one is pure BS.

mumu

I'm not hating the game. It was just that i was so deep into the story and got attached to my party that i was really looking forward to continue the journey with them. Then i learned that i will only be able to use them about halfway through the game (and all that after i entered the 200+ characters key!!), and kinda became uninterested in the game. I might pick it up some day again.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Good fucking god, that is the dumbest excuse I've ever heard for not playing a game. "I CAN'T HAVE MY SUPER POWERFUL PARTY RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING!"

LakeEarth

mumu said:
I'm not hating the game. It was just that i was so deep into the story and got attached to my party that i was really looking forward to continue the journey with them. Then i learned that i will only be able to use them about halfway through the game (and all that after i entered the 200+ characters key!!), and kinda became uninterested in the game. I might pick it up some day again.

Dude -
Eventually you fight with all 8 chacters!

mumu

If it doesn't bother you, that's good for you :) One more happy GS player in this world. I should probably mention that i got both at the same time and started with part 2 the same evening that i finished part 1, so i really wanted to continue with my party (powerful or not doesn't matter). I really tried, but after about an hour i just got so bored i couldn't play anymore. I might pick it up again now that some time passed.

Top Bottom