• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye DS to have 16 players online?

WordofGod

Banned
http://www.ds-insider.com/?page=games/files/game&id=goldeneye

Goldeneye DS isn't a watered down version of the new Rouge Agent as was originally suspected, but rather a port or remake of the original title for the Nintendo 64. It is still unknown if the game will have updated graphics, just be a direct port, or if it will even use the same engine as the original. What is known though is that up to 16 players can duke it out online. Yes, online, multiplayer GoldenEye will be a reality.

Has this been confirmed?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Nope it hasn't been confirmed. They're the only people to mention it, thus far.

Here's to hoping, though!

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Sorry, but there's not a chance in hell that I'll believe anything regarding "Nintendo" and "online" until I see it straight from the horse's mouth.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Justin Bailey said:
Sorry, but there's not a chance in hell that I'll believe anything regarding "Nintendo" and "online" until I see it straight from the horse's mouth.

IAWTP

(oh yeah I'm a fanboy, but I'm realistic, too)

Memles

If it is indeed a port though, I'm sure the wireless linking possibilities will still make for awesome multiplayer.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Yep it's confirmed, it'll be called GoldenEye World Smash. There will also be Mario Tennis World Smash and Mario Kart World Smash (working title Mario Kart DS). The online system will be called Nintenod StarRoad (shortened SRN).

GDGF

Soothsayer
I find it alot easier to swallow the possibility that Nintendo and EA did a tag team to bring us a Goldeneye 64 (+ hyper), than I do the possibility that they both put it online.

(black and white representing, yo!)

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
The rouge agent strikes again!

ro.JPG

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Chittagong said:
Yep it's confirmed, it'll be called GoldenEye World Smash. There will also be Mario Tennis World Smash and Mario Kart World Smash (working title Mario Kart DS). The online system will be called Nintenod StarRoad (shortened SRN).
Hee Hee. You forgot Fzero GX onlline ;)

Kon Tiki

Banned
Am I the only one worries about the controls of a FPS on NDS? It is not just the aiming either, the lack of analogue and buttons. :/

Kon Tiki

Banned
Semjaza Azazel said:
They don't have the Bond license anymore, however.
They do not need it. Nintendo is not developing it. Think of it as MGS:TS, Nintendo(Konami) is lending an IP to another developer, EA(Nintendo).

If true this would indeed be fucking awesome. But it just seems so unlikely that the code could be given to EA without a bunch of legal hurdles. Not only that, but why wouldn't Nintendo have one of its own more capable teams do the port? Like NST? Possibly EA can help with the 16-player area, but I don't have much faith in their being able to port such a classic game.

akascream

Banned
They'd have been stupid to release the new GE instead of the version that sold a metric fuckton. Now they just need to take out the flashing invincible when shot in multiplayer.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
There would be no downsides to either Nintendo or EA if they teamed up to bring it the DS, only big plusses.

So I don't see why it wouldn't happen, unless there's any problem with Rare's involvement, and I can't imagine there would be.

I want to *KNOW* more about the online functionality that the DS claims to have. Is it simply wireless connection play or is it *actual* "play through internet" play

I'm posting right now through the same sort of wireless connection DS is able to use. If it weren't for the fact that I have lag-happy satellite Internet, real-time online gaming wouldn't be a problem.

Chittagong

Gold Member
JoshuaJSlone said:
I'm posting right now through the same sort of wireless connection DS is able to use. If it weren't for the fact that I have lag-happy satellite Internet, real-time online gaming wouldn't be a problem.

You too are using Nintendo's proprietary version of WLAN? Holy crap OMG!!

GDGF

Soothsayer
akascream said:
They'd have been stupid to release the new GE instead of the version that sold a metric fuckton. Now they just need to take out the flashing invincible when shot in multiplayer.

Screw that! The flashing keeps campers from waiting at spawn points and capping you as soon as you reappear.

Top Bottom